The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
dat handwriting...
Quote from logitekg25 :dat handwriting...

mine doesnt look much better...
thank god for emails and instant messengers
Quote from Klutch :For bikes, yes...

Not quite. A bike approaching at high speed is impossible to hear in an open area. It's only possible to hear a a bike if there are houses or something else to reflect the sound, or the bikes rear is facing you (this means the bike has already overtook you). Of course slight chance of surviving is better than no chance.
3-piece speedlines have arrived...
245€

Quote from Scrabby :3-piece speedlines have arrived...

:bananalla, but the dogs are not impressed..
Quote from KiRmelius :Not quite. A bike approaching at high speed is impossible to hear in an open area. It's only possible to hear a a bike if there are houses or something else to reflect the sound, or the bikes rear is facing you (this means the bike has already overtook you). Of course slight chance of surviving is better than no chance.

Uhh...I can always hear bikes coming up behind me before i even see them if they have an exhaust.

Maybe you're just deaf?
Quote from Klutch :Uhh...I can always hear bikes coming up behind me before i even see them if they have an exhaust.

Maybe you're just deaf?

For awhile, my first car/first MX-3, had an exhaust that made it's lil 1.8 V6 scream just like a street bike with with pipes.. can I get in on this conversation? (jk) :bannana_g(you could hear that beyotch anywhere tho! )
Quote from Klutch :Uhh...I can always hear bikes coming up behind me before i even see them if they have an exhaust.

Maybe you're just deaf?

If it is so dangerous to be on two wheels then why do it?
...Because people enjoy it...?

everything we do in life is dangerous to some extent, and i don't know too many riders that havent had a close call due to a ****wit not paying attention.
Quote from CheerioDM :If it is so dangerous to be on two wheels then why do it?

I bet you are a 400kg dude who cannot get out of his room, and gets fed by a tube...

Or just a die hard troll.
Quote from Klutch :...Because people enjoy it...?

everything we do in life is dangerous to some extent, and i don't know too many riders that havent had a close call due to a ****wit not paying attention.

Do they also talk about the close calls due to the ****wit on the bike itself?

Every summer the news is filled with, again higher rates of dead bikers.
And since like 8 out of 10 bikers you see on the street are speeding, wreckless overtaking and general ****ing around I'm not surprised.
Reality distortion field. Googal it. Possibru to drive bike.
Quote :A bike approaching at high speed is impossible to hear in an open area

Bikes go quick in your place, that's close to the sound barrier :P
Quote :Every summer the news is filled with, again higher rates of dead bikers.

Yep, plenty of these ****wits around every year, was really bad in the late 90's when there was a born again biker craze. I kind of blame car safety (and this overly safety conscious world in general) for it, folks are getting blind to danger. A car travelling at 40mph has about as much force as an artillery shell on impact yet the driver can walk away without a scratch. On a bike you pay attention and see the potential hazards or you die, folks get on them feeling immortal and able to Pown everyone on the road....

Was talking about car exhausts too btw, closest I've come to being run over as a pedestrian was with an electric car. My fault for not paying attention but still, the poxy thing should have had clicky bits of plastic on the wheels or something.
Quote from stan.distortion :...My fault for not paying attention but still, the poxy thing should have had clicky bits of plastic on the wheels or something.

LOL.. I know exactly what you mean!

Maybe you're just deaf?

My cousin has killed a man while riding a bike with loud pipe. The old guy was riding a bicycle and crossing a road, didn't hear the approaching bike, and jumped in front of the motorbike. Loud pipe didn't save his life. In rural area there's nothing to reflect the sound, so it's only possible to hear a bike from behind.

I mean bikes are great, I ride a bike too, but while riding you must rely on your head and senses, and not on your exhaust pipe. Of course it's safer with a loud pipe, but it doesn't guarantee 100% safety.
Where did i say that a loud exhaust on a bike was a gurenteed 100% sure way to not get splattered all over the road by some moron not paying attention?
Klutch, you've got to be amongst the greatest morons that have ever been alowed to drive a car. I hope you and your friends get your licenses revoked before you kill somebody.
do you see any other cars around?
no?

then the only people we're going to hurt is ourselves, it was in an industrial area on a saturday afternoon...barely anyone travels through here

HATERS GONNA HATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuQ74G-AUbw
Don't really see anything dangerous with what he's doing there, speeds are low and there aren't really any hazards, a high speed kid on a bicycle shooting out of a driveway is a possibility but even then there's enough visibility to avoid at those speeds even if it means knackering a rim.

Wish cop's where more tolerant of this kind of stuff (though not in even semi residential areas like that), folks sliding around industrial estates on a Sunday would be a lot less dangerous than all the drivers on the road atm that don't have a clue what to do when they get into a slide and panic or stand on the brakes.
they're just mad.
Quote from Klutch :...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuQ74G-AUbw

...and thus we have the mindset of the urban drifter. :dunce: (no comment on the other videos )

Quote from KiRmelius :...The old guy was riding a bicycle and crossing a road, didn't hear the approaching bike, and jumped in front of the motorbike... In rural area there's nothing to reflect the sound, so it's only possible to hear a bike from behind...

As for all this talk of bikes & pipes, no disrespect meant, but my home population's 1400 with no lights and tonnes of plant life. The closest "city" is also 45 miles away, (having a population of roughly 17,000), and I've got a love for the local 1.5 lane back roads. (so I've spent plenty of time far and away from concrete & buildings) I've also had friends who've owned various types of bikes. I can't think of any instance where they couldn't be heard before seen, from any direction and no matter the exhaust. You said the man on the bicycle was old, which I'd assume played more into the unfortunate situation than anything.
Quote from Klutch :Where did i say that a loud exhaust on a bike was a gurenteed 100% sure way to not get splattered all over the road by some moron not paying attention?

its not what you say but how you say it.

if i'd a penny for every cocky biker i've had undertake me then shake their fist as i refuse to move or be bullied... i'd be a rich man.
Quote from Tinytacohead :...and thus we have the mindset of the urban drifter. :dunce: (no comment on the other videos )

As for all this talk of bikes & pipes, no disrespect meant, but my home population's 1400 with no lights and tonnes of plant life. The closest "city" is also 45 miles away, (having a population of roughly 17,000), and I've got a love for the local 1.5 lane back roads. (so I've spent plenty of time far and away from concrete & buildings) I've also had friends who've owned various types of bikes. I can't think of any instance where they couldn't be heard before seen, from any direction and no matter the exhaust. You said the man on the bicycle was old, which I'd assume played more into the unfortunate situation than anything.

The age of the cyclist was definately relevant. But I've personally been in numerous sitations, when I noticed the biker only when he has already passed me. I always double check my mirrors for bikers before maneouvring. I just wanted to say, that driver must alway be careful and you can't rely only on sound.

I'll just post another picture of my crappy car to end this rant right now.
Attached images
IMGP0631.JPG
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG