The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
Quote from hp999 :http://imgur.com/BNitw

That's not a dragon..... http://www.airliners.net/photo ... 490612cc6b7105146980d6a3d

I'm actually really please that MC is getting a *big* monster (although I'd have preferred T-Rexes ) once you get a diamond sword and some armour the enemies become laughable, especially on the surface. It needs something to bring back the fear that you experienced during the first hour or so, even when you're tooled up.
Quote from Hyperactive :Agreed. More mechanical aspects to the game would make it better. Not magic.

i don't like having dragons in mc either. Unless they add some new biomes that look like mordor with volcanoes and geysirs and stuff like that...

I think having bats in the caves would be more exciting that than dragons...

lol that would be kinda cool.

But yeah.. bring on minecraft architecture. I want pistons to be able to lift like.. frames that you can build, so you can raise an entire building or something with only a few pistons.

Minecraft would be awesome if it had simple machines such as pulleys, wedges, and some structural items instead of .. every block for itself.

It just bugs me that MC turned in a direction.. NO ONE saw coming. I'm sure some people are happy but.. cool.. a dragon? What's the point. Am I supposed to enchant my sword with love so when I swing at it it becomes my pet?

I'm sure interesting things will come, but for now.. it just seems like the wrong turn at the wrong time.

Although I'm sure notch and jeb have it all planned out; they probably did this magic and dragon stuff for Minecon; where all the nerds that will be going to that will be happy because I'm sure 99% of them wish they were harry potter.
I thought dragons are only in Ender realm?
Guess it's just the Ender dragon subspecies(?) that's in that realm or...? *confused*
Anyhoo, I don't mind them, but I hope they're extremely rare to find.

Couldn't agree more with more mechanical features to the game.
Maybe after 1.0... 2.0? Argh, MC No Beta.
Quote from XCNuse :old news; they started working on that dragon two weeks ago!

it's dumb. (imo)

minecraft is turning into some weird blocky WoW subgame.. enchantments? Dragons? come on...

My thoughts exactly. I want Minecraft to stay as it is, you build, you survive. Enchantments? Not needed. I'd rather have an option to turn all that crap off and focus on survival.
Well you can just ignore all the extra content and play the game like you always have. Or just don't update?
You have to update whenever you launch it.

As for ignoring it, if it's tied into crafting, no can do.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :You have to update whenever you launch it.

As for ignoring it, if it's tied into crafting, no can do.

it doesn't tie into crafting.

If you dont build an enchantment table and stick your tools/gear/weapons into it, it just isn't used.

If LFS added the option to turn the screen upside down, it wouldn't effect people with normal vision - its no different.

gah, moaners
Quote from Krammeh :it doesn't tie into crafting.

If you dont build an enchantment table and stick your tools/gear/weapons into it, it just isn't used.

If LFS added the option to turn the screen upside down, it wouldn't effect people with normal vision - its no different.

gah, moaners

Yey +1

I don't see the problem, there is the adventure side for rpg lovers and the creative mode for builders.
I'm not complaining, I just.. wish there wasn't one guy writing the code and can change whatever he wants on the turn of a dime lol.

I'm excited for adventure and everything, but dragons and enchantments is just turning it into so many other games out there.. I always felt like minecraft was trying to be very different, and it was, but this is a step backwards for me.

It will be interesting and scary as hell when a dragon does come down and attack me but.. I dunno, I'm not sure what it ties into right now.
I think the enchants are cool, I think it needs something special like that for when you start exploring dungeons/strongholds.

But I will agree with the Dragons not quite fitting in with the whole adventure style of things, I feel it's trying to be Skyrim.
I did wonder if they just included dragons to piss Bethesda off.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I did wonder if they just included dragons to piss Bethesda off.

thats exactly what i thought of last night, i think they most likely did
totally wouldn't be surprised lol.

Notch said "Jeb had a brilliant idea today during our meeting and will start on it"

so that was the turnaround on that dragon. (From the enchantments)

Has anyone been playing the beta betas?
I may play some this weekend; I haven't touched MC in a few weeks now.. Just ready and waiting for some adventure stuff.. something.. anything to do!
Dragons has been on his to do list ever since I first bought Minecraft, which was early alpha! Nothing to do with the court fight!
my hotel is taking shape!

contains 34 rooms for hire.. xD

@lfs minecraft server.
Can't say it looks bad Pretty good job
thx, my plan was tu build it semi legit (spelling?), but after an greafing accident that burned down abit of my building made me lose my motivation, lol, so its mostly build by copy/paste..

but ground level and 2 floors up is made only by hand..
What server you guys playing on?

As the LFS one is still down?
Quote from djgizmo68 :What server you guys playing on?

Ales has server up, I think it's whitelisted though.
Quote from djgizmo68 :What server you guys playing on?

its up for me
"Cant Resolve Hostname"

Is the error i get for "62.75.235.105"
dear god what i love greafers..!!!!!!!!!!!

the whole server is blown up..

guys, ---> new comers shall NOT get creative mode access..!!!!!! <------
Isn't there a whitelist?
-
(Mr_Lonely) DELETED by Mr_Lonely : dubblepost

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG