The online racing simulator
Quote from StableX :Just seen this thread (wonder why!)....

Asked in OP for a sticky, no one listened!
Hi Phil,

Here's an AS7 circuit excluding the chicane (you simply cut thru it), it then goes into the AS2 sector and back out into AS7. Has a full functional pitlane (and it is not out of the way). A diagram is included, it is very rough
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=116936&d=1314554780

I named it AS7x International Circuit
Attached images
bad diagram.jpg
Will look into it.
Can anyone tell me how to assign the 'made up' tracks to my '500 servers' m/player server please?
Quote from g7usl :Can anyone tell me how to assign the 'made up' tracks to my '500 servers' m/player server please?

/axsave /axlist /axload
or you can go under the control panel and put them in the layouts folder.
Anything new happened on here?
Just noticed there isn't another possible configuration - track just like AS4[R],but instead of using original start grid and pits,it uses AS1 grid and pits. Could be an interesting variation,I believe.
Good point!

But didn't you mean AS5 or do I lost something?
No,not AS5. Here's a quickly made track map attached. This avoids that crazy last chicane,but gives another 2 chicanes instead and very unstraight start/finish straight. And again - some mad pit entrys/exits...
Attached images
AS-historic-alternate.jpg
Interesting... Anything that kills that horrible last chicane is worthy of a try
But I'm not sure what the pit entry/exit would be - maybe you could overlay in red or something?

Something like that
Attached images
ASpit.jpg
Cool, ta. So, one end of that pit looks a little safer than the other
Might be fun to give it a try...
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :

Something like that

Or if you wanted to be totally radical, make AS1 the pitlane, i.e. pit entry is left after the long AS3 T1, and pit exit blends into the back straight

hm?
Attached images
Image2.jpg
Rather connect using AS cadet track - the closest difference between track and pit road.
Quote from eclipsed :rather connect using as cadet track - the closest difference between track and pit road.

^^
Already have it made, with both pit exits.

Just didn't put it in the pack I guess, probably because we didn't have an image. Not like it matters, all the old images in the OP are out of date anyways.

I'll post it if you wish. The alternative pit road had to be "slowed down" due to it being much faster than the normal route. So serving a DT in a league race wouldn't actually lose you time, if anything you would gain time.
So it's your laziness... Start updating so everything is clear,otherwise sometimes people get confused from variating names and pictures...
Yeah I'm not a graphics guy so that's why it got a bit lazy. Maybe I can clean it up after i get done with my uni exams.
Quote from PMD9409 :I'll post it if you wish. The alternative pit road had to be "slowed down" due to it being much faster than the normal route. So serving a DT in a league race wouldn't actually lose you time, if anything you would gain time.

Well yeah, it's stupendously quicker to take the pit lane, by the looks of UM21's pic, but you'd miss the checkpoints, so wouldn't that cost you an entire lap? Or umm, maybe I'm missing sumfink...
Quote from Feuerdrache :Ratman used the LFS Track Maps Extended I created for the new Open Configs and made a nice overview: [Click here].

Oh yes very nice, any chance an image of the layout that "UnknownMaster21" posted above could be made? Both of them if possible (the one with normal pit road and the one with alternate pit road) as I have both of the layouts done. No track code needs to be on them, if anything it is better that way.

I'll try to do a complete overhaul of the OP later next week after my exam Tuesday.
Quote from Neilser :Well yeah, it's stupendously quicker to take the pit lane, by the looks of UM21's pic, but you'd miss the checkpoints, so wouldn't that cost you an entire lap? Or umm, maybe I'm missing sumfink...

Well for that specific layout I actually changed the 2nd split line to under the bridge like at AS5 instead of the line down the straight. I know it kinda "breaks the rules" but it matches current Aston configs so I'm not too bothered by it.

Any thoughts about this? Or is it too "custom"?

EDIT: Cyan colour remarks how the original track goes
Attached images
A78.jpg

New Open Track Configurations (Track maps and layouts)
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG