The online racing simulator
Part of the problem is that it assumes you have no interest in anything except the center of the screen, like you're aiming a camera (which you basically are) and it's automatically metering. The consequence of that is that if you're looking at something bright, and the car is pointed at something dark, you are blinded when you shouldn't be.
This is what i'm getting at, you often get blinded in real life and can barely see anything.. it's not 100% at replicating that, but it's pretty darn close..

Now you are comparing a human eye to a camera objective? That's being wise there.
If you're making comparisons with videos, then I can't argue, you're right, they're "quite" close to one another (although the differences in lighting are just as obvious as the similarities if you're being picky). The fact that neither of those images is an accurate depiction of what the driver would actually be seeing seems less relevant to you than it is to me.
Maybe I was wrong about how the metering is done, though, the image you've posted is classic poor onboard camera setup for lower light levels.
@ kristi

So you never had to flip the sun visor in your car ever? This guy did it for the camera lens?
What the hell are we talking about here... enough.. i regret bringing up the subject in the first place

@ sinbad

Camera or the eye, you get blinded, you see the dirt with your eyes, tarmac is bright and you have to put down the sun visor in those occasions. I don't know how else would the game replicate that other then this.
"Blinded", yes, but I think 50% of commuters would not make it home each day if the road was for some reason bathed in a white all-enveloping glow on a nice summer's afternoon. The road surface there is like the very worst of wet-road reflection with the sun almost on the horizon, which is bright, but your eyes adjust even to that.

Yet another reason why the e30 grpA and DTM needs the sun-strip in any case
Quote from sinbad :"Blinded", yes, but I think 50% of commuters would not make it home each day if the road was for some reason bathed in a white all-enveloping glow on a nice summer's afternoon

Because they have.. tinted glass, most of the cars? I honestly don't see a thing in my Golf MKII with a regular windshield when the sun is pointed directly at me, almost impossible to drive without the sun visor. Let's just stop though..
While the ultimate goal is to simulate human driving experience, in practise comparing rendered image to camera image is much easier than comparing to human perception, which is hard to quantify and transfer digitally. Using videos and pictures as reference seems to be reasonable.

Digital camera and video cams have terrible dynamic range by biological eye standard.
Finally I finished a lap around Nords without crashing. Lots of mistakes, default set with longer gears and hard tyres. Almost spun 2 times, there's still room to improve. I still don't know the 2nd half of the track well.

Here's the lap. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAMtjWzJ0oo
Nords: it's long enough that simers only remember the begin part of it.
Pfft. It's easy to remember the bit after the mini Karussell
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Finally I finished a lap around Nords without crashing. Lots of mistakes, default set with longer gears and hard tyres. Almost spun 2 times, there's still room to improve. I still don't know the 2nd half of the track well.

Here's the lap. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAMtjWzJ0oo

Terrible lap, terrible driver!
Was driving Nords earlier today,got just 7:36 with McLaren GT3,while other dude in server did a 6:56 with Z4 GT3 in his last lap from 4. It was some Stuart Whitehead I believe,is known driver?
I still have little clue about track after Karusell,the 300+laps 6-7 years ago in GT4 don't help me either as the track looks quite different here.
Quote from Eclipsed :..It was some Stuart Whitehead I believe,is known driver?

Attached images
moose.jpg
Quote from Eclipsed :other dude in server did a 6:56 with Z4 GT3 in his last lap from 4. It was some Stuart Whitehead I believe,is known driver?

Oh,not active in LFS,so unknown for me.
We really need a friendslist for this online business, I would love to drive a bit more with people I know, right now it's either the #lfs irc or randoms.

Kunos fix it!

edit: 6:54, if we're already throwing times around, was up a second already a few times just keep screwing it.
7:01. Getting there.
about 9 minutes here. so much lag,much crashes,such wow
6:55 with Z4 GT3
Now testing the Mac
Should have been my fastest yet, think I lose too much time before Brünnchen and at Hatzenbach (didn't drive all the GT3s much yet). Barely got under 9 minutes with the Stage 3 F40 (that lag tho)

Attached images
Zwischenablage02.jpg
Quote from ACCAkut :Should have been my fastest yet, think I lose too much time before Brünnchen and at Hatzenbach (didn't drive all the GT3s much yet). Barely got under 9 minutes with the Stage 3 F40 (that lag tho)

did this today on wealthysoup's server
well thanks for rubbing it into my face I know I'm slow, have like 25 hours in AC so far

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG