The online racing simulator
What laptimes are you doing on M3 E92 @ Imola?

I'm consistently doing low 2.04s, and my TB is 2.03.644
Quote from The Moose :lol @ Dickie Cockpocket

It was my steam handle when I installed AC so it just stuck...
ran out of fuel, but I recon the 18's should be doable, I kept screwing the first part after my initial pb.

Edit: lol, ok the internal f8 screenshot thingy is not capturing the hud. Give me a second

edit2: fixed
Attached images
2013-11-14_00001.jpg
Just in the 20's

BTW Blueflame, you were right, that car on Magione is epic!

I tried Moose's settings, seems better but he says decrease front ride height, by how much?

Anyone got full settings?

BTW, I have setup a hotlap topic on our site if anyone wants to contribute. http://www.sonicrealmsracing.c ... orum/index.php?topic=3612

I'll try to keep it updated

Feels so damn good. 1.18 clearly possible. Don't think anything below 1.17.5 is achievable... for us normal people anyway.
I'm at a scruffy 19.26. I can't decide whether the hardest part is avoiding lock ups in the early braking phase, or the piddly little part at the end of the lap where you need more patience than I clearly have
Still on default set, screwed the last corner would've been 18 I reckon.
Attached images
2013-11-15_00001.jpg
Some nice times there chaps. I've not done any more laps there...it's a bit of a dull track in this car.

Imola is where this car really shines
Quote from The Moose :Some nice times there chaps. I've not done any more laps there...it's a bit of a dull track in this car.

Imola is where this car really shines

What lap you got at Imola?
What's taking so long for the modders to release a 'ring?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :What's taking so long for the modders to release a 'ring?

Agreed, I would take a quickly converted GPL version happily, wouldn't even mind digging out my CD for a pointless check. At some point there was some screenshots of the interface with a Tourist Ring included, so maybe it's worth waiting.

18's on Magione sounds like a great challenge. I'm suffering though with input lag and bad FPS. At the moment vsync is the best way to drive which is pretty brutal, 7850 clearly isn't pulling it's weight so I've just ordered a GTX770, solely for AC. It's depressing how much Sim Racing has cost me over the years.
-
(CheerioDM) DELETED by dekojester : offtopic, pointless
Quote from DeKo :Agreed, I would take a quickly converted GPL version happily, wouldn't even mind digging out my CD for a pointless check. At some point there was some screenshots of the interface with a Tourist Ring included, so maybe it's worth waiting.

18's on Magione sounds like a great challenge. I'm suffering though with input lag and bad FPS. At the moment vsync is the best way to drive which is pretty brutal, 7850 clearly isn't pulling it's weight so I've just ordered a GTX770, solely for AC. It's depressing how much Sim Racing has cost me over the years.

If you're getting input lag, chances are the gfx card isn't the issue.
Quote from DeKo : 7850 clearly isn't pulling it's weight

Sounds like its broken / cloaked with dust? I have a gtx460 and have 50fps min, but usually 60-70
Gtx570soc, ~150fps, mid/low setings, full hd on 24' mon., still there is some lag
Like I said, it will have nothing to do with the gfx card. It will be most probably some CPU choking.
Next update on the 22nd.

Fixes, 3 cars, 2 tracks, new features.

Really hoping the F40 is on the way

Oh man, I thought I was fast in the E92 M3
Stock setup on Semi-slicks

2:04:888.
I tried the ktm and it felt shit!

Now it has to be some setting as i cant see you lot liking it how it feels to me..

Just feels on edge all the time and im having all on keeping it in a straight line, the ffb feels propper numb, like its massivly trying to return to centre which is fine whilst stationary but should lighten up once moving, also when braking the wheel vibrates like ****.. Litterally you could stick a rubber toy on the top and my girlfriend could enjoy using the wheel aswell..
You've either got some settings wrong on your wheel or PC, or you don't know what a good car feels like. Or you've found a bug (not 100% unlikely, but I doubt it).

Double, triple and quadruple check your control settings. Compare them with some suggestions in the AC forum. Then you'll have a blast.
Quote from chris_uk :also when braking the wheel vibrates like **** Litterally you could stick a rubber toy on the top and my girlfriend could enjoy using the wheel aswell..

Video or it didn't happen.
Quote from chris_uk :I tried the ktm and it felt shit!

Now it has to be some setting as i cant see you lot liking it how it feels to me..

Just feels on edge all the time and im having all on keeping it in a straight line, the ffb feels propper numb, like its massivly trying to return to centre which is fine whilst stationary but should lighten up once moving, also when braking the wheel vibrates like ****.. Litterally you could stick a rubber toy on the top and my girlfriend could enjoy using the wheel aswell..

I don't even know how to respond to this, I can only imagine you're trolling as this is the complete opposite of how it feels to drive. If there's one thing that people on AC agree on, it's that the KTM is one, if not THE best car on it.
Blueflame, I have a 4670K overclocked to 4.2, the CPU is not the issue. The graphics card isn't clogged with dust, nothing is clogged with dust, my PC has a window and I can't bare to see it, it gets cleaned near enough weekly. The PC performs admirably in everything, so yes, it is AC's problem, and I'm far from the only person to think it feels laggy.

The 7850 might not be the whole issue either, but more GPU grunt cannot hurt. if I turn down the settings and get 130 - 150 FPS, it's still jumpy, juddery and far away from smooth, it cannot maintain a steady framerate. With Vsync on it's smooth at 60fps, but it just feels a little bit laggy. Maybe I'm more sensitive to it, I don't know. I have to run with wheel/arms locked otherwise it throws me off completely with the slight delay. As Kars says, even with high framerates there is still lag, it might only be visual and not input, but it still ****s me up. There are plenty of people saying that it feels a lot smoother and FFB feels better at 200fps+. Personally, this is a very good excuse for me to get rid of this card, it was basically a stop-gap for £150 at the time just to keep me going, now it's time to go back to the green side. For me, having to turn everything down to get it to act smoothly means the card isn't pulling it's weight. I can't imagine playing this game at 50fps.

One thing iR has going for it, is that at 124fps locked it's silky smooth with absolutely no lag to speak of, AC has a long way to go to feel as smooth.

Also Blueflame, stop speaking with some self applied authority about something which you have no idea, it makes you look like a ****ing idiot, although you basically passed that point a long time ago.
Quote from Scrabby :Oh man, I thought I was fast in the E92 M3
Stock setup on Semi-slicks

2:04:888.

I pulled off a 2.03.492 on that combo. :P

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG