The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
Quote from titanLS :Yep, it was my own fault. The thing that bugs me is this... I went out in the woods and tested the fireplace first this time. I built a test model and planted trees all around it. The leaves grew to within 1 block of the flame and still didn't catch fire. As soon as I build the same thing up in my house it burns the whole thing down...

This is quite ROFLworthy.

Why is Minecraft so addictive? A friend recommended it at the weekend and I have wasted far too much time on it already.
Quote from titanLS :Yep, it was my own fault. The thing that bugs me is this... I went out in the woods and tested the fireplace first this time. I built a test model and planted trees all around it. The leaves grew to within 1 block of the flame and still didn't catch fire. As soon as I build the same thing up in my house it burns the whole thing down...

On my brothers server, we decided to run in a random direction and build a town inside of a huge forest we made(and by huge, I mean HUGE, we planted so many trees near eachother it was mind-boggling). Anyways, we all build houses, an inn, fountains,etc.

I started working on my basement, and in this basement I built a swimming pool room. In the corner of the pool, I tried to emulate the hot coals that you see in a sauna, so I made a little one block mini lava pool thingy. Now I made sure it was plenty far away, it had a layer of smoothstone over it, and it had a ceiling, as well as 4 more layers of dirt above it. After I put the lava down, I heard fire. My first reaction was to look up, because the ceiling is wood, but it wasn't on fire. I walked outside and the biggest lag I've ever experienced hit me, and the WHOLE forest was in flames. It burnt down my friends big inn he made, as well as my brothers house, but my house ironically was untouched because it's made of cobblestone.....My brother didn't save it before either, we had to get rid of all of the fire ourselves.

TL;;DR: Town in massive forest, put lava in basement of house, everything burns.

EDIT: It didn't burn his whole inn down, just the inner walls and floors, the outside walls and roof were made of cobblestone. Mine was build the same way, but the floor didn't catch lol.
I started building the town hall, but won't have much time to play in the weekend as I won't be at home. There is a large basement area under the main building which needs quite a large amount of various rooms. Does anyone have any ideas what to fill it with? Maybe a library, and that's where my creativity ends, so help is appreciated
Secret torture prison. :hide:
Quote from Zay :Ok, so paypal is all registered, so I click on buy now in minecraft and I click log in and stuff on paypal. Then apparently I have to give them my damn credit car number. Well guss what? I DONT HAVE A FREAKIN MASTERCARD OR VISA OR AMERICAN EXPRESS AND I WANT THE STUPID GAME. Ive been waiting for 5 days for my account to be activated, I have enough money in paypal, and i cant fricken compltete the stupid payment! Is there a way to bypass this step? Answere ASAP.
Thanks,
zay

Ok, so like I said about the paypal thing. It comes up to that credit card screen. I have a debit card, and I dont see anywhere to type in a debit card number? Anyone know how to do this?
Credit card screen? Do you get that when you click on I'm ready to pay?

From http://www.minecraft.net/prepurchase.jsp Click on the button and just log into your paypal and pay?

I haven't bought it yet, but I think thats how it works (as with any paypal payment...)
Quote from Zay :Ok, so like I said about the paypal thing. It comes up to that credit card screen. I have a debit card, and I dont see anywhere to type in a debit card number? Anyone know how to do this?

Debit card = credit card, usually. As long as it has 16 digits and starts with a 4 (Visa) 5 (Mastercard) 6 (Discover) or 37 (Amex) it should work just the same as an actual credit card.
Quote from titanLS :Debit card = credit card, usually. As long as it has 16 digits and starts with a 4 (Visa) 5 (Mastercard) 6 (Discover) or 37 (Amex) it should work just the same as an actual credit card.

But the thing is that it won't work the same way. Tested myself.
I've built and are currently applying the finishing touches to an aircraft carrier. If anyone would like to make some fighter jets and a helicopter or two I would appreciate it.
I'll check it out in a bit
Ugh just lost like 20 lapis lazuli because of that dumb glitch where if you leave something in a crafting table it disappears.
Could you add me to the whitelist too? My nick is Hyperah

Bought minecraft just a while ago. I'd prefer to do something online instead of just throwing rocks alone in single player mode
Quote from Hyperactive :Could you add me to the whitelist too? My nick is Hyperah

Bought minecraft just a while ago. I'd prefer to do something online instead of just throwing rocks alone in single player mode

added,
Hi, I just bought minecraft and done some offline exploring.
I would like to be on a whitelist if possible. My nick: hemicuda
Quote from UncleBenny :Ugh just lost like 20 lapis lazuli because of that dumb glitch where if you leave something in a crafting table it disappears.

It doesn't, it gets spitted out by the crafting table.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :It doesn't, it gets spitted out by the crafting table.

There was nothing around my table, it was just gone. Used to work like you said, but recently the crafting table has just eaten my stuff.
Quote from UncleBenny :There was nothing around my table, it was just gone. Used to work like you said, but recently the crafting table has just eaten my stuff.

^^ this
It's a bug introduced with one of the recent updates, has it's advantages though. You can use the 4 crafting slots in your inventory for additional storage, just make sure to take the stuff out before you log out or it'll be gone. It's most useful for tools you intend to consume on your trip.
Did the server just crash?

Says "Lost Connection: End of stream" when trying to reconnect.
Quote from Hyperactive :Did the server just crash?

Says "Lost Connection: End of stream" when trying to reconnect.

Same
Quote from morpha :Same

i cant control it via terminal either...but to put it back up will take some time since i save the map first...and hope its not to late for that.
noooo jesus dont save the map!
do all you can to save the map boosted. This one is actually pretty decent.
actually i cant do nothing right now...ill wait till tomorrow since the server seems to have frozen during copying (hopefully will unfreeze too ).

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG