The online racing simulator
When Scawen says so.

:scared::scared::scared:
Quote from IIIIIbarcodeIIIII :Mate, if you judge a sim by it's graphics I honestly feel sorry for you.
I still fire up falcon and GPL on occasion (and RBR all the time) even though they tend to make my eyes water in this age of dx10 bloom bullshit.

Although I heard they almost put in a volumetric, jiggling pitcrew but they were £20 short... so that one's on you.

Get real mate.

Actually i played Gpl non stop for years until last year when all the tracks i love were converted to Rfactor....(like isle of man,grand de turini(monde carlo),le mans...etc )
-Also there are hd remakes for the cars and tracks for Gpl !!!

(You must download the new modified core version and then you download all the cars and tracks )

And about falcon...After lock on falcon is ancient history...Especially now that flaming cliff 2 has released (Its actually a full game -don't let the name full you that it is just a second expansion pack for lock on....)
Quote from IlGuercio :In fact i'm not, surely much less than you are.
So? What's your point, doctor, will i survive?

My point is that you were wrong because Victor posts quite a bit on the forum and is on IRC about 60% of the time or more.

He may not post the things you want to read but he is very much active within the community.
Quote from justasimfan :

3. Lfs is a sim it does not need graphics because it is not NFSPEEDZZZZ !
(Ok i know that too,that's why i still bother,but is it a bad thing to have a simulation that looks good too ?- i mean take a look at the recent competitors,rfactor's latest mods look sweet,as well as the upcoming rfactor 2.And while gtr evo/race on are far from perfect they look quite nice,especially with the hdr plugin....)

4.Leave lfs as it is i don't want a screenshot generator !
(Me neither but if my 3.5 year old computer can run lfs at full detail at 1920x1200 with a 16 car grid with 200 fps,you don't expect lfs to be halted graphically so your $400 grocery store offer computer can still run it ? )

My 3 years old laptop CAN'T run LFS even on medium details! Sometimes I get too low FPS on start. I don't have money for another laptop/desktop. So I am against this. You can use modded dlls and other nice looking "user-patches" to make your LFS look beautiful. I think that 50% of people don't own gaming machine(s) like you do.
Think about this fact and users too. Thanks
Quote from Michalxo :My 3 years old laptop CAN'T run LFS even on medium details! Sometimes I get too low FPS on start. I don't have money for another laptop/desktop. So I am against this. You can use modded dlls and other nice looking "user-patches" to make your LFS look beautiful. I think that 50% of people don't own gaming machine(s) like you do.
Think about this fact and users too. Thanks

Not everything is built for old computers.. You don't need a great gaming computer to play with this game.. If your laptop is three years old and experiencing all those problems then that is not LFS's fault, That is your computer, And you should seek a upgrade, With newer technology the d evs have the right to make it have specs that only 4 cross-fired GTX285's from Nvidia can run at 5 FPS.. It's really their call.
Gentlemen, it's Friday tomorrow!
It's Friday now!
-
(The Very End) DELETED by Eric : Inappropriate image posted
Quote from TehPaws3D : And you should seek a upgrade,

Will you give me 500€ to play LFS with new patch?
Thank you! You're so kind.
but you have to realize that developers of any software (incl games) cannot develop thier products for x years old computers when current hardware provides many more opportunities...but imho lfs is not very well optimized for hardware, especially graphics
LFS Uses the CPU more than the video card. So sad for me
Quote from BOSCHO :LFS Uses the CPU more than the video card. So sad for me

Ill bet Scawen will probably make use of ATI and Nvidius API on the PCI-E cards that have built in physics pipelines someday .

It will fall back easily for those that don't have such cards =)

Edit - Before you flame me ---- I said "I'll bet..." - its an opinion.
just no cuda or physx...
just no videocard.. lets be able to play with the integrated in the motherboard one ? come on guys.. do you play the new games like GRID (its not even new..) or upgrade your PC for upcoming F1 2010 ?
True, development can be kind of gross :vomit:

I understand your point, I'll remove it later today
Quote from Dandy Dust :Does anybody know WHEN?

WHEN will the scirocco be introduced?

lol , from what i see, the one that was shown in the screenshots, is a 2008-2009 Sirocco model ..

by the time it will be introduced to LFS, it will be already outdated and replaced by a newer model from Volkswagen, and we will have to wait for another 4-5 years of physics and tires "adjustment" to see some screenies of it at first

after all, with everything that is available, it could be much more easier to make an accurate model of some older car .. like Audi QUATTRO from the end of the 80's or some Lancia Delta
That's genius.

We will be into 20..... 5020 before we get 100 cars, I bet you.
5020?
Quote from Uke :Early 5020.

According to rumours there will be some good releases this year
Quote from Hoshimodo :According to rumours there will be some good releases this year

you sure that wasn't last year (which came and went over 12-21 months ago)?
My post was referring to the quote from Uke
Quote from Uke :Early 5020.

Do you guys think, Scawen knows that he should better work on the physics for flying cars? Oh boy! All the whole work - for the trash now!
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG