The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :How many without ANY driver aids ?

2 with driver aids, but the fastest obviously cut the last section judging by his 3rd sector time.
Quote from R3DMAN :2 with driver aids, but the fastest obviously cut the last section judging by his 3rd sector time.

Weird, because rsr app don't allow to cut Variante Alta
52.2 is not possible.
Quote from Intrepid :52.2 is not possible.

Maybe...

That Russian dude is weird, hi got decent sector 1, totally crap sector 2 (next guy with that bad sc 2 is in 154 place) and unbelievable sector 3
The Russian guys time is clearly not possible. Not the overall time, but the sectors. My optimal is well into the 52s now after about 30 laps and I am still on the default setup with semi slicks (And I am far from a hotlapper). Rietveld has proven to be a really fast driver over the years so I wouldn't completely doubt his ability to run a low to mid 52.
Quote from Boris Lozac :26 euros on Steam for the next 48 hours, guess i have no excuses anymore..

time to create my first ever Steam account then. Do they allow payment via paypal?
Quote from ACCAkut :time to create my first ever Steam account then. Do they allow payment via paypal?

Yes.
Quote from e2mustang :first impression: this game has nothing to do with simulation,and wheres all that glamour of graphics?

wat?
Quote from e2mustang :first impression: this game has nothing to do with simulation,and wheres all that glamour of graphics?

Are you sure you've bought the same sim as the rest of us?
Quote from The Moose :Are you sure you've bought the same sim as the rest of us?

LOL. I think is just his frustration speaking after fail attempt to complete a decent lap.
Ye same sim. I drove the e30 and it just doesnt turn.i do love the m3 gtr tho,even if6 sec off pace with keyboard(joy didnt work out ) /me waits for mouse to be faster.
btw what graph settings should i use? It rly doesnt look uber like on pics
Quote from e2mustang :I drove the e30 and it just doesnt turn.

We've heard that before when people test drive LFS (or whatever sim) for the first time.
To be honest, the graphics aren't as good as they can be, which is mostly down to the typical game-glossiness...

As much as it pains me to say it, GT6 has it bang on... Resizing may have helped, but there was more than a few screenshots where it literally took seeing it three times to realize it wasn't a photo...
Of course it wasn't surprise that GT6 (and GT5) has amazing graphics. Still AC graphics are more than enough for me. For me the physics are the most important thing.
The GT guys really, really know how to tweak lighting and colour.

Maybe we should send more devs to photographing and painting classes?
AC has potential to look great and equal/better to GT6, but only if the HDR system will be given some love so it's less performance hungry and its brightness settings are tweaked. Now it's sometimes way too dark and sometimes blindingly bright with HDR/motion blur on.

The reflections also beg for some supersampling, otherwise there's always some horrific aliasing going on.
Early Access 0.4 is available now

Quote :Early Access 0.4 : Changelog

- New car BMW M3 E30 Group A
- New car BMW Z4 GT3
- New car Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione
- New car Ferrari F40
- New track Autodromo di Monza
- New bonus track Drag race 1000m and 400m
- Upgrade Ferrari 458 S3
- Upgrade Ferrari F40 S3
- Modifications on fuel consume of cars with turbo engines
- Modifications on the engine rev limiter of BMW M3 E92 Drift
- Modifications on Tatuus FA01 setup packer range
- New Special Events Mode with medals and achievements implemented
- Shared memory struct updated
- Drag Race mode implemented
- Camera on board :: resets far plane
- Replay :: fixed leaderboard app in replay mode
- Fixed triple screen change gear animations going too fast
- Improved all change gear animations
- Screen capture (F8) allows to select screenshot between PNG,JPG,BMP
- Time Attack checkpoints hidden in replays
- Mouse steering implemented
- Fixed Triple Screen in Track cameras (F3)
- Fixed large replay loading
- Camera Random (F2) improvements
- Fixed Tyre Tester app in replay mode

http://steamcommunity.com/game ... etail/1461714574324016779
I literally couldn't stop driving the F40. I didn't even try another new cars yet......
I just tried (/bought) it. 26 Euro's is a nice price.

Now waiting on the announcement they going to give on the 24th
Little help guys, my wheel shakes pretty annoyingly while standing still, like i'm going through gravel.. I've did the setup wizard, fine tuned the controls and all that.. And throttle/brake seem to be inverted, or they don't react at all sometimes..
Quote from CardsetCrazy :Of course it wasn't surprise that GT6 (and GT5) has amazing graphics.

LOL wut? Have you played GT6? The graphics are ass. They're worse than GT5. Aliasing everywhere, tearing everywhere, and constant frame drops during cockpit view. They're putrid.
Hey guys, just got AC a few days ago and really struggling with FPS stutter. It's fine for about a minute then just goes doolally and totally unplayable. I know it's not PC temperature or CPU/GPU overloading. Any ideas chaps?
Quote from isamu :LOL wut? Have you played GT6? The graphics are ass. They're worse than GT5. Aliasing everywhere, tearing everywhere, and constant frame drops during cockpit view. They're putrid.

The HDR tweaking and general art touch are great on GT5/6.

Aliasing, tearing and frame drops are performance bounded issues. Since we are comparing something running on ancient hardware with a new PC game, comparing performance-related issues isn't really fair.
I felt the stock f40 to be undriveable. No brakes, no grip, no turn in, oversteer on exit no matter what you do. f40 step 3 was a better experience. 599 feels awesome. Z4 feels ok, but quite numb

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG