The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
Can we please just work together to make sure Alfa doesn't win? Even if you really aren't a fan of Aston Martin, Audi, or Nissan (the next highest three), they have more potential for a multitude of licensed cars over Alfa.
Quote from PMD9409 :Can we please just work together to make sure Alfa doesn't win? Even if you really aren't a fan of Aston Martin, Audi, or Nissan (the next highest three), they have more potential for a multitude of licensed cars over Alfa.

This!
The ETCC 156, mmm.
One car.. That's it?

So many other options with a wide range of cars, and you want that ONE decent car?
Back to Porsches - they made an acceptable but massively flawed car 50 years ago, with the main achievement being relative affordability for x performance. And in the stereotypical German manner, they have diligently worked hard at improving the car, or at least reducing the fact that it's a shit way to build a car in the first place.

Normally, the Germans do manage to engineer character and 'fun' out of cars pretty well, but the Porsche was such a flawed concept they've merely been able to make it "nearly as good as most other cars", and so it retains a certain amount of character which (I admit) most modern cars lack.

That doesn't mean the layout was a moment of inspiration or genius. It doesn't mean it's the best car ever. Popularity doesn't equal brilliance.

I'm for a good simulation of an Porsche, but there are so many better cars that would be more fun in a simulator first.
Quote from atledreier :One car.. That's it?

I didn't vote for Alfa, but it's the first car I think of whenever Alfa is mentioned. High downforce racing cars interest me even less than classic Alfas..
^Tristan lol.

edit: They posted this on their Facebook page:

Bought AC last night to see what all the fuss is about
Quote from atledreier :One car.. That's it?...

Well I am not voting for Alfa and it is not very high in my list either, but it is true that they have a vast amount of cool cars they built in the past. Keep in mind AC is an Italian team therefore they have a lot of Italian fanboys, and most Italian population got stuck in the 80's, they still think they live there, so they vote for Alfa.
Not really, Italian's automaticly will prefer Italian cars over any other. You can see it pretty good around here. Allot of Italians live around here and prefer to drive with Alfa's, Fiat etc... Although they're shit cars they still prefer their Italian make over any other...
Quote from PMD9409 :Can we please just work together to make sure Alfa doesn't win? Even if you really aren't a fan of Aston Martin, Audi, or Nissan (the next highest three), they have more potential for a multitude of licensed cars over Alfa.

Alfa made some awesome sportscars. All variants of the Tipo 33 are awesome and I would kill to have them in AC. Don't forget the all the F1 cars they made as well, especially the late 70's and early 80's ones.

Also if by voting in Alfa, we get a 4C, I'm all for it.
Quote from Scrabby :Not really, Italian's automaticly will prefer Italian cars over any other. You can see it pretty good around here. Allot of Italians live around here and prefer to drive with Alfa's, Fiat etc... Although they're shit cars they still prefer their Italian make over any other...

That's what you call loyalty. Too much passion left from the time of Mussolini and Hitler.
Any racing car made before 1993 or earlier is teh sex. Audi 90 imsa gto, imsa era corvettes, mustangs, mazdas, mercuries. Early 90s dtm and atcc racing cars like sierra rs500, group A skylines, mercs, holdens. From 60s some minis and mustangs could make an interesting pairing.

For road cars a caterham r500 should be better than perfect.
Quote from Hyperactive :Any racing car made before 1993 or earlier is teh sex. Audi 90 imsa gto, imsa era corvettes, mustangs, mazdas, mercuries. Early 90s dtm and atcc racing cars like sierra rs500, group A skylines, mercs, holdens. From 60s some minis and mustangs could make an interesting pairing.

For road cars a caterham r500 should be better than perfect.

+1thousand
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759 : Pos phone ill post when home
+1thousand
Goes in there:

..\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python

Quote from troy :Goes in there:

..\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python

Thank you.
And what about that other leaderboard app that was about to come out? Is it done yet? ^^
They have improved the lighting in the second update:

Gonna drive the shit out of the 12C
I wonder how accurately they are doing all the fancy computer stuff- variable linked dampers, brake steer etc. Kind of pointless without all that.
when is the next update out?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG