The online racing simulator
Quote from R3DMAN :Oki. Will chuck some of them on.

I know the gtc lotus, both gt3's and the p4/5 make for an excellent field.

Edit: tristan, i only use official tracks, what do you think a decent number would be? 6laps? Bearing in mind id like to try get a race every hour at least from booking to booking. Keeps people interested that way. Thats one reason i had only 3/4 laps before, so a session took approx 30 mins.

Of the tracks you were using on Saturday I'd say 6 laps would have been good, with perhaps a slight reduction in qualifying time to make up for it?
Ill have a tinker and see what i get.. It might be a case of manually doing the server restart rather than letting it do it, at least i can control the laps that way.

I think 3/4 laps at the larger tracks isnt bad, id aim for about 15 mins racing 10 qualifying and 5 booking.

Most of the "kiddies" cant do more than 2 laps without some ****up anyway lol.

Fordie; ill be home for about 5pm so expect the server to be up at 6 and ill be on till 12. Plenty of time for racing
Quote from R3DMAN :
Fordie; ill be home for about 5pm so expect the server to be up at 6 and ill be on till 12. Plenty of time for racing

Cheers mate

Fordie
putting server up now.

GT3 Race Server (no password)
Quote from R3DMAN :putting server up now.

No password....is that safe Please password it, due to the number of NFS Kiddies around

Fordie
I think its time for the ring
Update just rolled out, it's fully drivable now

nord_snoopy_0.4.1

0.4.1 changelog

-drivable grass
-road friction set to 0.97
-sand acts like grass still

edit: damn it's to good, roadcars and trackday cars just shines there, I just can't go back to original KS tracks after trying this, too much fun
lol I just got the 0.4 version 20 minutes ago, I'm too slow for this shit
With any track I install, I get the "track not found" error. Even with switching the value on "WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS". Is there any other solution that I've been missing out there?

Edit: Disregard that, after some fiddling I managed to get them running.
make sure the name of the track folder is in all lower case
Also make sure you install them to the actual steam folder, not the /my documents folder
Quote from R3DMAN :putting server up now.

I joined but the Lotus GTE is seriously underpowered and also loads of over steer, so I tried to change cars, and you cannot not when you have already booked your slot.....so I will be back

But the Lotus 7 and the Xbow are so much quick than the Lotus you selected

Fordie
yea, i was just choosing random cars.

im going to change the server name to "random combo race server"
I got booked but it says I cannot join currently, refresh the server list.
Quote from Kristi :I got booked but it says I cannot join currently, refresh the server list.

When it does this, give it approx 1 min, then click join again, if that doesn't work....do the same, just 30 sec's this time. It did it to me as well, but I got in eventually....Its this booking system crap that is holding everything else up

Fordie

PS - If you didn't know already, once you have selected your car, and Booking time as gone, you cannot log out and change your car. This is a designed that way, so if you pick the wrong car...tough....until server restarts after the race has finished

Fordie
Quote from R3DMAN :yea, i was just choosing random cars.

im going to change the server name to "random combo race server"

Seriously

I struggled to find the original one LOL Why not just call it your name?? make is easier

Fordie
OMG I just had THE race... **** you LFS. Real GT3s, real Imola, real 10 lap close racing, the guy infront of me had Mclaren GT3, I had Z4 GT3, this Z4 is faster on straights but Mclaren is faster in turns, I always catch him up on straight but he defended everytime like a pro... and behind us another Z4 in close call trying to pass me everytime I tried something on that Mclaren.

We had no ping issue, guys were fair, no lags whatsoever, no crashes. I had race like this like maybe 5 years ago.

Thank you Assetto Corsa for kicking out LFS' ass.
Do you think GTX770 is enough for 1920x1200 and maxed out setting including AF and 4x AA + 4xSGSAA for this game? Right now using GTX470 with AF x8 and 4xAA @ 1920x1200 but would love to have more FPS... CPU is not a problem.
Quote from Fordman :Seriously

I struggled to find the original one LOL Why not just call it your name?? make is easier

Fordie

"ChrisR Race Server"

ill leave it like that, just for you
Quote from Mysho :Do you think GTX770 is enough for 1920x1200 and maxed out setting including AF and 4x AA + 4xSGSAA for this game? Right now using GTX470 with AF x8 and 4xAA @ 1920x1200 but would love to have more FPS... CPU is not a problem.

I am running a 750 TI maxed out at a res of 1920x1080 and I am fixed FPS to 75...all ok here

PS Fixed the FPS to stop tearing, as advised on AC forums

Fordie
Quote from R3DMAN :"ChrisR Race Server"

ill leave it like that, just for you

Bless ya, you look after us old people

Fordie
Quote from Mysho :Do you think GTX770 is enough for 1920x1200 and maxed out setting including AF and 4x AA + 4xSGSAA for this game? Right now using GTX470 with AF x8 and 4xAA @ 1920x1200 but would love to have more FPS... CPU is not a problem.

Im running n760 twinfrozr , 2048x1152 resolution with cubemap resolution on medium and 5 faces per frame,world details very high,smoke generation normal,hdr enabled , AF 4x , AA off , 2x FAAA ,shadow resolution on medium.

Game runs all tracks in hotlap mode 130fps+
In multiplayer i have on start with full grid 65-70 fps , later its stabile 85-105.
Hope it helps you.
Thank you.

Btw. Troy - lap 5 fail But that's because bumps + hard setup = not very good combination Otherwise very nice driving, doing it almost all the time around or under 2:00... Very nice.
I'm running 50 fov, was lower but can't adjust the mirrors so I went up a little.

And no I didn't spin anywhere, thats all lies! Was good fun though, shame the first dude was a little fast and the second a little slower.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG