The online racing simulator
hi is it possible to remove the tyre barriers and the cones under the bridge and near the bridge on the south city track as in the pictures now tracks are open with the config thing,noticed a small oval track there would be great for banger racing

if it can be done would someone please remove them and post layout or whatever thanx alot
Attached images
LFS 2011-05-11 20-15-11-68.jpg
LFS 2011-05-11 20-20-01-09.jpg
LFS 2011-05-11 20-21-32-42.jpg
No, that is not possible. Many people asked already, Scawen said the track is not done there, so it cannot be done.
Quote from EQ Worry :No, that is not possible. Many people asked already, Scawen said the track is not done there, so it cannot be done.

ok thats a shame
I can't see an update to K31R mentioned above, so...
Have just tried it (yes, IGTC playtime, ROFL) and checkpoint 3 is back to front.
Tweaked version attached...
Attached files
KY3Y_K31_International_fix.lyt - 924 B - 758 views
Quote from scania :KY Endurance

I have also a one. Sorry my painting skills

Sorry, if someone already had done this but if someone had done, I support for it!
Attached images
K34 - Modified.JPG
Did anyone try a qualifying session on KY31r? With testpatch 0.6A1 it does not count the laptimes
Ah. Perhaps nobody spotted this yet?
Probably because the checkpoints are round the wrong way or something - check the IGTC forum for an updated layout - we will fix it, and also update some of the layout for the lastest patch soon (marker boards etc.).
Quote from boothy :Probably because the checkpoints are round the wrong way or something - check the IGTC forum for an updated layout - we will fix it, and also update some of the layout for the lastest patch soon (marker boards etc.).

Thanx, the IGTC layout works fine
We make a AS single race configuration at FFR.

I think it`s funny, and I will post it here hope it`s ok.
Attached files
AS1X_FFR-sprint.lyt - 5.5 KB - 666 views
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I know this sucks but...

KY34_Extreme

Only suggesting and never will be official I guess

(done @ A patch)

Screenies?
Wow! During test patch development I didn't quite catch what those "open track configurations" were all about!

Are all the extra configs for Blackwood available to demoers too?
Quote from Ripley :Are all the extra configs for Blackwood available to demoers too?

Demo version does not support layouts nor open tracks.
Oh, thanks!
I'm a bit rusty...
sweet
Attached updated Blackwood and Kyoto layouts with the new patch - added marker boards, pit speed signs, fixed a split, etc. - have a look and see if there's anything I've missed or suggest additions.
Attached files
OpenTrackLayouts20110625_BL-KY.zip - 12.8 KB - 574 views
Nice! Official patch is out for some time now, I have also updated Airio to be able to read layout data and possibly compare them to some fixed values that must be used for the layout track to be recognized as "official", with personal records, online world records and all. I've debugged many things, but almost surely I overlooked some others.

Now concerning the layouts, I would suggest the following: Let's concentrate on the ones that have PTH files ready and that can be now directly supported. These are A11, A12, A13, A21, A22, A23, B11, F11, K31, K32 plus all their reversed versions. To check layout, I intend to hard-code the positions of check points (splits) that must match with expectation. So the positions of split lines and finish line have to be correct and never changed.

To be extra sure I think also route checkers could be used? I do not have much experience with layouts, but if the route checkers are placed on some suitable places between checkpoints, Airio could also verify these and make extra sure the layout/track is valid. So I would suggest adding route checkers after every crossroad. Signs showing where to turn next and how far it is would be great to have for better orientation.

Then there's the question on B23 and B23R. As it is done now, it is not a track for racing but purely for stunts and crashing. Although I have the PTH file done, I'm not really happy about this track, it is not a rallycross alternate racing path, it is car and race destroyer. Fun, for a short time, but unsustainable for serious racing. My view. The option, I think, is to create barriers not allowing to cut the path, especially where BL2 joins with BL1 near pit exit.

New in LFS are extended clean lap checks that will be applied for all custom tracks. Specifically, going to ground (grass, it is the same check HLVC uses), touching wall, hitting any object. The ground check also presents problem for B23, at both places where the rallyx part goes to tarmac.
@ to EQ Worry about BL23 - BL22

For me, it can do purpose racing, if we would put shicane after jump
Quote from PMD9409 :First posts updated with South City additions.

- Sprint 1 Full: LFS' normal Sprint 1 but now with 30 car grid.
- Sprint 2 Full: LFS' normal Sprint 2 but now with 30 car grid.

Thank you for this. We had a 54 laps race last weekend with UF1 on Sprint 2 full. It turned out that there is a high crash risk at that point where you have to turn right to go to the pitlane. Drivers who want to enter the pits have to choose another raceline as those racers who stay on the track. See the attached pic. I´ve marked the normal raceline (green) and the line of the people who want to enter the pits (red). We had several crashes here so I think ther must be some sort of barrier to separate the cars who want to turn right. Any idea?
Attached images
SOSprint2_Crash.jpg
What about a pits entry line on the right of the track? cones / red white barriers to delimitate if needed... it would be a narrow turn into pits be overall safer.
F27 - Eliminator (Clockwise)
F27R - Eliminator (Counter Clockwise)

I think it sucks but...

Split 1 and Finish Line have changed their spots, when changing track to CCW from CW (and vice versa ofc)
Attached images
Eliminator1.jpg
Eliminator2.jpg
Eliminator3.jpg
Eliminator4.jpg
Attached files
FE2Y_F27_Eliminator CCW.lyt - 1.5 KB - 640 views
FE2Y_F27_Eliminator CW.lyt - 1.5 KB - 662 views

New Open Track Configurations (Track maps and layouts)
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG