The online racing simulator
Nothing is attached

But yes I see how it would be useful, especially for knowing which way T1 is with AS2 vs AS3 so I'll make a list and edit it into this post soon.

OLD NEW NAME
A11 A1x Central / R
A12 A1x Chicane Route / R
A13 A7x Grand North / R
A14 A1x South / R (AS1y only)
A15 A7x Touring Car Circuit / R
A16 A7x Touring Car Circuit Extended / R
A17 A7x Touring Car Circuit Short / R
A18 A1x Unnamed
A19 A7x Unnamed
A1x A1x Unnamed (Central without AS1)
A1x A7x Unnamed (As above, but with the North section)

A21 A3x Sprint 1 / R
A22 A2x Sprint 2 / R
A23 A3x Classic / R
A24 A2x Cup / R
A25 A6x Classic Boot / R
A26 A3x Modified / R
A27 A2x International GT / R
A28 A4x Sportscar Circuit / R
A29 A6x International / R

F11 F1x Cadet / R
F12 F3x National / R
F13 F4x Black Alternative / R
F14 F4x Historic / R
F15 F3x National Alternative / R
F21 F5x Rallycross Long / R
F22 F2x Silver / R
F23 F2x Green Alternative / R
F24 F2x Oval / R (FE2x only)
F25 F2x Classic / R
F26 F5x Rallycross Long Alternative / R

Ahhh, lol, omg, damn attachments. Added now, and big thanks for considering the changes!

PS: That T1 knowledge would be good, the problem is that when the forward version has the usual T1, the reversed version of the same track will almost certainly have a different T1. The way to deal with this would be to use a non-symmetric numbering, meaning that e.g. the reversed version of A22 would be something like A3xR. Uhm. That would be rather even more confusing!
Well I certainly don't think we should be changing the circuit code for a reversed layout. I suppose it comes down to what will cause more carnage - not having the correct T1 for a normal direction (which are used more often than reverse), or people not knowing the reversed T1 - at least if we change the numbering we can be sure that the normal T1 will be known, and hopefully once people get used to the layouts they will remember the reversed T1

And Insim can check the width of a checkpoint right? Just making sure...
Definitely agreed on that T1 on normal track direction stuff!

Here's an extended table with added proposed codes. The important renames are marked with ! before track code, the ! behind track code means this one will need to be added to achieve continuous numbering. I also added a name for new proposed A13, but maybe it will not be acceptable.

OLD NEW CODE NAME
A11 A1x A11 Central / R
A12 A1x A12 Chicane Route / R
A13 A7x !A71 Grand North / R
A14 A1x A14 South / R (AS1y only)
A15 A7x A72-6? Touring Car Circuit / R
A16 A7x A72-6? Touring Car Circuit Extended / R
A17 A7x A72-6? Touring Car Circuit Short / R
A18 A1x A15? Unnamed
A19 A7x A72-6? Unnamed
A1x A1x A13! Banana Strip (Central without AS1)
A1x A7x A72-6? Unnamed (As above, but with the North section)

A21 A3x !A31 Sprint 1 / R
A22 A2x A22 Sprint 2 / R
A23 A3x !A33 Classic / R
A24 A2x !A21 Cup / R
A25 A6x A61-3? Classic Boot / R
A26 A3x A32! Modified / R
A27 A2x A23! International GT / R
A28 A4x A61-3? Sportscar Circuit / R
A29 A6x A61-3? International / R

F11 F1x F11 Cadet / R
F12 F3x F32? National / R
F13 F4x F41? Black Alternative / R
F14 F4x F42? Historic / R
F15 F3x !F31 National Alternative / R
F21 F5x !F51 Rallycross Long / R
F22 F2x F22! Silver / R
F23 F2x F23! Green Alternative / R
F24 F2x F24 Oval / R (FE2x only)
F25 F2x F25 Classic / R
F26 F5x !F52 Rallycross Long Alternative / R
F21 Silver Alternative / R

Summary of important renumbering: A13 -> A71, A21 -> A31, A23 -> A33, A24 -> A21 (this is to keep continuous numbers without gaps), F15 -> F31, F21 -> F51 (done already in Airio, F21 is a new/different track there), F26 -> F52 (done) – overall that is 5 important track re-names for me.

Tracks to be supported soon to achieve continuous/smooth numbering: A13 (the proposed banana shape), A32 (now A26), A23 (now A27), F22, F23 – that is 5 tracks to add. When the tracks are renumbered and the new ones added, the following will be supported by Airio/AIRW: A11-4, A71, A21-3, A31-3, F11, F21-5, F31, F51-2.

PS: Yes, all information about all layout objects is available to InSim. This includes checkpoint width/orientation and restricted zone diameter.
Will get the layouts ordered up tonight.
haha "Banana Strip"
We also need a name for the new F21 track, last line of my listing. Maybe a color? It is like FE4 but without the FE1 part and with the mini-oval, so...?
Quote from EQ Worry : We also need a name for the new F21 track, last line of my listing. Maybe a color? It is like FE4 but without the FE1 part and with the mini-oval, so...?

That track but with the oval bit correct? We already had named this Silver, and with the oval bits added (like Green and Black) we would just add "Alternative" at the end. Therefore this would just be called "Silver Alternative".

Generally, what about the renaming, is it acceptable, does my proposal look OK or do you prefer something else? Airio 2.5.6 is now ready, all new custom tracks support debugged (uhm), so finalizing the track numbers is the last thing.
Yeah all the re-numbering is in the works. I finished FE (might need to add that last one actually), and AS1X/Y layouts were all converted and is done. KY never changed. I think the only ones Boothy had left was to sort out was the AS2X/Y configs and how to re-number them. I think he will have them done soon before I even get home to help.
What are the differences between the "20110501" and the "20110627" files attached in the first post?
Quote from Ripley :What are the differences between the "20110501" and the "20110627" files attached in the first post?

From the first post:

Quote :UPDATE: June 30th 2011

Updated layouts to BL, KY, A11-A13, A21-23, F11, and F25 with new layout object additions such as curbs and brake markers.

We will be coming out with another hopefully today or by the end of the weekend. Going to add a couple more combinations from suggestions in this thread, also finalizing things for Airio such as names, checkpoints, restricted areas, etc.
-
(Inouva) DELETED by Inouva
We already have that, it's called K31, is supported by Airio, and it doesn't have shitloads of useless objects
-
(Inouva) DELETED by Inouva
sorry, i'be missed to say that i'be put all the "safety" measures that use cargame on both track, that why have so many ( for you ) Unusefull objects..., but since there is already a lty and supported by airio is ok

Thx and sorry
Any news? Airio 2.5.6 is fully (uhm) tested, the AIRW database is working as it should, it would be great to have the first set of "official" layouts.
Well, I'm going to post the track list here, so you can help fill some of the info out/check the numbering. Still checking/finishing the FE tracks, but here's the track list in the meantime.

CODE OLD LFS TRACK NAME AIRIO .PTH? DONE?
A11 A11 AS1xy Central / R YES YES
A12 A12 AS1xy Chicane Route / R YES YES
A13 A1? AS1x? (Banana Strip) NO NOT STARTED
A14 A14 AS1y South / R (AS1y only) YES YES
A15 A18 AS1xy (A18) / R NO YES

A71 A13 AS1xy Grand North / R YES YES
A72 A15 AS1xy Touring Car Circuit / R NO YES
A73 A16 AS1xy Touring Car Circuit Extended / R NO YES
A74 A17 AS1xy Touring Car Circuit Short / R NO YES
A75 A19 AS1xy (A19, A18 + North) / R NO YES
A76 A1? AS1xy? (Banana Strip + North) NO NOT STARTED

A21 A22 AS2xy Sprint 2 / R YES YES
A22 A24 AS2xy Cup / R YES YES
A23 A25 AS2xy Classic Boot / R NO YES
A31 A21 AS2xy Sprint 1 / R YES YES
A32 A23 AS2xy Classic / R YES YES
A33 A26 AS2xy Modified / R NO YES
A41 A28 AS2xy Sportscar Circuit / R NO YES
A61 A27 AS2xy International GT / R NO YES
A62 A29 AS2xy International / R NO YES

B11 B11 BL1xy Historic / R YES YES
B21 B24 BL2x Sprint Alternative / R (BL2x only) YES YES
B22 B21 BL2xy Rallycross East / R NO YES
B23 B22 BL2xy Rallycross West / R NO YES
B24 B23 BL2x Sprint / R (BL2x only) NO YES

F11 F11 FE1xy Cadet / R YES YES
F21 F22 FE2xy Silver / R NO
F22 N/A FE2xy Silver Alternative YES
F23 F23 FE2xy Green Alternative NO
F24 F24 FE2x Mini Oval (FE2x only) YES YES
F25 F25 FE2xy Classic YES
F31 N/A FE1xy Island / R ??? YES
F32 F12 FE1xy National / R ??? YES
F33 N/A FE1xy National Island / R ??? YES
F41 F13 FE1xy Black Alternative NO move split 2?
F42 F14 FE1xy Historic NO move split 2?
F51 F21 FE5xy RallyCross Long YES YES
F52 N/A FE5xy RallyCross Alternative YES YES

K21 N/A KY2xy North / R YES YES
K31 N/A KY3xy International / R YES YES
K32 N/A KY3xy Grand Touring / R YES YES
K33 N/A KY3xy International GT Long / R NO YES

S11 N/A S01y Sprint 1 Full NO YES
S12 N/A SO1x Sprint 2 Full NO YES

Haaa, it looks great! Just a few comments, all using the new codes (1st column):
  • A13 (banana route?) should probably be just AS1X, with barriers showing the right way for normal/reversed version.
  • A71, F22, F24, F25 Airio PTHs are done.
  • F24 could be maybe Mini Oval?
I see almost all the tracks that can be supported now are done, the only two exceptions are F23 (for which there is F21 layout in Airio LYTs that could be probably used), and F25 (with F25 LYT, again amongst the Airio LYTs). Once these two are added, Airio 2.5.6 and AIRW could be released in the final form.
Aston - Cruise around
This is my first try with the new version of the editor. It's only a small part of the track because i ran out of objects... .
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
lfs_00000002.jpg
lfs_00000003.JPG
Attached files
AS7X_DriveAround.lyt - 6.2 KB - 634 views
:ices_rofl

haha Cruise everywhere :hidesbehi
Quote from EQ Worry :Haaa, it looks great! Just a few comments, all using the new codes (1st column):
  • A13 (banana route?) should probably be just AS1X, with barriers showing the right way for normal/reversed version.
  • A71, F22, F24, F25 Airio PTHs are done.
  • F24 could be maybe Mini Oval?
I see almost all the tracks that can be supported now are done, the only two exceptions are F23 (for which there is F21 layout in Airio LYTs that could be probably used), and F25 (with F25 LYT, again amongst the Airio LYTs). Once these two are added, Airio 2.5.6 and AIRW could be released in the final form.

Ok, here's all of the layouts apart from the half-finished banana one.

Some notes:
cleaned up most of the Aston layouts (only moved a split in A29)
changed your B21 barriers to armco/bales
added Island configs for F31-3, moved split 2 to the Gold position on F32 and to the middle of the island on F31/3
cleaned up and make other FE layouts consistent, moved F41/2 split 2 to the oval
perhaps F21 I think it is needs its mini-oval split lengthened

Hopefully everything is fine for you
Attached files
OpenTrackLayouts20110731.zip - 65.5 KB - 640 views
Thanks! I went through all the layouts that interest me, updating Airio and paths as necessary. I noticed two things:

1) Maybe the F21 and F22 layouts are switched? Now F21 is called Silver and includes mini-oval, while F22 is called Silver Aternative, without mini-oval. Is this intentional?

2) And this is somehow more serious/important. For relatively simple support of custom tracks in Airio the second number of custom track/layout MUST correspond to the third number of the open track. That means AS1X_A72.lyt is wrong layout name, it must be AS7X_A72.lyt. I believe this requirement is rather logical – when someone wants an A3x custom tracks, he would expect it to be under AS3X/Y. Fortunately this is simple renaming question.

I have renamed for Airio all supported layouts that required this according to point 2. So I'm only confused a bit about point 1 above. When it is resolved, we can move forward.

PS: Oh, I also updated an F33 split a bit, so that even the normal version has it close to the island.
I need to stop failing - seems like I didn't actually move the splits in the ones that I saved and copied over to dropbox. F31R has the split where it should be at the island, and F32R has the split at the same place as FE3 - so just have a quick look at those

1. - hmm seems like a mistake on our part so you're safe to rename them. Phil added in the Silver alternative so that F25 kept its number

2. - I had considered that, but felt that we'd just keep them on the same layout base track for now and see what you had to say about it. The thing that I'm concerned about is that if you split them into like, AS1, AS2, AS3, AS4 and AS6, you need to reload the track more often than if you just keep the AS1/2 depending on the pitlane and reload the layout. Dunno really...

But if you could update the tracklist as well and include it with Airio that'd be lovely.
Not suitable for having pit entry I think but:

FE1X only

I will build the layout later if someone is interested about it
Attached images
F17 and F17R .jpg
Quote from boothy :... F31R has the split where it should be at the island, and F32R has the split at the same place as FE3 ... hmm seems like a mistake on our part so you're safe to rename them ... we'd just keep them on the same layout base track for now ...

Thanks again for all the updates and info. I took most of the layouts as they were, without any changes. I moved the F3x island splits to approx. the same places, switched F21 and F22 layouts (F21 is Silver, without oval, F22 is Silver Alt, with oval), and I also renamed the layouts so that they use proper open track name.

I see your point in having less track reloads, but I found layouts with names like AS2Y_A72 confusing, appearing where I was not expecting them and vice versa. Keeping the mixed name would also require Airio updates and I'm not sure how safe this would be, so new tests would be necessary, uhmmm... Overall, it makes more sense to me to base A7x on AS7x than on AS1x.

Appended are two sets of layouts. One is a set to be distributed with current Airio (PROS version, which is the only one fully supporting custom tracks), containing all the prepared and tested tracks. It is 20 tracks = 40 layouts, I just hope they're all OK and renamed as they should be. All split/finish lines and restricted zones in these layouts are fixed and may not be changed: A11 A12 A14 A21 A22 A31 A32 A71 B11 B21 K21 K31 K32 F11 F22 F24 F25 F33 F51 F52

The second set contains the remaining layouts that are not yet supported in Airio. Some of those will be supported when I have time to create PTH files for them and extend Airio code a bit to accommodate the updates (probably in version 2.5.7). First I'd like to fill the gaps in supported custom tracks (A13 A23 A33 F21 F23 F31 F32) and then probably add some A72+ tracks to have a nearly complete set. This would be one-layout-at-a-time process, so not as confusing as this 40-layouts-right-now crash.
Attached files
OpenLYTs.zip - 34 KB - 589 views
AirioLYTs.zip - 28.4 KB - 568 views
First post has an update.

New pack can be found there, or just click here.

We fixed many of the layouts that was needed by EQ Worry. We also added A15 and A75, which are layouts added by the community. With these additions, we need you guys to create names for us.

Banana Track has been already named.

However A15 and A75 need naming, these layouts are from image in this post. A15 is the short version shown in that image, while A75 is the long version going through the North section. If anyone can help create useful names for those two it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

New Open Track Configurations (Track maps and layouts)
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG