The online racing simulator
Quote from PhilS13 :LOL.
people here put BlueFlame's nose is his own poop twice a day and the dude keeps shitting everywhere.

Actual lol.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's design WORKS. You can't ignore the facts. A 911 is THE best car in the braking zone when comparing to other GT cars and has extremely good traction out of slower speed corners.

As we say in English - If it ain't broke. Don't fix it. - 911 is this philosophy in a physical form.

VW beetle perfection
Quote from undertaker00 :You must be the biggest idiot iv ever seen in lfs community.

How stupid and out of your mind you must be to write that shit?

All the stuff you bolded in his reply was absolutely spot on. Tristan was absolutely correct.

He also voted for Radical, which immediately make him the furthest thing from an idiot

The irony of someone who can hardly string a coherent sentence together calling someone else an idiot isn't lost on me either...
Quote from The Moose :All the stuff you bolded in his reply was absolutely spot on. Tristan was absolutely correct.

He also voted for Radical, which immediately make him the furthest thing from an idiot

Pretty much this.

I did vote Ruf though, because as some here may recall I do like Porsche's.

I don't claim they're amazing for engineering reasons related to physics, but I recon they're just plain fun.

The braking thing is quite true; since 50/50 weight distribution (or close to it) is often achieved under braking. I also do like the exit style, and they can be competitive despite their inherent flaws
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :and they can be competitive despite their inherent flaws

Every car has 'flaws' but no single model of car is as successful as the 911. FACT
Quote from BlueFlame :Every car has 'flaws' but no single model of car is as successful as the 911. FACT

If you're going to spout nonsense at least try to qualify what you're saying. How, exactly, is the 911 the most successful car in history?
Quote from amp88 :If you're going to spout nonsense at least try to qualify what you're saying. How, exactly, is the 911 the most successful car in history?

Sorry, I didn't specify - in motorsport.
Quote from BlueFlame :Sorry, I didn't specify - in motorsport.

Thanks, that's much better.

Seriously though...how exactly is it the most successful car? Is that if you include all iterations and you count all race wins equally? Wow, 911s have won every single race in the Porsche Supercup!
Every race a 911 is in that it DOESN'T win it challenges for class victory and has done ever since it was put onto a race track.

Forget single make series as clearly I'm not referring to that....
Quote from BlueFlame :Every race a 911 is in that it DOESN'T win it challenges for class victory and has done ever since it was put onto a race track.

...and that makes it the most successful car in motorsport how exactly? Also, you haven't defined whether you're counting all 911s together for this purpose.

Quote from BlueFlame :Forget single make series as clearly I'm not referring to that....

Given how poorly you stated your assertion it was impossible to know exactly what you were referring to...
Quote from amp88 :...and that makes it the most successful car in motorsport how exactly? Also, you haven't defined whether you're counting all 911s together for this purpose.

Given how poorly you stated your assertion it was impossible to know exactly what you were referring to...

#1 of course counting all 911's.

#2 Yes you most certainly did know what I was talking about. You're just being pedantic like the majority of everyone else on LFS forum likes to be.
Quote from BlueFlame :#1 of course counting all 911's.

#2 Yes you most certainly did know what I was talking about. You're just being pedantic like the majority of everyone else on LFS forum likes to be.

You want pedantry. Try joining IRC. Hyperbole is forbidden!
You people do realize the modern 911 is very different from the original flat Beetle, don't you?
I think if you haven't tried a Porsche or a Ruf on a track then you should be quiet.

If Kunos can nail (within reason) the feeling of a Porsche dancing on top of the track like they did with the Ferrari, then I fully support a Ruf.

But I voted Mazda, because I want my RX8 in the game. Plus 787b, IMSA GT cars (RX7, RX3), Grand Am RX8, the Legendary RX7 tuner cars, RX7 club racers, the original Cosmo... basically anything with a rotary would be sick.

Yes I have a problem. Let me Wankel in peace.
Quote from Keling :You people do realize the modern 911 is very different from the original flat Beetle, don't you?

Yes,it has become wider,longer,higher,more powerful and what's the saddest - more civilized. Well,just like the new beetle.
Quote from MadCat360 :If Kunos can nail (within reason) the feeling of a Porsche dancing on top of the track like they did with the Ferrari, then I fully support a Ruf.

It must have been great driving a 458 on track. Where were you?
Can we please just work together to make sure Alfa doesn't win? Even if you really aren't a fan of Aston Martin, Audi, or Nissan (the next highest three), they have more potential for a multitude of licensed cars over Alfa.
Quote from PMD9409 :Can we please just work together to make sure Alfa doesn't win? Even if you really aren't a fan of Aston Martin, Audi, or Nissan (the next highest three), they have more potential for a multitude of licensed cars over Alfa.

This!
The ETCC 156, mmm.
One car.. That's it?

So many other options with a wide range of cars, and you want that ONE decent car?
Back to Porsches - they made an acceptable but massively flawed car 50 years ago, with the main achievement being relative affordability for x performance. And in the stereotypical German manner, they have diligently worked hard at improving the car, or at least reducing the fact that it's a shit way to build a car in the first place.

Normally, the Germans do manage to engineer character and 'fun' out of cars pretty well, but the Porsche was such a flawed concept they've merely been able to make it "nearly as good as most other cars", and so it retains a certain amount of character which (I admit) most modern cars lack.

That doesn't mean the layout was a moment of inspiration or genius. It doesn't mean it's the best car ever. Popularity doesn't equal brilliance.

I'm for a good simulation of an Porsche, but there are so many better cars that would be more fun in a simulator first.
Quote from atledreier :One car.. That's it?

I didn't vote for Alfa, but it's the first car I think of whenever Alfa is mentioned. High downforce racing cars interest me even less than classic Alfas..
^Tristan lol.

edit: They posted this on their Facebook page:

Bought AC last night to see what all the fuss is about
Quote from atledreier :One car.. That's it?...

Well I am not voting for Alfa and it is not very high in my list either, but it is true that they have a vast amount of cool cars they built in the past. Keep in mind AC is an Italian team therefore they have a lot of Italian fanboys, and most Italian population got stuck in the 80's, they still think they live there, so they vote for Alfa.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG