The online racing simulator
Quote from Martin Deutschland :Do you guys think, Scawen knows that he should better work on the physics for flying cars? Oh boy! All the whole work - for the trash now!

Lol haha
Quote from Michalxo :My 3 years old laptop CAN'T run LFS even on medium details! Sometimes I get too low FPS on start. I don't have money for another laptop/desktop. So I am against this. You can use modded dlls and other nice looking "user-patches" to make your LFS look beautiful. I think that 50% of people don't own gaming machine(s) like you do.
Think about this fact and users too. Thanks

Michalxo I DO NOT OWN A GAMING MACHINE ! My computer is over 3.5 years old !!!
So please don't try to find arguments on this.You do exactly what i critisize my friend.You bought a shitty $400 from a grocery store and you expect to play games.And even worse you expect from a game to dish any improvements while all the competitors have moved miles ahead ?

I can understand people moaning 3.5 years ago when Crysis was released...And even that game wasn't as demanding really.Only if you wanted to play on dx10 you needed a gaming pc.And that was 3.5 years ago.

I have a Core2Duo E6700 oc at 3GHZ,4gb ram and a 8800gtx ultra on a 680i diamond msi.And i run lfs "The hardcore killer as the people i described here say" at 1920x1200 at full detail (AND YES Michalxo i have also the Lynce high res textures installed-And YES i know about LFSMODS i talked about making a contest so people can make super detail models countless of times....) with a 16 car grid at OVER 200 fps.....!!!!

-For CHRIST SAKE the human eye can barely notice any difference over 60 fps.(And you need a fricking $ 800 Zalman 120hz 3d tft to actually have more screens displayed....for that almost unnoticed improvement)

-You can build or buy a Intel I7 with a decent video card like a gtx285/ati 57xx from Ebay for $1000 .And that will get you around -/+ 400 frames per second..... Enough ? Want more frames ? With $1500 you get a GTX 480 and around -/+ 700 frames per second.......

-And Even if you don't have $1000 you can built something better than my computer for around $600 if you don't mind using an athlon and an ati card.And that will get you easily OVER 200 fps...

So please stop trying to hold lfs back.Lfs has started to show its age.If it is not improved it will be left behind.And the people here that attack anybody that tries to suggest ways to improve lfs are the first that are gonna jump the ship when they see what the competition has accomplissed.
Justasimfan

Nice point, But drop the LFS upgrade act.. can you see you are not getting anywhere...? I'd be happy with just a Scirocco, But i do believe you about the fact that people need to upgrade, Just because you can run this game on a 499$ laptop, Doesn't mean you should.
Quote from justasimfan :Michalxo I DO NOT OWN A GAMING MACHINE ! My computer is over 3.5 years old !!!
So please don't try to find arguments on this.You do exactly what i critisize my friend.You bought a shitty $400 from a grocery store and you expect to play games.And even worse you expect from a game to dish any improvements while all the competitors have moved miles ahead ?

I can understand people moaning 3.5 years ago when Crysis was released...And even that game wasn't as demanding really.Only if you wanted to play on dx10 you needed a gaming pc.And that was 3.5 years ago.

I have a Core2Duo E6700 oc at 3GHZ,4gb ram and a 8800gtx ultra on a 680i diamond msi.And i run lfs "The hardcore killer as the people i described here say" at 1920x1200 at full detail (AND YES Michalxo i have also the Lynce high res textures installed-And YES i know about LFSMODS i talked about making a contest so people can make super detail models countless of times....) with a 16 car grid at OVER 200 fps.....!!!!

-For CHRIST SAKE the human eye can barely notice any difference over 60 fps.(And you need a fricking $ 800 Zalman 120hz 3d tft to actually have more screens displayed....for that almost unnoticed improvement)

-You can build or buy a Intel I7 with a decent video card like a gtx285/ati 57xx from Ebay for $1000 .And that will get you around -/+ 400 frames per second..... Enough ? Want more frames ? With $1500 you get a GTX 480 and around -/+ 700 frames per second.......

-And Even if you don't have $1000 you can built something better than my computer for around $600 if you don't mind using an athlon and an ati card.And that will get you easily OVER 200 fps...

So please stop trying to hold lfs back.Lfs has started to show its age.If it is not improved it will be left behind.And the people here that attack anybody that tries to suggest ways to improve lfs are the first that are gonna jump the ship when they see what the competition has accomplissed.

My "shitty" laptop cost 1000€ so stop writing here stupid things.
Stop telling things of which you have no idea. You live *only* in UK. Come live and work to central europe. Then release some facts about it.
Electronics here is not cheap at all. Get more facts before insulting other people.

I am not saying anything about not getting graphics better. I just want be able to play it as I can now. Relatively fluently. (I can survive mass start "lagging")
(Toshiba A200 1gs in 2007 was high-end machine)

I am not going to react on you anymore, cause you live in UK's reality not mine.
-- over --
I have feeeeeling, urgent feeeeling.. to drop This in here :riceboy:

*goes back to sleep*
Quote from Michalxo :
I am not saying anything about not getting graphics better. I just want be able to play it as I can now. Relatively fluently. (I can survive mass start "lagging")

Nobody is fighting you, We are just saying, If your machine was built in 2007 (Mine was 2000, But I've been CONSTANTLY upgrading it, Now it can beat most machines now a-days) then you need to upgrade, You can't expect everyone to stop traffic for the slow guys which don't want to upgrade, The developers could up the graphics to cars that are very detailed, You would be screwed, The developers are very nice, But graphics have no relevance to the game, 2007 processors are quite slow to the ones today, All we are saying is the only reason you are complaining (I guess..?) Then upgrade, that isn't our fault.
exactly, if we take michalxo's argument to it's logical conclussion then we'd all still be using the first driving game i ever played

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK_pwMItCPM

added to which LFS is currently very easy on a computer, on my pc 400 + fps compared to 95 fps on iracing, so if it is improved michalxo should be able to retain a decent frame rate just by keeping the appearence similar to what it is now
Well if its improved i think we will be able to choose the "nicer" graphics and the old ones. Then the ones with the slow and fast computers will not be in fight
I'd really love to see Scawen's post saying what next patch will upgrade, what will leave as is and so on.

After that, whole/all this conversation(/s) is/are pointless
So, it's up to you Scawen now
Some news would be very appreciated. (and we're here back again )
Quote from tinvek :exactly, if we take michalxo's argument to it's logical conclussion then we'd all still be using the first driving game i ever played

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK_pwMItCPM

added to which LFS is currently very easy on a computer, on my pc 400 + fps compared to 95 fps on iracing, so if it is improved michalxo should be able to retain a decent frame rate just by keeping the appearence similar to what it is now

Hallelujah ! Hallelujah Amen to that ! That game can even run on my whist watch!
Quote from Michalxo :My "shitty" laptop cost 1000€ so stop writing here stupid things.
Stop telling things of which you have no idea. You live *only* in UK. Come live and work to central europe. Then release some facts about it.
Electronics here is not cheap at all. Get more facts before insulting other people.

I am not going to react on you anymore, cause you live in UK's reality not mine.
-- over --

Michalxo Electronics are expensive here too.I always buy most parts from ebay.With 1000 euro you can built a monster gaming system as i told you with a high end I7 ,6 gb of ddr3 and the monstrous GTX 480 .With that you will play LFS with 700 + Frames per second...Well unless you buy the 500 euro Zalman tft you will not actually see drawned more than 60-70 frames....

If you payed 1000 euro for your computer you made a few serious mistakes and that is your fault not anyone's else.

1-To begin with know that laptops are ALWAYS twice the price a desktop pc cost for having the same level of equipment.

2-If you buy a laptop/desktop from ebay instead from an actual shop you can buy it at least 40% cheaper .(Always buy with pay-pal)

3-NEVER EVER go near a toshiba !! (They never have graphic cards on their laptops....even their expensive models usually have only a intel/ati motherboard integraded solution.....) -And thats why your shitty laptop cannot run anything..............I search toshiba sattelite models and not even newer models have seperate video cards...

4-I can imagine what your laptop specs are but from curiosity what are they ?

5 - INSTEAD of asking for lfs to remain idle and stay with ancient graphics go search in ebay for a new DESKTOP computer.IF you have a friend that knows how to built a computer ask him if he can help you so if you buy only parts from ebay you can built a computer for even less money.
Quote from justasimfan :
3-NEVER EVER go near a toshiba !! (They never have graphic cards on their laptops....even their expensive models usually have only a intel/ati motherboard integraded solution.....)

Wow - u get dumber with each post.

Toshiba Satellite P300 - which I owned - gamed, and developed on for 2 years: Came with a ATI 4700HD card - which was powerful enough to run Far Cry 2, Crisis at almost max settings -

I bought it in the USA - $400 discount from fresh model because of (My Geneva ########) - a special card you carry around and they almost worship you.....

Toshiba put pretty powerful and complete GPU solutions in their boards. And the on-board laptop speakers have very nice sound for their size.

The only problem I could ever find with a Toshiba is the ATI driver must be downloaded from Toshiba, instead of ati.com..... however - since most ATI drivers use the same DLL set - editing the driver inf files in catalyst was a easy workaround to this....

the 4700HD is the mobile version of the PCI-Express 4500HD , only differs in GPU memory for the most part. And it is powerful enough for most games.

So - what you are saying - is once again, is all assumption , with very little fact or proper research before you open your mouth.

At the time this sleek black 64bit Toshiba was priced at USA $1400 at Circuit City..... they charged me $1000 brand new and allowed me to deal with OEM instal myself to rid of the extra crap OEM installs tend to have.

17 inches of a laptop I totally enjoyed working on... was one of the most enjoyable laptops I ever worked on.

I dismantled it 3 times for cleaning and servicing - it is easy to upgrade too. P300 had 2 ide hard drives and could take ddr2 ram on 2 channels.
Quote from justasimfan :
blah...

5 - INSTEAD of asking for LFS to become a second NFS in terms of graphic and nonessential bling-bling go and buy a LFS license for your DESKTOP computer.

blah...

Fixed it for you justasimfan
Quote from Michalxo :

I run lfs on my Amd 2100+, Geeforce 4 Ti4200, 512 ddr ram. It hasn't been updated since late 2002 I think (8 years old). I can run on full grid online with 25 fps minimum and all is well. It still looks good too
Quote from rich uk :I run lfs on my Amd 2100+, Geeforce 4 Ti4200, 512 ddr ram. It hasn't been updated since late 2002 I think (8 years old). I can run on full grid online with 25 fps minimum and all is well. It still looks good too

That's the problem..
Quote from BOSCHO :That's the problem..

yeah..its a huge problem. an obnoxious problem.
If I may...

I think there's really no question here that LFS' graphics aren't the best. Even back a few years, it was pretty easy to get well over a hundred FPS in this game. So, I'd say LFS could definitely use a graphics update.

However, keep the following in mind:

First, even if running LFS is a piece of cake job for computers that are in any sort of way recent (keep in mind: recent in the computing world), I wouldn't say LFS graphics are annoying to look at. Sure there is tons of improvements that could be made, but if I'm driving past a quite boxy tree, my reflex isn't to ponder about the ugliness of that tree until I pass it again on the next lap. I just go along accepting the graphics the way they are. I'm confident I'm not alone to feel like this.

Second, and this has been said time and time again, the amount of work involved in a graphical overhaul for LFS would be not only immense, but would be a major obstacle in keeping Scawen focused as much as he can be on his current projects. The problem is that for LFS to be majorly improved in terms of graphics, a new engine would probably be required, and Scawen would need to code that (somehow I don't have the feeling he'd get it from somewhere else). People have been improving the textures for years, and while the results are far greater than what we had in 2003, it's simply impossible to bridge certain technological gaps with only texture work. Technologies have evolved, and you will simply not get the same result in a 2000 era directx9 graphics engine as you will in a 2010 era directx11 one.

Finally, another hurdle in the way of a graphics overhaul would be the amount of work involved for Eric, which I guess would also be immense, and we know that would take a long time.
Quote from justasimfan :Michalxo Electronics are expensive here too.I always buy most parts from ebay.With 1000 euro you can built a monster gaming system as i told you with a high end I7 ,6 gb of ddr3 and the monstrous GTX 480 .With that you will play LFS with 700 + Frames per second...Well unless you buy the 500 euro Zalman tft you will not actually see drawned more than 60-70 frames....

If you payed 1000 euro for your computer you made a few serious mistakes and that is your fault not anyone's else.

1-To begin with know that laptops are ALWAYS twice the price a desktop pc cost for having the same level of equipment.

2-If you buy a laptop/desktop from ebay instead from an actual shop you can buy it at least 40% cheaper .(Always buy with pay-pal)

3-NEVER EVER go near a toshiba !! (They never have graphic cards on their laptops....even their expensive models usually have only a intel/ati motherboard integraded solution.....) -And thats why your shitty laptop cannot run anything..............I search toshiba sattelite models and not even newer models have seperate video cards...

4-I can imagine what your laptop specs are but from curiosity what are they ?

5 - INSTEAD of asking for lfs to remain idle and stay with ancient graphics go search in ebay for a new DESKTOP computer.IF you have a friend that knows how to built a computer ask him if he can help you so if you buy only parts from ebay you can built a computer for even less money.

I sell computers for a living and i think i could be right in saying you have no clue as to what your talking about.

You can buy some really very good laptops with dedicated GPU's for not a lot of money and thats in Australia where everything costs more
Quote from richo : Australia where everything costs more

Except Shrimp, Fosters and Barby's.

:hide:
Hmmmmmm. Fosters.
Quote from Funnybear :Hmmmmmm. Fosters.

You know Funny, I came here expecting some long story about the scirocco getting stuck in warp-drive, so it has to go through the length of time a few times before coming back to us...

Instead, some generic response about generic Aussie beer. I am thoroughly unimpressed.

I don't need Silverstone or what ever. I don't care for real tracks. But I do care for someting new though.
The Look and Graphics are more better then R-Factor !! And LFS is older

Some modder did a Blur Mod for Blackwood so LFS need more Content then anything else and Modders can maybe handle the look problem of lfs
Quote from justasimfan :

4-I can imagine what your laptop specs are but from curiosity what are they?

Just to politely respond, I am adding this:

3) I'd go with Toshiba again, if i need to buy a new laptop.
4)
nVidia Corporation G72M [Quadro NVS 110M/GeForce Go 7300] (see? not integrated, but it's crap, yes)
2x Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5300 @ 1.73GHz

ps: When I was buying this laptop I had no idea about LFS and my intention was NOT gaming ;-)
I wonder if all sorts of track layouts on rockingham will be included, like rockingham lake
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG