The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
My brother (Kelvjy) took a few pics of my car now it is working.. well major misfire

Quote from Klutch :...Because people enjoy it...?

everything we do in life is dangerous to some extent, and i don't know too many riders that havent had a close call due to a ****wit not paying attention.

If you could only see some of the footage my dashcam captures.
Quote from el pibe :actually, now that i think about it... its not worth it. not on this car.

side note: first complaint about my exaust in 6months...

Is that Canadian Speak? I've tried to understand what she is saying for about 30 minutes and all I can gather is: "Please make us a gift ay year each a muffler. Noise is pollution.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Is that Canadian Speak? I've tried to understand what she is saying for about 30 minutes and all I can gather is: "Please make us a gift ay year each a muffler. Noise is pollution.

what im getting (took a few minutes myself )

"make us a gift, buy your car a "muffler", noise is pollution"
-
(matijapkc) DELETED by matijapkc
Almost there... Getting a little exited.

Looking good!! What you aiming to get out of it?
(my cosworth 24v is still being extracted from the granada at the moment )
300+ bhp, altho for this summer 250 should be fine, for next summer I'm going to put bigger injectors and intercooler and stuff like that so should be 300+ easily if I just dare to boost it enough.

Hopefully your Capri will be on road with the BOA soon, should be very lovely combination.
crashed the arosa on friday coming back from alton towers. a low stiff car on skinny tyres + standing water and diesel patches isn't good news. hit a kerb and cracked my sump and subframe, bent a wishbone and snapped an engine mount
with a huffer that size i'd be a bit dissapointed at only 300...

what size engine?(I know ****all about anything not japanese)
Looks like a 2.0 pinto Might be wrong, don't know much about fords
The turbo looks actually quite much bigger in pictures than IRL. It's a Garrett (well a chinese made copy) T34 with .48 ex housing, so 350 bhp is probably a maximum for it. Some people claim close to 400 bhp with it but I'm sceptical about those numbers and even if they would be true I guess the life time of the turbo would be very much compromised.

And yes it's a 2.0 Pinto. Cossie bottom end + Pinto head.
Managed to solve to problems for the price of one. I had noticed a lot of oil collecting on the engine (looked like a serious leak was developing), some hunting around I found it was coming from the inlet, taking off the pipe connecting the intercooler to the inlet I noticed under it there was clear signs of oil running down it. Turns out a jubilee clip hadn't been tightened correctly. Tightening it up and the oil leak stopped but more importantly a boost leak I hadn't noticed was resolved.

The difference now when I get on the boost though. Holy hell, how had I not noticed this sooner? I guess I just assumed with it being a huge truck it was naturally slow. But bloody hell, I like having more whack. Sure she is still slow, but no where near as slow as she was.

Quote from Derv94 :crashed the arosa on friday coming back from alton towers. a low stiff car on skinny tyres + standing water and diesel patches isn't good news. hit a kerb and cracked my sump and subframe, bent a wishbone and snapped an engine mount

Tish, youths today, don't seem to understand how to drive for the conditions, not the speed limit.
Quote from Derv94 :...a low stiff car on skinny tyres + standing water and diesel patches isn't good news. hit a kerb and cracked my sump and subframe, bent a wishbone and snapped an engine mount

Sorry to hear it, though many times skinny tires are the ticket for some weather related driving situations, including standing water, (as they tend to cut through water much better than a wider tire, which will more often want to hydroplane sooner) "Low & stiff" makes one ponder on suspension setup though, as if wrong, will often cause a car to suddenly lose control in just such a situation, (as I eluded to in a previous, somewhat related conversation) That and speed of course. In any event, you made it, which is the important thing. Maybe a little morbid but, got any before and/or after pics?
I fitted a new intercooler as my old one looked like it was leaking badly.

Having removed the old one I actually don't think there was anything wrong with it at all, and when I put it back together I didn't do one of the hoses up properly as I now appear to have a boost leak and my car is dog slow (50 MPH + 5th gear + full throttle = no acceleration at all). Ooops...

I also still haven't got round to getting my bumper painted (stupid full time work), so my car still looks like shit. If anyone knows a decent (cheap!) bodyshop in Suffolk, let me know...
Quote from Jakg :I fitted a new intercooler as my old one looked like it was leaking badly.

Having removed the old one I actually don't think there was anything wrong with it at all, and when I put it back together I didn't do one of the hoses up properly as I now appear to have a boost leak and my car is dog slow (50 MPH + 5th gear + full throttle = no acceleration at all). Ooops...

I also still haven't got round to getting my bumper painted (stupid full time work), so my car still looks like shit. If anyone knows a decent (cheap!) bodyshop in Suffolk, let me know...

The joys of modern diesels, off boost they are useless. I've been in a Focus derv with a blown turbo and it struggled to crack 20mph. After sticking on the new turbo it made so much difference. But at the same time I've driven a 2.4TD Hilux with a turbo that wouldn't spool and it drove like a 2.4D Hilux.
The best Diesels are German ones, Ford Diesel is a double exception because one the one hand they make absolute shit diesel motors such that is in the Ford Transit, but on the other hand they make a fantastic 1.8tdi which has about 130-140bhp and goes like stink.
Quote from BlueFlame :The best Diesels are German ones, Ford Diesel is a double exception because one the one hand they make absolute shit diesel motors such that is in the Ford Transit, but on the other hand they make a fantastic 1.8tdi which has about 130-140bhp and goes like stink.

generally yes, the older diesels are slow but somewhat reliable... the newer ones with dual mass flywheels... avoid like the plauge... unless you have a MWB and 2-300 kg in the back...

" when the crossing's empty; give her plenty ! "
Gotta love those diesels. Just got done with a tune and wastegate mods on my truck. Put it in second gear at a roll and brake boost results in a lot of smoke from the back tires
Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!
The vehicle I currently drive the most is 1992 MB100d with 2.4 N/A diesel and 75horsepower. When it hits 110km/h it makes sound of a WW1 airplane. Wrooom.
Quote from KiRmelius :The vehicle I currently drive the most is 1992 MB100d with 2.4 N/A diesel and 75horsepower. When it hits 110km/h it makes sound of a WW1 airplane. Wrooom.

Don't matter if it's a "smart" car, we all wanna see PICS!!
Quote from Tinytacohead :Don't matter if it's a "smart" car, we all wanna see PICS!!

It's my fathers car. I drive it more than him, but still.

Can't you just google it?
Quote from KiRmelius :The vehicle I currently drive the most is 1992 MB100d with 2.4 N/A diesel and 75horsepower. When it hits 110km/h it makes sound of a WW1 airplane. Wrooom.

If it can't do this, it isn't cool...
Quote from KiRmelius :It's my fathers car...

Yea, anybody can google anything, and it's not the same. Seeing as it's not your car though..... :chairs:
Quote from Tinytacohead :Sorry to hear it, though many times skinny tires are the ticket for some weather related driving situations, including standing water, (as they tend to cut through water much better than a wider tire, which will more often want to hydroplane sooner) "Low & stiff" makes one ponder on suspension setup though, as if wrong, will often cause a car to suddenly lose control in just such a situation, (as I eluded to in a previous, somewhat related conversation) That and speed of course. In any event, you made it, which is the important thing. Maybe a little morbid but, got any before and/or after pics?

before:

after:

sump
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamai ... 6009678034_71840182_o.jpg

gearbox casing
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamai ... 11518080_1173194604_n.jpg

subframe
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamai ... 13838138_2144825925_n.jpg
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG