The online racing simulator
SCA(wen)VI(ctor)ER(ic)
Thx for your "input"...
Maybe it would be useful to have the latest reply of a dev about the progress in a closed sticky, so everyone can find it easily. Maybe it helps against the cry-topics about the subject made by mostly demo licensed persons..
Quote from Gaiajohan :Maybe it would be useful to have the latest reply of a dev about the progress in a closed sticky, so everyone can find it easily. Maybe it helps against the cry-topics about the subject made by mostly demo licensed persons..

Quote from Scawen :The reason I don't make progress reports is not contempt. It just doesn't make any sense to me to do, say, monthly progress reports. One of them says "I'm working on the tyre physics" and then the next month "I'm still working on the tyre physics" and so on. I just want to say something when there is something interesting to say. But the tyre physics has been a lot of development, a lot of testing and trying new things, finding it did some things well and others not so well. Changing some things, looking for reference material to refine constants, taking a break, coming up with a new idea to test, trying it out, taking some wrong turns, investigating something that turned out impossible, rewriting something, finding a better result, and so on...

Asking always the same and same. Just wait. What difference will be if you know that he succeeded to do something? You still wont be able to "play" it. We know he is working on LFS, very hard and thats enough.

Quote from Gaiajohan :cry-topics

you are already doing a cry-post now
Well we actually know exactly what he's doing
Just look at his last posts!
Quote from Gaiajohan :Maybe it would be useful to have the latest reply of a dev about the progress in a closed sticky, so everyone can find it easily. Maybe it helps against the cry-topics about the subject made by mostly demo licensed persons..

Go to scawens profile and click "find recent posts"? ^^
He is not speaking for himself, read!
But no one reads stickies ^^

"finding" those posts is easy enough.
Quote from Raito :and include self-destroy mechanism inside that control unit

Obviously, If we wanted to complete this, I have a list.

-Lavender neon
-Jet black paint scheme with one red stripe on the right side
-Bunch of other cool "Ricer" Like details?
-And Bob Smith, So we can charge him for speeding!! Mwhahaha
-And tag along this Wenctoric character.. I dunno what we'd do with him, Maybe stealing or grand larceny

Watch my post get totally obliterated
Quote from Zen321 :He is speaking about the tyre physics, not the tyre textures.

Even though the tyre is textured with grooves, what you pick in the setup screen are different variations of a slick tyre, that work like the R2, R3 and R4 you pick on GTRs.

Really looks like he's talking about textures in this post:

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :huh? what freaking textures? I have changed nothing, the game is as I got it.

Quote from GeForz :Go to scawens profile and click "find recent posts"? ^^

No, it's not a solution. Those demo users don't even know there's such an option in the vBulletin forum at all.

Quote from VoiD :Just add this link to your bookmarks: http://www.lfsforum.net/search.php?do=finduser&u=43

I don't need that, again I wasn't speaking for myself. I'm browsing these forums oftenly enough, but I'm not really a replier on topics here.

Quote from DarkKostas :Asking always the same and same. Just wait. What difference will be if you know that he succeeded to do something? You still wont be able to "play" it. We know he is working on LFS, very hard and thats enough.

you are already doing a cry-post now

Why are you attacking immediately? I didn't ask anything at all. I said it would be useful to have his last update in a sticky.
You need to read before you reply, and stop being insulting within a few seconds.

try to look up these two words in your dictionary:
1. Proposal (what i did)
2. Question (What i didn't)

I did my proposal as a possible solution to stop the spamming threads. But apparently some people like to insult everyone immediately, even without understanding what was said. Like DarkKostas did in this case.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I'll never do a proposal against a problem again. Apparently there's no need for it and people like to keep those threads coming. Bye.
Quote from amp88 :Really looks like he's talking about textures in this post:

i believe he is saying that tyres feels like slicks even tho it got grooves
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I really hope that patch would fix few errors:

BMW Sauber F1.06 doesn't have slicks btw @ year of 2006

Quote from e.M :i believe he is saying that tyres feels like slicks even tho it got grooves

Hmmm.
Just a guess...

Vain
Attached images
BF1OnSlicks.png
Quote from Vain :Just a guess...

Vain

Ah, I see where we are now. OK, so it's a small bug in the interface.
you guys do realise that the grooved dry weather tyres were commonly called slicks in f1?
Quote from Shotglass :you guys do realise that the grooved dry weather tyres were commonly called slicks in f1?

Maybe in Finland they weren't? At least here the commentators just kept on calling them slicks.
I do recall them being called slicks here too... Atleast I consider them slick tyres.
Quote from Shotglass :you guys do realise that the grooved dry weather tyres were commonly called slicks in f1?

Of course. I don't want to get into another war on definitions, but I hope we can agree that "slick" is not the correct term for the grooved tyres. In official circles (the FIA and team's media releases, for example) they generally weren't referred to as "slicks" but "grooved tyres", "dry weather tyres" etc. Thus, in the official capacity (in the setup screen) the term "grooved" would probably be more correct than "slick". The fact that no-one (AFAIK) has mentioned this bug before means that the vast majority of the community hadn't even thought about "slick" perhaps not being a correct label.
By the way, for all those who still want to party the extremly fast progress of this game. Its been just 2 years since the scirocco got announced.

So throw a party or something. Finish it already, it's been about time. I honestly understand that it takes time but its been 730 days and all the community has got to see is about nothing. It would be at least nice to get some report on something. Remember you have got a huge community behind you three guys who have the patience and the trust in you so its about time to give them something back.
Quote from baSh0r :By the way, for all those who still want to party the extremly fast progress of this game. Its been just 2 years since the scirocco got announced.

So throw a party or something. Finish it already, it's been about time. I honestly understand that it takes time but its been 730 days and all we have is exactly: nothing. It would be at least nice to get some report on something. Remember you have got a huge community behind you three guys who have the patience and the trust in you so its about time to give them something back.

Have you read the thread a few pages ago Scawen posted a short update
He means progress worth reporting; by making it appear out of thin air.

Quote :its about time to give them something back.

This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG