Yup, Toyota are engine suppliers. I seem to recall that I predicted such a move when they exited F1.
I know that but interestingly there is no Toyota branding on the car other than a small Toyota Motorsports (TMG) stickers. Toe in the water I hope.
Quote from DeKo :
Very good looking car though. Anyone think that looks very much like an F-duct going onto the rear wing?

That looks mechanically connected to the car to 1) keep it from flexing and 2) possibly control the angle of attack
Sucks now they all go to the same basic look. I like it better with a bit of variety.

Winning is winning though.
Quote from deggis :I know that but interestingly there is no Toyota branding on the car other than a small Toyota Motorsports (TMG) stickers. Toe in the water I hope.

It's probably an independent partnership venture by TMG, with the blessing of, but not the funding from, Toyota's HQ in Japan.

The fact that the car is called Lola-Toyota is enough marketing value, I guess.
Quote from samjh :Beautiful livery:

Rebellion Racing's revised Lola B10/60-Toyota

Bascially it's the same livery as last year.
Let's go to Le Mans ! really excited about that new regulations,can't wait for first results !!!
If nothing gets in the way, I'll have gone to Le Mans since... 2006?
Last year in school and as always the exams is right around Le mans time.. Next year i will be there!(hopefully :schwitz
Alboreto, very good driver. Runner up in 85 I think.
Pugs are lifting in straigh but anyway Audi seems faster in corner. Peugeot 908 are slow at dunlop and ford chicane but looks good at le tertre rouge. Let's see what happen this afternoon
also interesting - The new Aston Martins are very very slow so far. Seems that they just always have problems
The pugs has caught up and the top 4 is now within 0,2 secs of each other
Quote from Flingoko :also interesting - The new Aston Martins are very very slow so far. Seems that they just always have problems

It's worrying that they can't even get to the level where they could start worrying about the lap times... in first session they completed amazing 12 laps and in the 2nd sesssion both cars stayed in the garage, so clearly some big teething problems.

http://www.lemans.org/en/cours ... day-2011/live-timing.html
Pugs seems to be better now into the corner but I feel the Audi pretty much smoother...maybethis is just about the sound?? Anyway hard to know what is the real gap, would be interesting to see the different split to see exactly the real pace (but we still have no idea of how hard they pushed). Anyway I have seen AUdi driver nearer to the limit so I guess they were at the maximum at what they can do into the turns. Bourdais was quite hot on track too and he almost divebomb a GTE-AM few minutes before the checkered so still have no ideas of who is the fastest. I would say Audi atm but not sure. One thing is sure, 24 hours of Le Mans gonna be epic !
The lack of the GT1 cars this year makes me a little sad, i loved the sounds of the DBR9 and the C6R, will be a shame.

This year it seems to be close between the 458 italia, and the M3 GTR, the Lotus Evora seems a little off the pace
Quote from (-Mark-) :This year it seems to be close between the 458 italia, and the M3 GTR, the Lotus Evora seems a little off the pace

Don't count out the yellow Corvettes. They just skipped this test.
Quote from (-Mark-) :The lack of the GT1 cars this year makes me a little sad, i loved the sounds of the DBR9 and the C6R, will be a shame.

This year it seems to be close between the 458 italia, and the M3 GTR, the Lotus Evora seems a little off the pace

Well if you want some nice engine sounds, there will be 3 Corvette ZR1 GT2 at LM and 3 ASton Martin V8 Vantage GT2, and certainly the lola-Aston Martin DBR3 because of OAK Racing #24 crash (they gonna have to choose between finishing #49 LMP2 or rebuilding #24, but maybe the can make a miracle and do both).

It was Lotus Evora 1st test so don't worry they will improve a lot until Le Mans Furthermore their main aim was to complete lot opf kms to validate all their driver and collect lots of informations for engineer so I doubt they were flat out (no one was flat out I think).
Anyone has livestreams from Spa - practice/Q/Race?
This is on eurosport player right?

Le Mans/ILMC/ALMS 2011
(690 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG