The online racing simulator
Also 458 S3 version was nice
Quote :- Fixed triple screen change gear animations going too fast

Why does triple screen have any effect on shift animation rate?!
That's pretty much accurate for the standard F40. Not a good car (and like most terrible supercars, devilishly desirible)
Drove X-Bow a bit, once it goes into a slight slide, no way to get it back? Or i've become that bad.. Played a bit with the controls, wheel still slightly vibrates while standing still but not a deal breaker.
Don't know if I should mess with the wheel rotation (900) on this type of cars?
The F40 is sex, spent couple of hours with it. I just wish my CS V2 pedals would arrive already, I think the car would really benefit from a load-cell.
Quote from isamu :LOL wut? Have you played GT6? The graphics are ass. They're worse than GT5. Aliasing everywhere, tearing everywhere, and constant frame drops during cockpit view. They're putrid.

TIL hardware performance issues = bad graphics. illepall
Quote from Boris Lozac :Drove X-Bow a bit, once it goes into a slight slide, no way to get it back? Or i've become that bad.. Played a bit with the controls, wheel still slightly vibrates while standing still but not a deal breaker.
Don't know if I should mess with the wheel rotation (900) on this type of cars?

It can take a long time to set wheel configuration well. And graphics settings are equally fiddly.
Xbow is one of the most controllable and forgiving cars, if you're struggling in such a way with that one I'd bet you have some settings wrong, giving crap ffb or worse: input lag.
Turn off vsync and aim to get 100 FPS, it does wonders to the controls.
am i the only one whos having issues with the cars refusing to step back in line after a slide? it feels somwhat like the physics switch to a slide mode and the back will just keep swining back and forth until youve slowed down a lot sometimes
maybe its just my wheel setup but a friend tried the sim today and he was complaining about the same thing within a couple of minutes

also whats the timing and tyre app you guys are using?
Quote from Shotglass :am i the only one whos having issues with the cars refusing to step back in line after a slide? it feels somwhat like the physics switch to a slide mode and the back will just keep swining back and forth until youve slowed down a lot sometimes
maybe its just my wheel setup but a friend tried the sim today and he was complaining about the same thing within a couple of minutes

also whats the timing and tyre app you guys are using?

I got this but not with every cars. Mostly the F458 and it felt weird.
Quote from Shotglass :am i the only one whos having issues with the cars refusing to step back in line after a slide? it feels somwhat like the physics switch to a slide mode and the back will just keep swining back and forth until youve slowed down a lot sometimes

You don't have the silly slide effect and the likes on, and what wheel do you use?
I have no reference as i've never drifted or driven a car on the limit IRL, but plain 90% ffb (100 windows) feels just fine.
I too had that problem mainly with the Lotus 49, over correcting it all the time. It's not as bad any more with more practice but I still tend to do it every now and then. Can't say I had any trouble with the road cars yet, they feel pretty natural to catch on my end.

Can't say anything about recent builds though, my gpu is on it's rma world tour didn't fire up AC since 10 days.
Quote from Mysho :I literally couldn't stop driving the F40. I didn't even try another new cars yet......

Quote from Matrixi :The F40 is sex...

Same here, first car I tested, stock F40, stock setup, 90 tires @ Imola
lowered and moved forward the seat a bit (AC default dude must be tall one, hi sits so high, that I can't see the upper par of the dash)

Damn! KS totally nailed the F40, it's better then I expected , weak brakes, no abs, masive turbo lag, heaps of power, poping and banging twinturbo v8, long gear ratios, go kart like handling, and it's totally driftable with 490 degrees of rotation, but be aware of that powerband and working pop up headlights:lovies:

F40 s3, is the same thing but turned up to

Harder suspension, semislick or full slick tires, and 610hp+/700nm Italian madness
Interesting F40 story
ive been banned from the forum for apparent use of dodgy language until the 26th december.. ! :|

anyway to contact the devs?
Quote from Bean0 :Maybe try this...

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?misc/contact

It's for the post where you called the guy an complete imbecile in case you're wondering.

yea i noticed... least i cant be banned for lying.. 6 days is a bit harsh i thought lol

anyway, i created a new username and relogged in and sent him a PM.. if that account gets banned ill create another one and just keep quiet. lol
Quote from R3DMAN :yea i noticed... least i cant be banned for lying.. 6 days is a bit harsh i thought lol

anyway, i created a new username and relogged in and sent him a PM.. if that account gets banned ill create another one and just keep quiet. lol

All the best of us get a ban for bringing down the pain once in a while.
Quote from JazzOn :You don't have the silly slide effect and the likes on, and what wheel do you use?

slide effect?
Quote from Shotglass :slide effect?

in the advanced controller options, and they're set to 30 or something on default (i think)

But nevermind, i've just tried it and it seems to just add vibration.
dear me..their banning mentality on that forum is pure dictatorship..

guess ill have to wait the 6 days.
Yep F40 s3 with semis (not slicks) is officially my favorite car atm. for sheer driving pleasure Second favorite e30m3 s54b32, third 458 or KTM or L49 or e30 dtm, hard to decide they are all good
What is wrong with Z4 GT3 Monza hotlap times?

I need -10s to have achievement

There are some weird lap times on RSR hotlap ranks...

Anyway, brilliant update
Seriously this is too much content right now, i don't know where to start. As far as i'm concerned they can focus all their attention and resources to MP..
I've been having a go now and then with AC and have been trying to like it. But somehow it doesn't click. When running around below the limit the general feeling is quite good. But when I push the cars start displaying all sorts of behavior that don't feel natural to me.

First there is the dreaded snap-back when correcting minor slides. I am more likely to spin from the snap-back than from the original oversteer. Something you never see in real life.

Then you have the extreme mid-corner understeer that even increases when you add some throttle. Is there a more unsatisfying trait a car can have than power-on-understeer?

Then there's the fact that you can't turn in when you are still on the brakes a bit, the car just goes straight. In real life drivers brake into corners to but vertical load on the front tyres to reduce turn-in understeer.

And in general anything with less than 500 bhp feels sluggish and unresponsive.

To top it off the graphics don't look anywhere near as good as in the screenshots. I've tried all the AA/AF settings and the tracks are just blurred and low-detail.

I know that I've generalized a lot in the above comments and maybe I just haven't driven the right car/track/setup combo. So can anybody give me some advice what I should be driving? Or could it be that my old DFP is just too sluggish to give me enough feel for AC?

On a sidenote, I also tried RaceRoom Experience today and thought it wasn't too bad. So maybe I've just gone crazy?
Must be FOV

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG