The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Bmxtwins :and that is why we don't have little kiddo ddos wars in iRacing either.

Paying for hosted sessions != a reason for no DDoSing. iRacing could be easily DDoSed if someone cared enough to, I'm dead sure of it.
Quote from Bmxtwins :and that is why we don't have little kiddo ddos wars in iRacing either.

Well, you brought up the DDoS, and you're a little kiddo.

Mr. Dinglebury is a DDoS'er.

Can you just bite your fingers or something instead of replying to him, understand that posting to him is as pointless as he is.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :understand that posting to him is as pointless as he is.

That would mean that posting to me is of utmost importance. The pinnacle of forum replies. Everyone clamouring to be the first reply to my every bated breath. T-Shirts being sold with my famous slogans like "Friends don't let friend iRent".

Saturday Night Live would contact me to be their guest writer for a whole season!

I would be on Letterman, Jay Leno, and even be on Dancing with the Stars.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Can you just bite your fingers or something instead of replying to him, understand that posting to him is as pointless as he is.

Quote from dekojester :iRacing could be easily DDoSed if someone cared enough to, I'm dead sure of it.

They don't need it, they've been known to just crash on their own.
Quote from PMD9409 :They don't need it, they've been known to just crash on their own.

lol
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Can you just bite your fingers or something instead of replying to him, understand that posting to him is as pointless as he is.

it just adds a little excitement to this forum atleast
None of us would probably be talking about iRacing if updates on LFS had carried on. I know I wouldn't have.

Still, looking forward to the RuF!

While here also, hats off to the INEX team for dominating the STC... brilliant team effort.
Ty Andy, I bet we will see a whole different Radicals for the Black cup, and interesting with Redline joining the fun! Maybe if we close our eyes and wish hard enough, we will have swaps by the time that starts
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :can somebody paste the last update details from the forums?

From 5th June
Quote :A small update has been applied today for the simulation.

- Includes setups for the various cars expected to run at Kansas.

- Includes a longer top gear in the oval gear set for the Star Mazda so at this week's track the car won't hit the rev limiter in the draft.

- Fixed a bug that could cause crashes in if too many of certain cars were loaded, overflowing the available physics memory footprint.

- Fixed a bug where the pit boxes would be facing the wrong way in pit lanes where the pit stalls are between the pit lane and the race track, such as at the Kansas infield road course.

Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Ty Andy, I bet we will see a whole different Radicals for the Black cup, and interesting with Redline joining the fun! Maybe if we close our eyes and wish hard enough, we will have swaps by the time that starts

WoW, isn't it a bit sub standard for the supposed most successful virtual racing team?
Quote from StableX :WoW, isn't it a bit sub standard for the supposed most successful virtual racing team?

Hehe yeah it was a bit of shocking for me aswell There is nothing official of it yet but I really can't see no other reason for them to join the SRT community, sure McLaren is the best car to drive atm and a rSeat is always a rSeat
Any promo codes for re-subscribing members?
Quote from mcintyrej :Any promo codes for re-subscribing members?

they tend to be a couple of times a year like Black Friday. I'll have a look.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Woop, getting there!

TonyG:

Its just the panel, joke, or they are really planing to do this?
they will put rain in iRacing in about 5 years IMO.

I bought 27´´ PLS monitor 2560x1440 and OCd it to 100Hz and iRacing is now much smoother, but I cant say that I'm faster...
You overclocked your screen?
Quote from Bose321 :You overclocked your screen?

I OCd my monitor, with help from GPU, of course...
Quote from Klouczech :Its just the panel, joke, or they are really planing to do this?
they will put rain in iRacing in about 5 years IMO.

I bought 27´´ PLS monitor 2560x1440 and OCd it to 100Hz and iRacing is now much smoother, but I cant say that I'm faster...

Tony said he would let us know soon if it comes out in the next build or not, I don't think it will but would be great ofcourse if it did, they have many projects ongoing so take it with a pinch of salt.
Driver swaps are supposed to be in the next build from Q2 2011... I wouldn't hold my breath...
Quote from atledreier :Driver swaps are supposed to be in the next build from Q2 2011... I wouldn't hold my breath...

zing!
The wierd thing with that is though, I don't understand why that takes this long when they made the crew chief/spotter thing in just a few months which grants you (when typing the drivers password) control of a drivers fuel, tires etc when spectating... /tinfoil hat off
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :The wierd thing with that is though, I don't understand why that takes this long when they made the crew chief/spotter thing in just a few months which grants you (when typing the drivers password) control of a drivers fuel, tires etc when spectating... /tinfoil hat off

Well you don't know how long it took them to do the spotter thing, all you can know as a customer is how long it was between announcement and release. They could have been working on it from day 1, who knows.
And you don't know if they already were working on it before they released the announcement, we can only speculate, pointless.
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG