The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
Quote from legoflamb :Took me four attempts to survive on what is available on the island alone. Unlucky on the seed gathering, but finally got it with out leaving the island.

lol really?!

I took one tree down and it dropped a sapling, took that one and got another tree and it just multiplied from there on, dug some where there is a hole on the first island to get some coal and stuff; and by the time I had like 5 trees I made a house, dug up some sand and made glass, then finally made a boat.

to survive at first with food I took a hoe to some long grass and planted some wheat and made bread
Quote from XCNuse :lol really?!

to survive at first with food I took a hoe to some long grass and planted some wheat and made bread

That was the plan, horrible luck struck me my first attempts. lol

Either no saplings or no seed. But the past is the past. Got it going now.
haha okay that makes sense then. Yeah if I didn't have anything drop it would've been .. not impossible, but it certainly would have sucked!

you'd just have to make a boat first time around and travel around some first.
This is what I did at first, but it cheapened the island survival experience. Pretending to be stuck there is the fun part.
yeap! That's why I haven't traveled much between the islands lol.

But now it's kinda.. not survivalish anymore; I need to tear my house down and make a hut and get rid of all of my food and stuff LOL!

I went from caveman to like space age in a matter of 2 minecraft days, it sucked lol

I watched a video; another really awesome seed is Nightfall
It supposedly has a cavern system right under the island, and curls around and goes all the way to bedrock!!

He didn't mention of any islands nearby but I didn't see any in the video.
Anyone got a good seed for spawning at a Village? The ones I tried don't work anymore
Quote from speed1230 :Anyone got a good seed for spawning at a Village? The ones I tried don't work anymore

gizmoto

EPIC Seed!

Village visable from Spawn, There is also a Cavern right next to the Village, Right at the bottom is an abondoned mine shaft, halfway up the wall, directly above the Mineshaft is a Dungeon!
Quote from djgizmo68 :gizmoto

EPIC Seed!

Village visable from Spawn, There is also a Cavern right next to the Village, Right at the bottom is an abondoned mine shaft, halfway up the wall, directly above the Mineshaft is a Dungeon!

Hmm strange I tried that and never saw a village. Maybe I didn't look hard enough
Edit: I started in quite a dense forest, is that where you should spawn?
Edit 2: Oh boy lots of wolves
Edit 3: This is a good seed in terms of mining, I struck gold!
I did not find a village.
Im getting weird results now.

I checked that see 5 times last night - Same spawn etc. Now, i cant generate the same results using the same seed! weird :s
I guess the seeds don't work after an update.
I found a really deep cavern, which can be accessed from a lake and I struck gold!
So this seed is good, for mining.
Are we using a new server guys?

The LFS one has been down for ages!
Quote from djgizmo68 :Are we using a new server guys?

The LFS one has been down for ages!

well if no-one tells me...
didnt know
what time is anybody on?
1.9 prerelease3
Water seems to drip from ceilings now
Attached images
Water drip 1.jpg
Water drip 2.jpg
Quote from legoflamb :1.9 prerelease3
Water seems to drip from ceilings now

AFAIK it's only when a water or lava block is blocked by a single block meaning it can't come though two or more blocks. Lava gives off orange particles I think and water gives off blue particles
Useful if you want to dig up but then lava is right on top of it, I had those moments
I suppose if you don't want to use the magic stuff you don't have to. I don't think I could be bothered with it myself.
Quote from XCNuse :old news; they started working on that dragon two weeks ago!

it's dumb. (imo)

minecraft is turning into some weird blocky WoW subgame.. enchantments? Dragons? come on...

http://imgur.com/BNitw
Quote from XCNuse :old news; they started working on that dragon two weeks ago!

it's dumb. (imo)

minecraft is turning into some weird blocky WoW subgame.. enchantments? Dragons? come on...

Don't like any of the new features either. Also that "Generate villages, npcs" thingy sucks.
Quote from XCNuse :minecraft is turning into some weird blocky WoW subgame.. enchantments? Dragons? come on...

Agreed. More mechanical aspects to the game would make it better. Not magic.

i don't like having dragons in mc either. Unless they add some new biomes that look like mordor with volcanoes and geysirs and stuff like that...

I think having bats in the caves would be more exciting that than dragons...

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG