The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from mp5cod :Question guys.

Is it worth buying a 2001 honda civic - 135k miles - malfunctioning wheel-bearing - for 3,500? I was offering 2,500 cash but she won't budge.

Here are pics to show u what im working with.

How much would you offer?

Any advice would be appreciated

Don't even think about buying it.
Quote from NitroNitrous :You can find a similar Civic over here for 2000 or 2500 euro, in quite good condition, without any fault and with less than 100.000km. As far as I now cars are much cheaper in the USA, that's why it doesn't sound like a great deal to me...

I see what your saying and I wish that was the case, but here in New England its not.

Just to give you a comparison of this to others, look at the prices/miles of the ones in the link.

http://www.carsforsale.com/fin ... amp;cursort=asc&bt=-1

Thanks for your answers guys, much appreciated
Quote from Dennis93 :Meh, the handling of my corolla destroys all of you stupid bimmers.

Except maybe the might of Scrabby.

[Cocky attitude] I think you might be forgetting someone here hint hint [/Cocky attitude]
Quote from BAMBO :[Cocky attitude] I think you might be forgetting someone here hint hint [/Cocky attitude]

are you driving a BMW?
Quote from Dennis93 :are you driving a BMW?

Dennis, I am disappoint! We had quite a talk regarding this matter. You gave me the good ol' "kit car is not a real car" talk remember
Quote from BAMBO :Dennis, I am disappoint! We had quite a talk regarding this matter. You gave me the good ol' "kit car is not a real car" talk remember

Kit cars are more real than anything else (assuming your built it). The love that goes into turning a box of bolts into a rear car. Manly adventures. If someone else made it, then it is just a car and you're the ghey.
nope.

tired of seeing MR2's being 'kit car'd' into Ferraris, and fake caterhams everywhere..

real cars is the deal BOOOY
Keep looking?
Go bigger maybe.
Can't argue with a large crumple zone.
Accords are much better.
Quote from Dennis93 :nope.

tired of seeing MR2's being 'kit car'd' into Ferraris, and fake caterhams everywhere..

Have to agree here to be honest.
Quote from Dennis93 :nope.

Someone who fakes an MR2 to look like a Ferrari is a massive queer and should have their drivers licence revoked. But Westfields are quality cars and a lot of them will out pace a Caterham.
Calling a Westfield a fake Caterham is a complete understatement and to be honest a sign of ignorance. Wesfield has just as much racing pedigree as Caterham, having a league in the UK and Holland as well as having a great number of independents running in a variety of leagues and championships.

Caterhams are considered to be quite mellow in the type 7 world. The more extreme type 7 cars you'll find at track days will usually either be made by Dax or Westfield (mostly Dax to be perfectly honest)
+1, lotus 7's looks are only there to cover a stiff, light frame that is quick and nimble even with a 1600 crossflow. Better quality materials will make a difference to weight and stiffness but not a big one. As to beetle based 911's, mr2 based ferraris and cortina based 'classis roadsters'.... faggots. Maybe 2cv based morgans could be a bit of fun if they weren't so fugly.
Lotus 7, Caterham, Westfield, Whatever. they are all useless if you only have one car.
Quote from Dennis93 :Lotus 7, Caterham, Westfield, Whatever. they are all useless if you only have one car.

I'll be perfectly fine using a Caterham as my all season daily driver

I love cars with zero comfort

Caterham Supersport snow driving - Driving can't get better than this..
Okay, I have borrowed my fathers magical vehicle called MB100D, and there's some witchcraft going on in it. I wanted to put a better head unit in it, but anything else than VW Alpha (Hitachi KMS-1086V) doesn't seem to work. Well, all the other head units I tried did work, but didn't output any sound to speakers. Only the Alpha does make sound. What the hell? The car has an ISO connector sketchily installed by previous owner, so probably some wires are mixed up. I want to wire that connector properly, but a couple hours of googling didn't manage to find a wiring diagram for that kind of vehicle. I could strip the whole interior and find out by myself, but that's too much of a hassle for a single trip.

Or has anyone else tried soldering an AUX cable into the VW Alpha radio? It's easy to do so, but how to mute the radio without adding some kind of ugly external switch? I'm walking trough this shit just because radio stations in my country sucks, and I still want something to play to make trips less boring. The vehicle is really slow and makes sound of a WW1 fighter airplane, so it sets people on board asleep really fast.
golf is still a project, i've been driving this for a while

yes, i know, the editing was just a slight test, and the quality is horrid
dat numberplate
Slam it
Quote from G!NhO :Slam it

eventually

Quote from hrtburnout :How do you like your MX5? I wish I had one.

i like it, its loud at highway speeds so i purposely drive slow. lol
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG