The online racing simulator
Quote from DeadWolfBones :There wouldn't have to be two-way traffic, either. Just make sector 1 of FE Gold the pit entry/exit and have people rejoin the circuit from a pitstop at "turn 3."

Indeed, that's what I was thinking at first.

That junction at turn 3 would be a bit tough as people exiting the pits would rejoin straight on the racing line, but oh well.
Looks great must see it in game!
No objections, so I added these names to the current configs.

Would like to get more opinions for others.
Quote from PMD9409 :No objections, so I added these names to the current configs.

Would like to get more opinions for others.

are you somehow working together with scawen releasing those track configs ? because imo everybody who's running a server feel free to make their own layouts and give them names if they want to, you know.
It's rather easy to see why the devs hate posting on the forums even when its trying to be helpful. No one reads the thread or what its about. No one reads posts. They just read the title of the thread, disagree with one small line of it, and then try to make some remark where they end up making themselves look silly.

Unless we get some type of pth file generator, or a smart InSim app, most of the open track layouts will disappear from public racing. The patch mainly helps cruising. All I have done was create images from people's suggestions in the past, put track codes to them, and ask the COMMUNITY for names. This doesn't need any type of communication from the devs, just a thoughtful brain.

The thread was a guide for drivers who are either new to LFS or are new to a certain configuration. So when they join a certain server, and they ask how the track goes, you can say its "FE12, look on LFS Forum under the layout section, you will see". Also when someone joins a server it could say the configuration on the InSim. Or if NDR were to run another MiniFBM season and they use a custom layout. It would possibly be one of the ones in the OP. Then deko could easily link the drivers in the series to the image etc.

The names I asked the community for, when only one person responds, that one person is going to win. Sorry if you are somehow offended, no idea why you would be however.
Quote :No one reads the thread or what its about. No one reads posts. They just read the title of the thread, disagree with one small line of it, and then try to make some remark where they end up making themselves look silly.

Exactly, they look silly, and the rest of us ignore them...

Welcome to the Internet - population: too many.
It was fun to look for new combo's, but this topic is a great idea, I think it is good to have some standardisation for the names and combo numbers...if everyone works in its own corner we'll end up with some pretty confusing situations.(I've iframed this topic in our forum)

So great initiative Phill and everyone working on this!

Keep the focus on the positive side of the community guys!
Quote from PMD9409 :...The names I asked the community for...

Fern Bay originally used colors to name their circuit configurations. so my suggestions are:

FE8: red
FE9: blue
FE10: silver
FE11: white

(based on the 1st post by PMD)

..more suggestions probably to come later
Quote from SRR Marty :Fern Bay originally used colors to name their circuit configurations. so my suggestions are:

FE8: red
FE9: blue
FE10: silver
FE11: white

(based on the 1st post by PMD)

..more suggestions probably to come later

But colors tell nothing about the tracks. That's why I think it's better idea to use existing track names as much as possible.
Quote from SRR Marty :Fern Bay originally used colors to name their circuit configurations.

The devs actually picked the colours of the Jamaican flag only(green-gold-black).
#86 - 65D
I have to be honest. I don't understand these. What is fun if you dont get WR's, no racing positions, no flag, just random configs. And there was few tracks, where i was like: "wtf how that works"?
Especially: BL7, AS10, AS15, AS16, AS20?
Really odd stuff. And everyone is like "Yey, woohoo, awesome".
I think this can make a nice fast track. Some corners can be added on the straight with lyt objects.
Attached images
Screens_449x.jpg
Quote from Amynue :I think this can make a nice fast track. Some corners can be added on the straight with lyt objects.

Well you can already create an AutoX layout with a starting point and checkpoints on the drag strip for that. No need to wait for the new patch
Your BL6 RallyX West - what would it be if the chicane was kept as is, instead of bypassing it like you have?

You're also missing a Blackwood configuration - If you consider your BL6 as a sort of Blackwood North, then the south part of the track should be a configuration, with bit of the rallyx track to join both parts up.
Attached images
LFS Blackwood Track Configurations 2.PNG
Quote from Flame CZE :I just got an idea of creating single stages on the combined configs, for example this one (there might be better ones for sure though).

The stages idea is brilliant! - "The Need For Speed" (1995) anyone?

Anyway, I found another Aston variant. Could be a bit tricky regarding pit entry/exit, though.
Attached images
Aston_24.jpg
Quote from PMD9409 :
The names I asked the community for, when only one person responds, that one person is going to win. Sorry if you are somehow offended, no idea why you would be however.

i'm not, it was a normal question.
Quote from ATHome :Well you can already create an AutoX layout with a starting point and checkpoints on the drag strip for that. No need to wait for the new patch

It's impossible to set more than one lap at 8 lane drag at the moment, in new version it should be possible... or not?
Quote from Scawen :Dear LFS Racers..

Open configurations :

New "drive anywhere" open configs (CTRL in track select screen)
Open configs can be selected with text command like /track=SO1X
Open configs can be used as racing circuits by adding checkpoints
Checkpoints can now be up to 62 metres wide to include pit lane

Might be helpful if you put what "official" open config will be along with your track naming/numbering scheme, wherever it might be known.

For instance, is BL6 actually BL1X (BL6) or BL2X (BL6) in forward configuration / BL1Y (BL6) or BL2Y (BL6) in reverse configuration?
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
Very nice work there.
A few notes:

1) Currently, track names can have max 4 characters - 2 chars describe the site, one number is the actual track version, and optional R shows it is reverse. Naming tracks as e.g. AS13R, using 5 chars, may introduce problems. An option would be not to use numbers, but letters from A to Z. It would be obvious then that ASB is an layout track and ASBR is the reverse version of the same. The LFS limit of max 4 chars in track code would be observed.

2) As you maybe know, the Airio World (AIRW) database already contains some data extending LFSW, such as best/good online clean laps plus personal and world records in some widely used restricted cars (GT2s). Unless something better appears, I intend to extend the AIRW functionality to some agreed-on open layout tracks, so that there can be personal and world records. Of course this is limited to Airio PROS versions running on the server, and it would require some more thinking to be sure valid layouts are used. But generally, I think that with some additions this is possible even without track nodes.

3) To have actual race positions shown would be nice. I guess again a mechanism could be developed, either inside Airio or by someone else using his own ideas/tools that would replace the standard LFS list by a new one, but that would require some serious development and thinking about how to reliably assess car positions.
Righto! Or something else, maybe also by using new special PTH files that could be mostly compiled from the existing ones... Because I've been already editing the PTH files for the AIRW purposes, I guess I could do that relatively easily.
Quote from smove :The stages idea is brilliant! - "The Need For Speed" (1995) anyone?

Anyway, I found another Aston variant. Could be a bit tricky regarding pit entry/exit, though.

I like it
Quote from EQ Worry :maybe also by using new special PTH files that could be mostly compiled from the existing ones

Possible... But it's the hard way, not everyone can create that so easily. (Or support it).
True, but on the other hand I do not see any point in trying to make every single track configuration, just because it is maybe possible (some of them are really weird). But there are new AS or KY tracks worth standardizing, it seems to me. For example appended is a rough combination of AS2 and AS3 producing a track that's called AS8 in the 1st posts here (and which I'd rather call e.g. ASA, to keep the character count).
Attached images
AS8_.jpg

New Open Track Configurations (Track maps and layouts)
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG