The online racing simulator
Quote from BOSCHO :Scawen, please note this:
(lfsmods quote)

Yes, they are always step forward. I haven't tried it but I assume they still can import modified vob mods, right?
Quote from Flame CZE :Yes, they are always step forward. I haven't tried it but I assume they still can import modified vob mods, right?

A VOB can be modified in appearance without changing the physical properties.

It's physical changes that the new patches check for because that's what matters to other racers.
Quote from Dygear :I don't think LFS has any hairpins at all. To do it in a pit in and then again in the pit out is pretty interesting.

It's not those areas that are such a problem, but when turning off the track to go to pit and to join back the track from the pit.

It goes straight from/on the racing line where difference in speed, for example with FOX, of those cars which go in/out of pit and those which don't is approximately 100 kmh (or about 60 mph). What I wanted to do is use grass areas to make safer pit in/out, but of course, I would need some grip there.
Quote from Highharti :~30-35mph. As far as I know, there are no corners in LfS that are driven slower than that.

i can think of one instance in south city and one instance in aston.
Quote from Scawen :A VOB can be modified in appearance without changing the physical properties.

It's physical changes that the new patches check for because that's what matters to other racers.

and I have a question here. Is it so hard to make more real cars in LFS??
I know u have to get confirmation from companys u want to make cars but still is that so hard ? atleast one drift car like Nissan S15
Quote from Udris1992 :and I have a question here. Is it so hard to make more real cars in LFS??
I know u have to get confirmation from companys u want to make cars but still is that so hard ? atleast one drift car like Nissan S15

Is it so hard to not post requests in a test patch thread?
Quote from Udris1992 :

Sorry for OT, but: Why would you need that Nissan? You already have a 4cyl turbocharged 2.0 rear wheel drive car. Which is the exact same as the car you proposed.
Quote from Scawen :This is my only worry about this patch at the moment. Unfortunately it's really a bad thing. It's possible to get these false collisions, but they are so rare, and cannot be reproduced. If someone got it in single player mode and posted an SPR then I could track it down and fix it. But these MP Replays only show the outcome, not the actual collision event itself.

Here is an SPR of the ghost collision, 1st lap, hairpin on SO5R.
Attached files
•Steve•_SO5R_XRG.spr - 49.2 KB - 439 views
I tried to replicate this bug in other vehicles, but so far only the XRG has done it, on that specific corner (SO5R Hairpin), more than once [the other time it happened was before I was intentionally trying to do it, therefor the replay wasn't saved].

I am going to see if I can replicate the FXR, SO3 one too.
Quote from spiderbait90 :I tried to replicate this bug in other vehicles, but so far only the XRG has done it, on that specific corner (SO5R Hairpin), more than once [the other time it happened was before I was intentionally trying to do it, therefor the replay wasn't saved].

I am going to see if I can replicate the FXR, SO3 one too.

I've just bee analysing your SPR and there seems to be a texture join at the point the car gets launched. The previous reports also seem to happen around similar points, so my earlier theory might still hold water.

Image sequence
  1. The front wheel force shows the start of a bump in road surface. Texture join highlighted.
  2. Rear wheel forces for same bump (closer). Join just above highlight.

3. Rear wheel just after the join (highlighted) and at point where the car is "launched"
[edit]I just checked my replay, and I don't accelerate so soon which might explain why I can't replicate. In image 2 there are forward acceleration forces just before the "bump" which immediately disappear at the join. Later frames show a negative force on the rear wheels as the car is launched [/edit]
Attached images
texture-physics_1.png
texture-physics_2.PNG
texture-physics_3.PNG
Quote from GeForz :He already stated, that the incompatible patch with the autocross changes has those speed bumps as objects.

Then I definetily stay in my opinion/suggest
Quote from cargame.nl :This is such a big problem...

29 fps is dramatic, you can't race properly with only 29 fps. Especially when it's the most you EVER got.

Get a good graphic card or lower settings. Car shadows for example are killing FPS.

Are you kidding me? I thought 5,5 fps is fps what you cant race properly...
Quote from spiderbait90 :Here is an SPR of the ghost collision, 1st lap, hairpin on SO5R.

Well done! :up: Thank you very much for that.

I'll get onto debugging it this evening or tomorrow and I'll let you know how I get on.
host name what ?
Can we get an option in multiplier races to save an SPR. This would allow us to save the reply as our client sees it and not as the final outcome that the MPR has. I think it would help you with your debugging.

[Edit]: Apparently Broken has already suggested this here.
Quote from Dygear :Can we get an option in multiplier races to save an SPR. This would allow us to save the reply as our client sees it and not as the final outcome that the MPR has. I think it would help you with your debugging.

[Edit]: Apparently Broken has already suggested this here.

Wake up mate

I must have driven that corner a hundred times now to try and replicate the issue. Every time I'm on the throttle later than Spiderbait, It's just a difference in driving style I suppose.

Can anyone else replicate this?
Scawen, would it be possible to have more colour options in the driver names? More colours or a custom slider like for the wheels?
-
(sil3ntwar) DELETED by sil3ntwar
Quote from Scawen :Yellow flags are not easy, because they become quite annoying if LFS doesn't know if a car is in a safe place. It uses the path to know if a car is parked or stopped off line in a safe place and this is impossible without path information.

Have you (or Victor) considered releasing a path file editor? Im sure many layout makers will make paths aswell for their layouts.
Quote from Dygear :Funny, I'm getting the same thing with the Intel HD Graphics (Built into the i3-2100T). Although for that, I get a black screen while in the main menu system. Seems to have something to do with the AF level. Anything above baseline (IIRC) causes the menus the go black. But as long as I'm in a MPR, or SPR, on connected to a server everything renders fine. (That was until the latest drives that made the game look like crap with anything less then an above baseline AF setting.)

Ok, I found the root cause for this. Any AF level works just fine, it is the AA level that causes the screen to go black for me in LFS. Even an AA level of x2 causes the problem. It's again only on the menus tho. Anywhere else (like in game, while physics is running) is just fine.
Hmm... so let me get this straight. The BL rally sections are no longer accessible in the open track configs? If so may I ask why this was done? I really don't see a reason to, it makes the open configs useless for BL, doesn't help anyone afaik, and just takes a fun option away. Not trying to offend, but I won't be downloading Z33 if this is the case. Still happy with Z28 and Z32 for now.
Quote from jrs_4500 :Hmm... so let me get this straight. The BL rally sections are no longer accessible in the open track configs? If so may I ask why this was done? I really don't see a reason to, it makes the open configs useless for BL, doesn't help anyone afaik, and just takes a fun option away. Not trying to offend, but I won't be downloading Z33 if this is the case. Still happy with Z28 and Z32 for now.

You have the wrong end of the stick. BL rally sections are still there for open configs. The only differences are that barriers along the sides of those sections are back. This means you cannot drive into the lake for example.

There is no obligation to download any of these test patches. They are exactly that - for testing and bug reports.
Hi Scawen ive made a layout and added some Ai's but they think that there is no layout there so they just slam into objects thinking that they are on the normal track.

ps: the layout was not OOS.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Are you kidding me? I thought 5,5 fps is fps what you cant race properly...

It is! You can easily race with fps lower than that! Like, uhm, 11.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG