The online racing simulator
Quote from G!NhO :It's a fwd car, do i need to say more?

Well if I remember correctly, Scawen once said LFS cars had to much understeer, but I could be wrong.
It's a fwd car, so no the understeer will not be gone.
Quote from G!NhO :It's a fwd car, so no the understeer will not be gone.

Yeah Gino, but the amounts of understeer it has, is actually pretty unrealistic, but nice to drive.
the reason why we have new tyre physics is becouse of scirocco understeer so fxo should have reduced undy too

LITHUANIA WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!
Quote from e.M :the reason why we have new tyre physics is becouse of scirocco understeer so fxo should have reduced undy too

Thanks for telling.

Quote :
LITHUANIA WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

And good luck with Lithuanians!
Emm were exactly this thread moved from lfs being in "limbo" development to a font war ?
Quote from justasimfan :Emm were exactly this thread moved from lfs being in "limbo" development to a font war ?

When people got their panties in a bunch..

Reducing understeer in the FXO would be great, I can't turn for shit with it.
Its amazing how a little change such as different font comparing to anothers and some need of being original turned into fonts n colours war + tons of sarcastic posts

... which means, soon we are comin back to the page 98 and the 'create one hundred pages' achievement will be gone :bananadea
Quote from TehPaws3D :Reducing understeer in the FXO would be great, I can't turn for shit with it.

don't drive so fast.
Trying to bring the discussion back to something sensible, what do people think Scawen will do with Scirocco stability control? I remember him saying it would be a good but simple version of the real deal. I'm guessing this means braking individual wheels to compensate for over or understeer? Should be fun to try but I wonder how many people will end up turning it off to try keep the power on and liven up the back end.

Would you use it in a race?
Quote from bunder9999 :don't drive so fast.

Then try and keep up with some of the faster drivers in LFS on Kyoto national, Then tell me not to drive fast.

No matter how slow or fast I drive, It doesn't matter to that car, It's like turning a block of rubber on wet ice, It just keeps going and going, Like the grip on the wheels dissapears.
Quote from TehPaws3D :No matter how slow or fast I drive, It doesn't matter to that car, It's like turning a block of rubber on wet ice, It just keeps going and going, Like the grip on the wheels dissapears.

You are probably pushing the throttle too much in the turns, don't floor it, be gentle and when the car is straightening from the turn, then floor it (or when you feel it's the right time, but not in the middle of the turn).

The car itself is quite OK imo, it's just about driving skills.
I thought things were actually going good with Scawen posting, but no...now it's all back to normal.

Terrible.
Quote from Mango Juice :I thought things were actually going good with Scawen posting, but no...now it's all back to normal.

Terrible.

He was not posting that the test patch will be released soon.
You guys have scared him away with all that offtopic crap
Quote from Mango Juice :I thought things were actually going good with Scawen posting, but no...now it's all back to normal.

Terrible.

Don't worry, he will talk again, when he has something to tell us, just be patient. I doubt he has any breathtaking news after week or two from his last post anyway. (E: 3 weeks after check, too little time )
Quote from TehPaws3D :Then try and keep up with some of the faster drivers in LFS on Kyoto national, Then tell me not to drive fast.

No matter how slow or fast I drive, It doesn't matter to that car, It's like turning a block of rubber on wet ice, It just keeps going and going, Like the grip on the wheels dissapears.

Locked Diff is the answer I think. Do not get setups from random strangers in South City - they are SIM pedos.
Quote from pasibrzuch :Locked Diff is the answer I think. Do not get setups from random strangers in South City - they are SIM pedos.

I never could of thought that man with the candy was a pedo! I have several sets from him! I feel so violated!

But.. I was using race S, Which.. Doesn't seem to be as good.. So use a locked diff or not?
Ah, the black art of diffs.

Locked diff - not good, but not too bad providing you don't want to go round tight corners and don't mind more wear. Typically fastest in LFS for very few laps.

Open diff - bad (the problem with the Vectra in the video a few posts back)

Viscous diff - simple, but not brilliant.

Clutch pack - the best LFS has, providing the settings are right. Getting said right settings is a pain. Commonly used as the centre diff in 4wd and drift cars.

Helical diff - (ie Quaife, the one used in the Focus RS) ideal mechanical racing diff as it gives the most torque to the wheel with the most grip. Unfortunately not (yet?) available in LFS.
locked diff 4eva
Quote from TehPaws3D :No matter how slow or fast I drive, It doesn't matter to that car, It's like turning a block of rubber on wet ice, It just keeps going and going, Like the grip on the wheels disappears.

Quote from Kid222 :You are probably pushing the throttle too much in the turns, don't floor it, be gentle and when the car is straightening from the turn, then floor it (or when you feel it's the right time, but not in the middle of the turn).

i wonder if front camber would help a little.

Quote from TehPaws3D :But.. I was using race S, Which.. Doesn't seem to be as good.. So use a locked diff or not?

this is a whole debate within lfs itself. everyone says locked diff is supposed to be slower in theory, but in lfs it's unrealistically better.
Quote from TehPaws3D :Then try and keep up with some of the faster drivers in LFS on Kyoto national, Then tell me not to drive fast.

Your probably turning in too fast or using too much turn or trying to take the corner too fast, depends on the car/setup etc.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG