The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
Not me

Feel free to use my stuff, I HAD a diamond sword around
FML.

Had an awesome sky base, no - sky city/platform going on single player, and then decided I need a lava tower. Lets just say things didnt go to plan.
Quote from DevilDare :FML.

Had an awesome sky base, no - sky city/platform going on single player, and then decided I need a lava tower. Lets just say things didnt go to plan.

haha
The server is down again.
Everytime I try to turn either sound or music on, minecraft crashes.
What could be the cause of this? And is there a solution?
Quote from Stefani24 :Everytime I try to turn either sound or music on, minecraft crashes.

Solution: Don't turn sound or music on.
That's some shitty advice there.

What I think is there's something wrong with your Java installation. Remove it and install again from the Sun website. Also try both the standalone and browser version of Minecraft.
Quote from titanLS :This is what I assumed, but even when I'm alone on the map virtually nothing spawns in the tower. I've lit as many caves as I can find in the area, but all I get is cows and chickens around the tower... nothing in it. The more torches I put up in the surrounding areas, the more cows and chickens I get. F3 shows nothing under or around the tower (ie in caves) either....

Could it be that the tower is just in a horrible spot?

I have the same on multiple servers. I think the spawning code has been changed considerably!

Quote from Stefani24 :Everytime I try to turn either sound or music on, minecraft crashes.

the quote below should fix it.

Quote :Nevermind, just fixed it. Codec conflict. Mine happened to be with the program, Tunebite. Similar problems are reported to be caused by the program, Melody Can. So pretty much, if you installed anything involving sound drivers, try disabling them in your sound, video, game controllers section of device manager. Even if you don't recall installing something, go there and try disabling non primary audio drivers to see if there is a conflict.

Thanks, Krammeh, that did the trick.
1.5 is out boys 'n girls.

http://twitter.com/notch/status/60338035279138816

* Weather (rain, snow, thunder)
* Statistics
* Achievements
* Detector rail
* Booster rail
* Performance improvements

Server update is required.

The performance improvements have made a big difference to me. Instead of around 60, I now get around 100-150fps. I think it's mainly occlusion culling that doesn't render what's not visible. That uses your CPU so if your CPU isn't very powerful, it might even give you worse performance. Switching off Advanced OpenGL probably disables that.

What's also nice is that the GUI is now scalable. That should first of all fix the problems of the mouse area being smaller than the GUI preventing you from clicking half the screen (at least in Full Screen mode as far as I noticed), but also make the GUI less intrusive, which is nice. Minecraft looks huge now for that reason.

It doesn't seem the pistons are in yet, maybe 1.6.
Attached images
2011-04-19_17.01.02.jpg
What?! I play Minecraft because it's coded in Java so it uses all of my CPUs.. now they made it efficienter. Grr
Because of that "do not render what you don't see", it seems it doesn't "refresh" the rendering when I see it, too.
Attached images
2011-04-19_19.48.16.png
cant update the server yet, since there is no updated craftbukkit right now
the Ladders are fixed. now we have to place a ladder on every block, instead of every other block.
True, but now when you craft them you get 2 pieces, so it basically just looks normal. No extra sticks need to be used.

Edit: Or did we get 2 pieces already, now I'm not sure...
already got 2
Ohh...

Personally, I hated seeing ladders every second block, so it's a + from me.
Yep, we now get 2 ladders instead. So its all good.
Would like to try this game, but does it work on mac? I would expect it to do in the browser, but what if i download it?
Quote from legoflamb :the Ladders are fixed. now we have to place a ladder on every block, instead of every other block.

It would of been nice if that was in the changelog... i'd built a store room, so had an inventory full of stones, no tools, and couldn't get out of my (very underground) store room as the ladder was broken.

Digging your way out by hand = not fun.
Yeah, very annoying that they keep changing stuff and not noting it...

No idea whats the reason behind it...

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG