The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :Whats with the edit?

I attempted to talk nonsense. It was something about diff locking
They still havent fixed the fact that you can honk from the single seaters.
Quote from EliteAti :They still havent fixed the fact that you can honk from the single seaters.

NotABug
Quote from kars19 :Biggest surprise is d1 upgrade for e30m3:dunce::twirl::ambulance:guitarist:revs: :bounce8:

I didn't try the car yet, just readed the specs

It's nice, drifters will feel like they're in heaven.
Quote from JackDaMaster :12C is glorious. They seem to have got the electronic diff working well in game.

Have to disagree there. The 'open' diff feels really bad for me in high speed sections (e.g. the Beckets/Maggots complex at Silverstone or down the hill towards Aqua Minerale at Imola). Also the initial turn-in on the 12C feels so clumsy compared to the 458, which is much more precise. The gearchange times on the 12C (especially the downshift!) are very slow compared to the 458. I assume that's based on data McLaren have supplied the dev team with, though. The power delivery on the 12C also feels very peaky compared to the 458, especially out of slow corners. Yes, I appreciate that the 12C has twin turbos and the 458 is NA, but I'd be surprised if the real car was as brutal as this.

Driving the 12C and the 458 back to back it's difficult to find any category where the 12C is better...
Quote from amp88 :
Driving the 12C and the 458 back to back it's difficult to find any category where the 12C is better...

The category labelled "FUN TO DRIVE"

Took me a while to get in tune with the car, but now I'm getting there it feels much, much nicer to drive than the 458.

(and it puts to bed the "too much grip" in AC argument )
Quote from Töki (HUN) :It's nice, drifters will feel like they're in heaven.

Agree

s54b32 engine
6sex gang manual
welded diff
fully adjustable coilovers
fatter ARB's
55' degree rack
lighter weight 1150kg

e92m3 now feels boring 3 gear 'power over' is no longer a problem May be next patch will add d2 upgrade with s62b50 engine, and later d3 with LS7, so we can do 5' and 6' gear power oversteer
I want to play.
Anybody have good base settings for the Fanatec 911 GT2 (or a similar wheel)?
(must not buy an other wheel in this country,must not buy an other wheel in this country,must not buy an other wheel in this country...)
Yezz, lot's of fun in the E30!
Quote from amp88 :Have to disagree there. The 'open' diff feels really bad for me in high speed sections (e.g. the Beckets/Maggots complex at Silverstone or down the hill towards Aqua Minerale at Imola). Also the initial turn-in on the 12C feels so clumsy compared to the 458, which is much more precise. The gearchange times on the 12C (especially the downshift!) are very slow compared to the 458. I assume that's based on data McLaren have supplied the dev team with, though. The power delivery on the 12C also feels very peaky compared to the 458, especially out of slow corners. Yes, I appreciate that the 12C has twin turbos and the 458 is NA, but I'd be surprised if the real car was as brutal as this.

12C is most definately faster than the 458 though I think.
I actually own an e30. Absolutly love it. I've been reading about this game on steam. Is it worth a punt?

I don't want no ISI false sim. I want something that I can take as a spiritual succesor to LFS.

Is this that one?

I am sorely tempted.
The Evora is spot on too. I've been in one on track with a friend of mine, and according to him it's spot on in every respect. It feels and drives just like it felt as a passenger, and sounds pretty much right as well. It's my favourite car so far.
Quote from Funnybear :I actually own an e30. Absolutly love it. I've been reading about this game on steam. Is it worth a punt?

I don't want no ISI false sim. I want something that I can take as a spiritual succesor to LFS.

Is this that one?

I am sorely tempted.

the E30 in drift mode is fantastic fun!
Quote from Funnybear :I actually own an e30. Absolutly love it. I've been reading about this game on steam. Is it worth a punt?

Is this that one?

I am sorely tempted.

If you own a netkar license you should still be able to try the pre alpha with one car and one track. There will always be people who like this and don't like that so I think the only thing you can do is try yourself or take the plunge. In my opinion the 35 Euro are certainly money well spent (at least so far, no multi player yet). There is mostly UI stuff I don't like, I guess we're spoiled with LFS where everything is so straight forward to set up but the actual driving bit I can't get enough of.
Quote from BlueFlame :12C is most definately faster than the 458 though I think.

No doubt. I did a 53.8 at Imola in the 12C in my first 5 laps. I reckon I'll go at least a second a lap quicker in the Mclaren compared to the Ferrari
Quote from The Moose :No doubt. I did a 53.8 at Imola in the 12C in my first 5 laps. I reckon I'll go at least a second a lap quicker in the Mclaren compared to the Ferrari

It's two seconds quicker for me around Magione, which I'm using as an out and out handling circuit.
Got to level 45 on first try, going for Level 100 drift on sunday :P
Quote from atledreier :The Evora is spot on too. I've been in one on track with a friend of mine, and according to him it's spot on in every respect. It feels and drives just like it felt as a passenger, and sounds pretty much right as well. It's my favourite car so far.

Yeah I liked the Evora, it felt, for want of a better expression: substantial, and probably it doesn't do it justice to be giving it only a quick go after the Mclaren, but I can see myself driving the Evora quite a bit.

MP4 has some slightly odd FFB vibration - I thought the bloody "skid effect" had reverted back to "on", but no.

Nice patch, the drift M3 is funny, and Silverstone-proper is much better, shorter configs are a bit pointless sometimes, but saying that the Vallelunga short config could become the new Fern Bay Club, it's a good little track.

Also, check your .cfg files. I had the input lag back and then remembered about the pre-rendered frames thing which seemed to do the trick.
Quote from Funnybear :

Is this that one?

I am sorely tempted.

We've all been waiting for that, and IMO this is exactly what it is.

When I first tried it the first thing that went through my head was "hm, this feels a lot like LFS in many respects - just more "solid".

The more I drive it (I've only had about 5 or 6 hours on track due to life) the more I realize how much depth there is, more than I even thought initially.
The d1 spec e30m3 is god not just for drifting, I did some comparison laps w/e92m3 @ Imola, changed the setup a bit, semi slicks and 29/31 tyre pressure. Its awesome to drive very natural handling, posted ~the same time as e92m3, 2:03:3x

Also the Z4 got s1 upgrade, must try that in a minute

Is this that one?

I am sorely tempted.

Yes.

IRacing, rfactor, gtr, netkar , LFS - all a little bit poo in comparison. Harsh, but true ( although netkar and LFS remain the closest rivals to it).
So...
Attached images
spacestationmclaren.png

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG