The online racing simulator
Attached images
Sup.jpg
Quote from Feuerdrache :Nice thread there. Have thought about some track names - however everyone is free to improve them if somone has better fitting ones.

Area Blackwood
BL07 - Blackwood Rallycross Sprint

Area Fernbay
FE07 - Fernbay Rallycross Long

Area Aston
AS08 - Aston Sprint 1
AS09 - Aston Sprint 2
AS17 - Aston International
AS18 - Aston International GT
AS19 - Aston Sportscar Circuit
AS20 - Aston Touring Car Circuit
AS21 - Aston Touring Car Extended

Thanks! Can everyone agree on the ones above? I think those fit well for the tracks given.

Quote from reason0809 :about pit / starting grid problem

if you have league races with rolling start grid, markings for a start grid is not needed. pits are all over the track, you just need to find a right route into them, even they are in the middle of nowhere.

in layout editor you can add start/finish and sectors, so this wont be a problem for KY7 or even FE30 layouts, how many ever will be made (there are plenty of configs possible)

I don't mind people doing that, I just don't want to pollute this thread with too many of those tracks. I realize a couple of the Aston tracks are going to be like that, but the pit road for AS20/21 will essentially be AS1, which isn't too bad.

--------------

And on a different note, the rest of the FernBay pictures are added. The oval configuration will most likely be added later.
Quote from PMD9409 :
And on a different note, the rest of the FernBay pictures are added. The oval configuration will most likely be added later.

HEY PHEEL, I have an idea about a longer verson of the rally track.

Using the FE2 track but instead of going to the front stretch go into the rally.
Only problem I see with that is that the tires would never last. I don't even think you could do a hotlap without absolutely roasted tires.

I already looked into it and that was my conclusion.
Where's the version of FE13 w/o the oval loop? (essentially FE4 w/ the full front straight)
Didn't think it was necessary. Would be like recreating AS5 just to have historic bend.
Quote from PMD9409 :Only problem I see with that is that the tires would never last. I don't even think you could do a hotlap without absolutely roasted tires.

I already looked into it and that was my conclusion.

Use the grass instead of the track ?
Surely that would be more of a personal layout Stu?
Quote from PMD9409 :Didn't think it was necessary.

Seems like that would be the more likely "historic" version, though.
Also I'd like AS5 with the historic bend. Hate that goddamn kink.
Your pickiness is what makes developers like Scawen weep at night.
Hm...didn't saw this
Quote from Litro :Hm...didn't saw this

That's because it would quite literally be worse than the track where all of AS1 is the pit lane. Having that much dirt would need hybrids and having that much tarmac would shred hybrids in a lap.
Quote from pik_d :That's because it would quite literally be worse than the track where all of AS1 is the pit lane. Having that much dirt would need hybrids and having that much tarmac would shred hybrids in a lap.

Why not ? More challenge.
That's a bit beyond a challenge.

Sure, there are configs that aren't added, but that is because people are just making extra configs to make extra configs, and not making useful configs that we would actually see on a server or in a league.
FE13 looks pretty exciting... a bit like Le Mans with long, fast straights and fast sweeping bends. And no runoff.

If only there were a little extra road around the tard chicane to make it less dangerous.
you could use normal tires, just be careful on the dirt.
Or make it a 1/2 lap challenge.
I just got an idea of creating single stages on the combined configs, for example this one (there might be better ones for sure though).

Attached images
aston rally stage.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :I just got an idea of creating single stages on the combined configs, for example this one (there might be better ones for sure though).

OK this is actually a good idea and I hope PMD runs with it.
+1 to Flame CZE's idea.
Quote from PMD9409 :And on a different note, the rest of the FernBay pictures are added. The oval configuration will most likely be added later.

What about FE3 without the FE1 part?(check attachement)?

Ok, we would have to use FE3's startline and pitlane, which are actually out of the track. But does it matter, really?
Attached images
435px-FE3-1.jpg
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :What about FE3 without the FE1 part?(check attachement)?

Ok, we would have to use FE3's startline and pitlane, which are actually out of the track. But does it matter, really?

I don't think that would be a problem, unless people had to pit. Then there would be 2 way traffic.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :I don't think that would be a problem, unless people had to pit. Then there would be 2 way traffic.

This was more a rhetorical question than anything else.

TBH I see no problem at all if everyone uses common sence. Sure this is probably not a good layout for public servers with /midrace join on though. But it just looks good enough for league racing.
There wouldn't have to be two-way traffic, either. Just make sector 1 of FE Gold the pit entry/exit and have people rejoin the circuit from a pitstop at "turn 3."

New Open Track Configurations (Track maps and layouts)
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG