The online racing simulator
Yeah, that was fixed for the Rallycross Long Alternative route, will fix it for F21.

There's been changes made to some layouts while we've been using it for NDR.Z30 Racing, and we also added a couple of more tracks - F25, F26, K21 - so we'll be updating the pack and images soon
I made this Aston layout.

It's the one I like the most, very fast but pit is too tricky, especially the entrance.

If you want, I can upload it here so you could further improve it, maybe?

Tnx for your effort so far
First posts updated with South City additions.

- Sprint 1 Full: LFS' normal Sprint 1 but now with 30 car grid.
- Sprint 2 Full: LFS' normal Sprint 2 but now with 30 car grid.

Thanks so far the people that have help me test, also the people who have joined the NDR Z30 Server and raced on these layouts. Nothing like testing these with 30 people on there night after night. Big thanks to you guys.
Nice development with the layouts!

Meanwhile, I'm extending the Airio framework so that some of the new tracks are sort of standardized and recognized as something people may score PBs and set WRs at, through the AIRW database. At present four tracks are supported: A11, A21, A22, K31, plus the reversed directions. Correct path is being checked, so that there can be clean laps for WRs. It seems the lap time data are correctly stored and retrieved from AIRW. Also the race positions are being calculated, currently shown only as Px on splits in the leftmost of Airio timing buttons. I'll probably try to talk to Deko of NDR (I guess he runs the Z30 server) and offer this updated Airio for stress-testing.

What other new/alternate tracks of the layout pack you think would deserve to be fully supported using Airio/AIRW? It is quite easy to support tracks that just combine standard paths. It is much harder to define completely new turns and parts of tracks. And, frankly, would you be interested in having such support? I see many people have fun just with the layout, never mind no data being stored and no race positions/flags are available.
Outstanding work gentlemen.
Quote from EQ Worry :Meanwhile, I'm extending the Airio framework so that some of the new tracks are sort of standardized and recognized as something people may score PBs and set WRs at, through the AIRW database. At present four tracks are supported: A11, A21, A22, K31, plus the reversed directions. Correct path is being checked, so that there can be clean laps for WRs. It seems the lap time data are correctly stored and retrieved from AIRW. Also the race positions are being calculated, currently shown only as Px on splits in the leftmost of Airio timing buttons. I'll probably try to talk to Deko of NDR (I guess he runs the Z30 server) and offer this updated Airio for stress-testing.

Great

Quote from EQ Worry :What other new/alternate tracks of the layout pack you think would deserve to be fully supported using Airio/AIRW? It is quite easy to support tracks that just combine standard paths. It is much harder to define completely new turns and parts of tracks. And, frankly, would you be interested in having such support? I see many people have fun just with the layout, never mind no data being stored and no race positions/flags are available.

Positions/flags are not needed to just race and get some fun indeed... But it'd always be a great addition, and I belive the layouts would have a much wider usage with them. Especially in league racing.

Anyway I'm probably not the best person to tell which ones deserve the support the most, but maybe NDR can tell which ones have been the most popular so far on their server.
Yo, can someone give their opinion on these 2 layouts for AS and FE. Its just some quick lyts I made at school, I havent properly tried them yet.

the FE one has been done before just now with an edited T1
Attached files
AS1X_AS_OVAL.lyt - 1.4 KB - 714 views
FE2X_FE2_T1 Chicane_Oval.lyt - 1.4 KB - 700 views
Quote from EQ Worry :What other new/alternate tracks of the layout pack you think would deserve to be fully supported using Airio/AIRW? It is quite easy to support tracks that just combine standard paths. It is much harder to define completely new turns and parts of tracks. And, frankly, would you be interested in having such support? I see many people have fun just with the layout, never mind no data being stored and no race positions/flags are available.

At the moment definitely yes, always useful to know where you are in the race, to have flags and all of the other things path files bring - wrong way is useful as well .

As for ones you could do next, up to you really, whatever is easiest/quickest to do tbh, we can wait on the others, but here's a list of the tracks we've used over the past few days:

A11, A12, A14, A23, A24, A28; B11, B23/R; F11, F12, F25 (FE2R with new T1 + oval), F26 (F21 with different final corner); K21 (KY2 but with T2 of the oval), K32; (this reminds me that we need to upload some more pics/layouts :schwitz

Is it possible to get track lengths from new .pth files?
---
Also just as you're here in this thread , can you implement the choice between vote kick and vote ban in Airio, to allow one or the other? And if someone is banned without giving a reason, can a reason be added afterwards in the Airio banlist?
Quote :EQ Worry;1584416]What other new/alternate tracks of the layout pack you think would deserve to be fully supported using Airio/AIRW?

F21 (long Rallycross).
Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to prepare some more tracks that look reasonable and are quick to be compiled. The PTH files are important, because they allow to see positions in race (based on nodes), do proper path checks, see idling and wrong way driving etc. Yes, with PTH files present the exact track length is calculated, as you can see in !tr. (E.g. the K31 length is something like 9800 meters.) I'm using the layouts downloaded about 4 days ago from the OP. For now the only thing that should not change in layouts is the split/finish line positions, because that would invalidate some data/info. Adding barriers somewhere to prevent driving to closed parts of the site/track is no problem.
Splits should not have changed since then. I tried to add them to the same areas as they were before on normal configs, didn't know if that would help you or not.

Only thing we have changed are bales/tires/poles to create safer areas after watching some races.
The layouts for the new tracks I've seen and implemented so far are cool - simple and effective. As for the split/finish positions, they can be anywhere, the "original" positions do not matter.

I'm doing the PTH files mainly to be able to have clean/good lap times and all this stuff. That's good, because the path check itself can then make sure the lap times were done using the correct roads (as outlined by layouts).

The slight problem is that LFS reports very little about loaded layouts: Just the name, number of splits, number of objects. To be reasonably sure the correct layout is loaded (not just some other layout with name changed) I'm thinking about implementing a relatively simple check, reading the layout file directly and probably checking on the splits/finish position only. But that means Airio must be running locally...

Uhm, well...
Well if it makes you feel any better, Scawen implemented a positions list for the new test patch. One thing less for you to do
Aaaaahhh, goood! Where do I find more info about this pls?

PS: Nevermind, if it is just the small notice in the Z30 patch thread, found it...

PPS: Having the positions by split times is not the most precise thing, still a very good one.
Gives you position, tab between cars a bit better, and creates correct colored arrows in the mini-map. Makes it much better for racing.

------------

In other news, updated first post quite a bit. For the latest race pack, download the pack in the first post.
Thanks a lot for your work on these layouts, well implemented and creative.

It feels like christmas (2009 ) is all around us!

Keep it up!
Does it work on the new Z31 patch?
Quote from niller :Does it work on the new Z31 patch?

Sure it works, the Z31 fixes a couple of bugs and is comaptible.
By the way, as EQ Worry created PTH files for some new tracks, I think it would be quite easy to count the track length, wouldn't it? That info could be displayed in the !tr table.
Pit Signage
One thing I've noticed playing online with some of the new layouts is that, for instance, if you join a server with track AS1X, there are so many different layout possibilities that when you start in the pits there's nothing to tell the mid-race or end of race server joiners which way to go.

Each layout could do with some signs in the pits to tell drivers whether to exit left or right.

This could potentially stop a mid-race joiner coming out pits wrong way into path of some leading racers and ruining some peoples races, which could lead to possible (unfair in my opinion) banning of driver who came out of pits.

As an aside, would it be possible to add the track layout map images with the zipped layout files please?
Quote from sinanju :One thing I've noticed playing online with some of the new layouts is that, for instance, if you join a server with track AS1X, there are so many different layout possibilities that when you start in the pits there's nothing to tell the mid-race or end of race server joiners which way to go.

That's easily solvable by putting signs "keep left" and "keep right" on the pit wall or putting left/right arrows in front of each pit.
Quote from sinanju :One thing I've noticed playing online with some of the new layouts is that, for instance, if you join a server with track AS1X, there are so many different layout possibilities that when you start in the pits there's nothing to tell the mid-race or end of race server joiners which way to go.

Each layout could do with some signs in the pits to tell drivers whether to exit left or right.

This could potentially stop a mid-race joiner coming out pits wrong way into path of some leading racers and ruining some peoples races, which could lead to possible (unfair in my opinion) banning of driver who came out of pits.

As an aside, would it be possible to add the track layout map images with the zipped layout files please?

1. Go up on the mini map. Should steer you in the right direction. We have noticed when people join the server they type !tr which tells them the track information, and that also helps them know which way to go.

2. Yes I will upload the maps in a separate rar file once I get home.
Quote from Flame CZE :By the way, as EQ Worry created PTH files for some new tracks, I think it would be quite easy to count the track length, wouldn't it? That info could be displayed in the !tr table.

Yes, this calculations already works. If a supported track/layout combo is recognized and the appropriate PTH file exists, track length is calculated.
-
(Keling) DELETED by Keling : Sorry, ignore this post please...
Have you even bothered to look at the layouts in the first post?
-
(Keling) DELETED by Keling : Sorry, ignore this post please...
Then be so kind as to tell us which layouts and which corners

New Open Track Configurations (Track maps and layouts)
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG