The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
They already fixed it. For tha last weeks I'm finding Kunos to be more productive (maybe I'm just more aware of the news) promising and releasing features in a timely manner
Quote from Whiskey :They already fixed it. For tha last weeks I'm finding Kunos to be more productive (maybe I'm just more aware of the news) promising and releasing features in a timely manner

Unfortunately they're adding and/or fixing features which should have been part of the initial MP release a lot of the time. Things like server control of tyre wear/fuel usage, content checks to (try and) prevent cheating online, chat functionality, admin control (kick/ban).
Just out of curiosity, amp, why are all your hotlaps in ffwd mode?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Just out of curiosity, amp, why are all your hotlaps in ffwd mode?

Ever since I saw videos of the Red Bull X2010 in GT5 I wanted to drive something like it. I don't own a PS3/4, so modding in AC seems like a decent way to get there. For that Mugello lap the mod isn't that advanced, but I have done a bit of experimenting with some active aerodynamics and more interesting features. It's quite enjoyable to try and keep something that's about 30 seconds per lap faster than the 2012 F1 testing times on track at Mugello, especially when you're trying to stick within (somewhat) realistic physics settings.
Ah, I see. Wasn't clear on the fact that it was a mod and not just a normal hotlap sped up in post.
Quote from Fordman :Croft has been released. I can't test it as I am working away, but home tomorrow. Video looks good.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... croft-circuit-2007.13013/

What's your thoughts?

Fordie

That's far from the real croft, it looks horrible from the video in my opinion. The layout is far from correct.
The rFactor 2 version of Croft is much closer to reality.

Thumb down! :P
Quote from Tomhah :That's far from the real croft, it looks horrible from the video in my opinion. The layout is far from correct.

Oh shit, and that comes from an a Very Experienced driver...I am yet to test it, had driver updates to do

But thanks for that Tomo Will report back

Fordie
Quote from Tomhah :That's far from the real croft, it looks horrible from the video in my opinion. The layout is far from correct.

Was exactly my opinion too, though I wasn't there, but the rF2 version looks a lot more legit.
I drive croft a lot irl, this version isnt that great, feels3 (or ehatever his name is) had the best version for rf2.
Waiting for kick-ass tracks. Tracks we have are cool, but nothing which gives 100% satisfaction. At least to me. Speaking quality-wise, not content-wise just to be clear.
Have you tried "Gentrack1" or "Longford 67" or "Bruno"?

So far those are the highest quality I have seen, as far as gfx and overall polish are concerned anyway.
Longford 67 didn't strike me as a high quality track. The road surface on one of the straights (after the right hander in the village) is/was iffy, and it looks dated. Having said that, everything looks dated with all settings at the bare minimum

By Bruno do you mean Brno (http://www.automotodrombrno.cz/grand-prix/en/)? I don't remember anything negative to say about that, so I guess it's good.

Gentrack1 is ace, though.

Also the Gp200 track layout is interesting, shame that it lacks optimisation (LoD probably, not sure). Should be good on any computer that wasn't dated 3 years ago..
Stuttering - Tear issue's
After searching and searching, I have finally found it, as they have moved it since the last patch. Sorry if you have already made the change

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

In there you will find Graphics.ini, and change this line:

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=0 - Change 0 to 1 and save

Now back up to speed and no stuttering

Fordie
Quote from DratsaB :Have you tried "Gentrack1" or "Longford 67" or "Bruno"?

So far those are the highest quality I have seen, as far as gfx and overall polish are concerned anyway.

I think Donnington is very good, ok not polished, but very very raceable and enjoyable

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :After searching and searching, I have finally found it, as they have moved it since the last patch. Sorry if you have already made the change

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

In there you will find Graphics.ini, and change this line:

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=0 - Change 0 to 1 and save

Now back up to speed and no stuttering

Fordie

Just been running MSI Afterburner, and I have gone from 40fps with stutter and tearing to 80-100fps with no tearing or stutters. Why is Kunos resetting this with every patch, when it does make a difference?

I will ask LOL

Fordie
Meanwhile in AC

Please translate..
Holy shit, hadn't seen the drying line simulation in Kart Racing Pro. Very impressive.
Really like Castle Hill, too.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG