The online racing simulator
Quote from Nick_ll :Got no idea if this would be a compatible improvement, but I thought I might let you know Scawen. Might not even be possible to fix. Anyways here goes:
- When I race on a server that is in the same LAN as me, in the present case NAL Long Run (which is a public server of LFS North American League), LFSW doesn't seem to see it. So if I drive 1000km on that server, LFSW will record my pb's and stuff but not on which server I last raced. I'll say I last raced on the server I raced before the one that's on my LAN.
Not sure it's possible to fix tho.
If post is irrelevant, sorry.

OK, Victor took a look at this and when he tried to reproduce it (using both methods - joining via master and joining locally by ip address) he could not reproduce the bug.

But he thinks it may be because you did not finish the race. As you mentioned it's a "long run" server - maybe this means you do not get your last race set.

That is probably the reason, if you are referring to info like what you see in this attachment. This info is only set when you actually finish a race. It is not the last host you visited.
Attached images
exampl.gif
Quote from Scawen :But I have added that special new virtual central dashboard, that comes on automatically in the FO8 and BF1 when you turn off the driver and wheel.

My appologies Scawen I had installed U13 but not tried it in the FO8/BF1 with the wheel hidden because I had (wrongly) asumed from the update log that it would put the guages up shown in wheels view. The dash that's now shown looks a lot better than a static wheel will ever do
Updated to U14
Note : Slash character is no longer needed at the start of each line.

It should now be possible to control pit instructions from your wheel by using commands like "press up" assigned to your text keys (CTRL+F1-F12).

Although there is no support for cycling keys yet, you could now make a cycling key (for example F9 to F12 live displays) by using the /ctrlf function and one script for each stage of the cycle, like this :

1) Set your CTRL+F1 text key to /run cycle1 and assign that to a wheel button.

2) Make a script "cycle1.lfs" containing two lines :
press F9 <- simulates pressing the F9 key to bring up the tyre temperatures
ctrlf 1 /run cycle2 <- reprograms the cycle key (CTRL+F1) to call the cycle2 script...

3) Make a script "cycle2.lfs" containing two lines :
press F10
ctrlf 1 /run cycle3

4) Make a script "cycle3.lfs" containing two lines :
press F11
ctrlf 1 /run cycle4

5) Make a script "cycle4.lfs" containing two lines :
press F12
ctrlf 1 /run cycle_end

6) Make a script "cycle_end.lfs" containing two lines :
press F12 <- presses F12 again to make the pit instructions vanish
ctrlf 1 /run cycle1 <- reprograms the cycle key to call the cycle1.lfs script

Don't know if I explaned that well enough - tell me if it doesn't make sense.

[ EDIT : It wasn't clear enough and contained some mistakes, so I made it clearer. I have now removed the posts about that. ]
Seems like a poor design to me - why not just "press F9 F10"?
Quote from hackerx :Seems like a poor design to me - why not just "press F9 F10"?

The "press" command just presses a key. It's nothing to do with key assignments, so that wouldn't work at all.

There is currently no specific support for cycling keys. So I was describing a way that people could use the scripts to create a cycling key effect, right now, even without the support, if they want to (this way is made possible with the ctrlf command). If you know a simpler way using the current system, please describe it. But your example doesn't work. The "press" command only takes one parameter.
Quote from hackerx :Seems like a poor design to me - why not just "press F9 F10"?

Because it won't work - you run the script. The script doesn't know for which time it is being run, just that its been called.

Are you thinking of something else? This is so that the button changes its function every time you press it.

EDIT: Bah, beaten. :/
I don't know if that cycling script is finished (from cycling from F9 to F12) but is it just once a cycling, or is the cycling infinite long...?

If it's done, could someone post it here?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I don't know if that cycling script is finished (from cycling from F9 to F12) but is it just once a cycling, or is the cycling infinite long...?

If it's done, could someone post it here?

It should now be possible to control pit instructions from your wheel by using commands like "press up" assigned to your text keys (CTRL+F1-F12).

You could also make a cycling key (for example F9 to F12 live displays) by using the /ctrlf function like this :

1) Set your CTRL+F1 text key to "/run cycle1" and assign this to a wheel button

2) Make a script "cycle1.txt" containing two lines :

press F9
ctrlf 1 /run cycle2

3) Make a script "cycle2.txt" containing two lines :

press F10
ctrlf 1 /run cycle3

4) Make a script "cycle3.txt" containing two lines :

press F11
ctrlf 1 /run cycle4

5) Make a script "cycle4.txt" containing two lines :

press F12
ctrlf 1 /run cycle1

- this should set the cycle to loop
(just contunied scawens posting)

-----

about the cycle
would it be possible to introduce something like some basic variable?
so we could write the script something like that?

- Set the CTRL+F1 text key to "/run cyclexxx" and assign this to a wheel button

and the cycle.txt to something like this:
int i = 0;
if ( i = 0) { press F09; i++; }
if ( i = 1) { press F10; i++; }
if ( i = 2) { press F11; i++; }
if ( i = 3) { press F12; i = 0; }

don't know if this would be possible to program
Oh well... Just the way you described it seems quite cumbersome. How many parameters "press" takes is up to you tho , and it wouldn't be that hard to keep track of what key was last pressed, I guess? Would be much easier for user.

Anyhow, thanks again for that Enter thingy.
I think it's ok now
Working pretty nicely, a bit slower then with profiler but i guess its just the cycle time when script commands are being taken care of. Anyway it seems that the scripting doesnt work on replays. I tested it only with the following: set my buttons to press F9-12 (button X = CTRL+F9 and CTRL+F9 = /press F9). When im driving or speccing online it works perfectly, on replays however it doesnt.
feature request
implement the command "exec" to execute .exe and .bat (or whatever extension recognised by windows, in other words the "start" command of windows console), but only into the "executable" subfolder of lfs (for security reasons) or any subfolder of that one.

this is usefull to start stop mods in easy way, or to start lfsworls from lfs, or to make scripts to install/uninstall mods making proper backups/restore of original lfs files.

PS i noted that my suggestion for "button R llokr 0.3" and "button A throttle 0.6" was deleted, but is not included into the list of already suggested things, i think it was deleted by mistake.
Quote from Honey :PS i noted that my suggestion for "button R llokr 0.3" and "button A throttle 0.6" was deleted, but is not included into the list of already suggested things, i think it was deleted by mistake.

It was moved to OT requests.
Dunno what this ctd mean:
(Have Patch U14)
Attached images
ctd.JPG
Quote from Honey :PS i noted that my suggestion for "button R llokr 0.3" and "button A throttle 0.6" was deleted, but is not included into the list of already suggested things, i think it was deleted by mistake.

No, I deleted it because it is beyond the scope of this test patch. I don't think that syntax is the way I would go. Keyboard is not the way to use LFS - keyboard support is good enough already, keyboarders who like LFS but don't want a wheel should go down to the local shop and buy a gamepad [ edit : ANALOG GAMEPAD! ] at least (that doesn't take up desk space). I understand your look command but I would implement partial look angles into the interface in a different way that is not compatible.

Basically that is for improvement suggestions forum if you want it to go there. It has nothing to do with this series of test patches so should not be in this theead, which I must keep clean to keep my head clear.
Quote from SiL-X :Dunno what this ctd mean:
(Have Patch U14)

How did you make that happen? Please give me as much information as possible, where were you? In-game, entry screen, what did you press, was it online / offline? I need all the information possible to catch a crash.

EDIT : I see from the crash address you must have been in-game at the time. Does this happen every time or just once?
request

Please add ff_up and ff_down to the functions so we can assign < and > to buttons.

Question

fz5.lfs has "run road" inside
road.lfs, i have added "button 2 horn"

press button 2 and the horn sounds, fine

If i add "button 2 horn" and remove "run road" in fz5.lfs the horn does not sound when btn 2 is pressed, yet i understand fz5.lfs is run on car selection

It may be me but i just cant see why?
Quote from Scawen :How did you make that happen? Please give me as much information as possible, where were you? In-game, entry screen, what did you press, was it online / offline? I need all the information possible to catch a crash.

EDIT : I see from the crash address you must have been in-game at the time. Does this happen every time or just once?

I was In-Game in Hotlapping Mode...
I just race around the track and then sometimes LfS crash!
It happens sometimes... After 5mins or sometimes after hours oder i have no crash!
Safe to skip/delete post and the one above

(QUOTE=axus)Scawen, just in case you missed this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... p?goto=newpost&t=9958(/QUOTE)
Axus, just in case you missed this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ghlight=forgot#post155961

Besides: why do you report issues in a obsolete version, while you seem to be very much aware that you have an old version illepall

oopsie, you didn't report it but noemfie..

He had old test patch U9, not the latest official U patch
And he edited his post that he'd need latest test patch to fix the issue..

(Responded here to not clutter the thread furthermore)
Quote from Krane :Axus, just in case you missed this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ghlight=forgot#post155961

Besides: why do you report issues in a obsolete version, while you seem to be very much aware that you have an old version illepall

I have a current version, U14, however this is a TEST patch and it shouldn't make the latest official version obsolete.
Loving the new script system features Exelent patch Scawen, hope to see more updates like this in the future
Quote from SiL-X :I was In-Game in Hotlapping Mode...
I just race around the track and then sometimes LfS crash!
It happens sometimes... After 5mins or sometimes after hours oder i have no crash!

From what you say, and from the crash address, and because no-one else is getting a crash, I think this looks like overclocking / overheating / faulty memory issue.

Some people know a lot about that kind of thing so they could tell you a program to run that can test memory etc.

And yes, these kind of things can happen more in one patch than another, simply because the faulty memory byte is now used by a different part of the program.
We need a sticky thread that contains info for ppl with such hardware problems. I remember many posts like those, and I have posted the links to memtest, prime95, atitool, hdtach, etc. already like 100 times

PS Scawen: LFS is undrivable with a gamepad, specially as most pads have digital axes :P
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG