The online racing simulator
Quote from Tomhah :That's far from the real croft, it looks horrible from the video in my opinion. The layout is far from correct.
The rFactor 2 version of Croft is much closer to reality.

Thumb down! :P

Was exactly my opinion too, though I wasn't there, but the rF2 version looks a lot more legit.
I drive croft a lot irl, this version isnt that great, feels3 (or ehatever his name is) had the best version for rf2.
Waiting for kick-ass tracks. Tracks we have are cool, but nothing which gives 100% satisfaction. At least to me. Speaking quality-wise, not content-wise just to be clear.
Have you tried "Gentrack1" or "Longford 67" or "Bruno"?

So far those are the highest quality I have seen, as far as gfx and overall polish are concerned anyway.
Longford 67 didn't strike me as a high quality track. The road surface on one of the straights (after the right hander in the village) is/was iffy, and it looks dated. Having said that, everything looks dated with all settings at the bare minimum

By Bruno do you mean Brno (http://www.automotodrombrno.cz/grand-prix/en/)? I don't remember anything negative to say about that, so I guess it's good.

Gentrack1 is ace, though.

Also the Gp200 track layout is interesting, shame that it lacks optimisation (LoD probably, not sure). Should be good on any computer that wasn't dated 3 years ago..
Stuttering - Tear issue's
After searching and searching, I have finally found it, as they have moved it since the last patch. Sorry if you have already made the change

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

In there you will find Graphics.ini, and change this line:

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=0 - Change 0 to 1 and save

Now back up to speed and no stuttering

Fordie
Quote from DratsaB :Have you tried "Gentrack1" or "Longford 67" or "Bruno"?

So far those are the highest quality I have seen, as far as gfx and overall polish are concerned anyway.

I think Donnington is very good, ok not polished, but very very raceable and enjoyable

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :After searching and searching, I have finally found it, as they have moved it since the last patch. Sorry if you have already made the change

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

In there you will find Graphics.ini, and change this line:

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=0 - Change 0 to 1 and save

Now back up to speed and no stuttering

Fordie

Just been running MSI Afterburner, and I have gone from 40fps with stutter and tearing to 80-100fps with no tearing or stutters. Why is Kunos resetting this with every patch, when it does make a difference?

I will ask LOL

Fordie
Meanwhile in AC

Please translate..
Holy shit, hadn't seen the drying line simulation in Kart Racing Pro. Very impressive.
Really like Castle Hill, too.
Gotta say i hate it though And that other track of his.. Fantasy tracks in their true meaning..
Yeah, you've made that very clear.

Personally, idgaf how ugly a track might look as long as it drives well, and that track drives very, very well.
i dont really understand the MP in AC...no matter what server i join, theres always just qualify on your own, and once ur done u can only quit back to the server list...what am i missing?
Quote from Fordman :That version of Croft is good....damn good

SO we have Brands Hatch, Croft, Donnington, Mallory Park, Silverstone, Thurxton is on its way....just waiting for Oulton Park, Knockhill and Snetty....then we have a UK Championship

Fordie

Brands is terrible. Mallory was terrible last time I tried it. Donington is okay if you don't care for accuracy. I haven't tried the others yet.
Quote from tristancliffe :Brands is terrible. Mallory was terrible last time I tried it. Donington is okay if you don't care for accuracy. I haven't tried the others yet.

90% of the tracks released are terrible to be honest and people's standards seem very very low to me.
Quote from tristancliffe :Brands is terrible. Mallory was terrible last time I tried it. Donington is okay if you don't care for accuracy. I haven't tried the others yet.

I am not as lucky as you to drive them in "real life" LOL, so they maybe terrible, but still fun to be able to drive around.

Ok, Mallory, haven't tried it in a very long time, but I thought Donny was very good....what do you mean accurate, in mean elevation, bumps etc etc, as the corners look correct to me, or has it changed that much?

Fordie
Quote from sinbad :90% of the tracks released are terrible to be honest and people's standards seem very very low to me.

Given that were still in Early Access I expected the current standard. But I don't like how those capable guys just hop to the next conversion after releasing a drivable first version instead of optimizing the shit out of one track.

Then again we don't know what is being worked on outside of the official forums. Given the constant stream of demands for updates, "betas releases" and random track request I think a lot of guys keep quiet until they have something presentable. The quality bar for car mods seems to be a lot higher tho.
@Tristan & Sinbad & ACCAkut

Just found another version of Brands Released, not seen it mentioned, but just tested it, and it is miles better than the first version.

The one download also includes the Indy Circuit....see what you all think, but I like it.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/brands-hatch.2726/

Fordie
I'm gonna lay down on the plate for anyone not following the tracks development.

Worthy of download are: Brno, Salzburgring, Croft, Magny Cours (if you can find it cause it seems it's 'ilegall') Everything else i've tried it's pretty crap..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm gonna lay down on the plate for anyone not following the tracks development.

Worthy of download are: Brno, Salzburgring, Croft, Magny Cours (if you can find it cause it seems it's 'ilegall') Everything else i've tried it's pretty crap..

Donington
the "new" brands hatch I posted above
Blackwood
Gentrack1
Newbury 2002 + 2006
Prato Long + Short
Aosta Grand Sport

Come on Boris...

Fordie

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG