The online racing simulator
Quote from boothy :Then be so kind as to tell us which layouts and which corners

I downloaded the (old) separated files below the maps, not the new ones in the rar. Really sorry...

Quote from PMD9409 :We have noticed when people join the server they type !tr which tells them the track information, and that also helps them know which way to go.

Must be fantastic having a great memory so you remember things like AS1 is anti-clockwise, but AS2 is clockwise, etc.

The only ones I get right knowing to go left are WE1, KY1 and BL1.

Like I said, look up on the map.

Also, I put a download link in the OP for the track maps.
How do i install the layouts?
Save them in your .../LFS/data/layout folder (don't rename any files).

For example, if we take the "BL1X_B11_Historic.lyt" layout from the 2nd post of this thread and save it in the layout folder, you can open it in LFS by selecting Blackwood in the track select screen, then press the CTRL key so that the "X" and "Y"s are displayed.

When you select the "X" next to BL GP track (because BL1X = Blackwood GP X) you should see "BL1X_B11_Historic" under layout. Click to select and you're good to go.

PS: You need to have the Z30/31 test patch to use them!

Oh and you can just load the BL1X track and then use shift+U and then space and then "load layout" to select the BL1X_B11_Historic layout.
KY Endurance
Attached images
KY Endurance.JPG
The problem with adding that is the bit on the oval. I created just a general list of track that EQ Worry or someone else could create pth files for. When you have a track that crosses back on itself, it is hard/impossible to make a pth file for it.

Not trying to be a dictator, just some can't be in the list.
I don't know if I'm right, but I think this one is missing:

This was my first layout I've build and done also a video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDhdQACxJOM

I named it CENTER, but you have used this name already, so I changed it into CUP
Quote from Thavron :I don't know if I'm right, but I think this one is missing:

This was my first layout I've build and done also a video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDhdQACxJOM

I named it CENTER, but you have used this name already, so I changed it into CUP

Already made it my friend, check page 5 for the layout

Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :AS 10 here but it goes other way to the arrow on the picture lap times in gtr about 1:44 sec

Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Already made it my friend, check page 5 for the layout

Okay, well, must have missed page 5
Nice track, is it part of the "official" layouts? There seem to be some confusion as to what is this track name. I cannot find it in track pictures, I think it should be something like AS16 (A16), a combination of A11 and A12...
The reason it wasn't there is because it has a "faulty" pit entry and exit.

If everyone thinks it should be there I don't mind adding it. More work for you EQ, so its mainly up to you.
The hardest part in creating the new PTH files is making new turns, new parts of tracks that cannot be copied from existing tracks. This supposed A16 is just a combination of A11 and A12, which are already done. So preparing PTH for A16 would take about 15 minutes... Tracks currently done: A11, A12, A13, A21, A22, A23, K31, K32, B11, B23, plus all their reversed variants.

EDIT: Currently I'm adding the track recognition / patch checking functionality only to Airio, version 2.5.4. If this all proves to be a workable concept, I'd like to create a separate application, an intermediate layer between LFS server and other InSim applications. But if some of you guys can do the programming, I'd gladly share what I already have concerning PTH processing and node calculation.
Okay.

Boothy made a A16, which I believe is already in the pack. It is basically A14 with the North hairpin having a "shortcut". I'll fix it up alittle bit and make a proper pic and everything for it tonight.

I'll name the layout they are posting now as A17. I will also make a A18 which is that same track plus the "back section" of Aston (historic bend, not sweeper).

If people can come up with reasonable names for both of those it would be nice.
Phil, do keep up son. A16 is the short Aston one, basically A12 minus AS1. A17 is Touring Car Short, A14 but without the AS7 hairpin, like you say. But if you want to go ahead and do A18 that's fine by me - it's not the best track but meh.

Incidentally, the OP has been updated with a newer zip file
I know it uses the pit lane (and probably can't happen)... But wouldn't this be awesome?
Attached images
rxlong.jpg
Quote from westfield bend :I know it uses the pit lane (and probably can't happen)... But wouldn't this be awesome?

It would be awesome at destroying hybrid tires.
Quote from westfield bend :I know it uses the pit lane (and probably can't happen)... But wouldn't this be awesome?

It could be done by splitting the pit 'straight' in half using barriers, rather than using the pitlane - but it would be quite narrow as a result.
BL Rally 2
Attached images
未命名.JPG
In my attempts to support racing on custom layouts, as proposed and discussed in this thread, I recently added F11. It was a challenge, because it has two new turns and one completely new section, not found on any other FE track. All seems to be working fine under Airio 2.5.4, especially F11R is a usable track. On the other hand F11 is really wild in T1, because there are big jumps making the braking very hard or even impossible. While F11 is fun for a while, I doubt it is a track where any serious racing can take place. I feel there are quite a few other tracks that would fall into "race-impossible" category, such as the one above. While it is a pleasure to try to create paths for reasonably looking and behaving layout tracks, there's no point in supporting wild configurations.
Quote from EQ Worry :While F11 is fun for a while, I doubt it is a track where any serious racing can take place. I feel there are quite a few other tracks that would fall into "race-impossible" category, such as the one above. While it is a pleasure to try to create paths for reasonably looking and behaving layout tracks, there's no point in supporting wild configurations.

Cool stuff on F11, thought here's some people doing a race on F11R But yeah, I think all of our layouts can be raced on, in at least one direction.
Attached files
FE1Y_race_3L_7R_4F.mpr - 434.5 KB - 605 views
Yes, all the AS tracks are great, especially when they include new turns. I'm not so sure about FE tracks with the new straight part though, it seems to me a substantial bit of smoothing would be required there. When I have a bit of time I'll try to make PTH for an F2x track including part of the mini-oval and different first/last turn.

New Open Track Configurations (Track maps and layouts)
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG