The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
That's what I meant, eejit.

4 lanes combined, 2 lanes each way!
Bah, huMbug!
What the hell is with this 'humbug' lol...
Quote from zeugnimod :and produces a train of up to 30 or 40 cars.

the worst bit is of those 30-40 drivers absolutely none of them is able to see that the lorry is about to pull into the left lane and especially none of them is able to get a rythm going that ensures theres always a car right next to the lorry occupying the left lane to block him
Quote from AMB :What the hell is with this 'humbug' lol...

never watched/read A christmas carol?

/OT
that is indeed city driving, but there needs to be a little clarification. That is one of the freeways that are an integral part of every major city. If you are in the city, you will take one of the freeways that runs through it all the time. City streets look a little different : http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n_ML ... s1600/new+york+street.jpg
When I was in New York I watched my cabbies' spedometer hit 50+ mph on roads like this... friggin terrifying.

Semis usually travel at about 70 mph for fuel economy, but I have definitely seen 80mph semis, no question.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :that is indeed city driving, but there needs to be a little clarification. That is one of the freeways that are an integral part of every major city. If you are in the city, you will take one of the freeways that runs through it all the time. City streets look a little different : http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n_ML ... s1600/new+york+street.jpg
When I was in New York I watched my cabbies' spedometer hit 50+ mph on roads like this... friggin terrifying.

Semis usually travel at about 70 mph for fuel economy, but I have definitely seen 80mph semis, no question.

Dayum, that Mercedes is niiiice
Yup, they are called parkways and they are the way to travel from one side of the city to the other or enter and exit the city. And the reason you don't accelerate down the ramp to speed is because you are usually coming from a stop 30 feet out at a traffic light. Not enough distance to accelerate to the 70 mph the bumper to bumper traffic is running. In my Honda, that meant about 30 mph with the throttle on the floor by the time I am reaching the parkway to exit the city and enter 70+ mph traffic. Fun stuff.

This one in particular is really fun. How do you merge into traffic when you have a stop sign. This on is Pittsburgh.

Ha stop signs.

We started getting the red light green like BS and so far it's made the highways a complete mess. It's "supposed" to spread out people, but that kinda defeats the purpose when there is bumper to bumper non moving traffic right?

And then people are dumb enough to follow the lights.. so they stop when it's red, and go when it's green.. yet two car lengths ahead of them is the traffic of the highway and no one is moving..

then all the traffic goes into the streets and ugh it's a mess...

Thank god I haven't seen two idiots at those lights turn it into a drag race... yet...

lol doyal.. I know you know, but I am pretty sure that in that mercedes there is some old person, who hasn't realized the shocks are completely gone haha I hate it when people don't realize when the shocks are completely bad, did they think the back always bounced that much when they ran over a tiny stick or pebble??
Quote from XCNuse :
lol doyal.. I know you know, but I am pretty sure that in that mercedes there is some old person, who hasn't realized the shocks are completely gone haha I hate it when people don't realize when the shocks are completely bad, did they think the back always bounced that much when they ran over a tiny stick or pebble??

Maybe its been lowered? :s
thats a w126,it need rear accumulators.

btw there is an exit ramp from 287 10 feet from my shop, which merges onto rt 27. there is a yield sign at the end of ramp,there is an accident every fkin day here.
Quote from zeugnimod :I'm glad that I don't live there then.

Here, the biggest annoyance with truckers is when, on a 4 lane Autobahn, one driver is driving 102kph while the other one is driving 100kph and he decides to pass him which usually takes about 5 minutes and produces a train of up to 30 or 40 cars.

ahaha same in belgium

at some highways here, theres a no-passing law for trucks from 8am to 10pm or something like that.
doesnt stop them from doing it tho

oh and maximum speed for trucks is 90 here
Being in a hilly and mountainous area, my heart has to go out to the truckers trying to drive our highways. Many of them are limited by their companies to 65 mph, but not all of them. They are out around where I am running up and down long stretches of hills. When they hit the uphills, they slow down. If one limited at 65 is getting to the bottom of an uphill, the other guy doing 70 can't put the brakes on, he loses all his momentum. That would mean he'd end up slowing way down way too slow running up the hill. They have to keep it floored or else it would be even a bigger mess. So, if a truck is up ahead of me pulling to the left to pass another truck, I give him room to make the move. He's getting paid by the mile, I'm not on the job when I'm on the road. More power to him if he doesn't have to lift off because of another vehicle in front of him.
Historic Moment..
Attached images
06082010410.jpg
Quote from Fastwalker :ahaha same in belgium

ahhh belchum the only country with a highway system that can be seen from space
Quote from XCNuse :Not historic until it hits 80085... boobs

Gotta keep that one in mind for the S2000...
Finally i had some time to put my track pipe on. It became a long day since 3 bolts broke in the header,and they are threaded.(and i used torches.. still broke)
So i hade a nice day drilling,more drilling etc,but its up,it was worth it ! The gain is not huge,but noticable,and it does not sound any louder. and i thought its gonna be crazy loud

i will make a video with my camcorder,i only made pics with my phone.
Attached images
P140810_11.05.jpg
P140810_11.05_[01].jpg
went for a drive with a mate fri night, Jza80 supra
Me, My best mate, his gf, and the driver
Wet roads, Fog, and a hill run made for interesting times considering the supra is so tail happy under boost

Came into a hairpin, me and my best mate were like "careful, it goes in easy but tightens up badly on the exit"
he still went in way too fast, back end slides out, he wasnt ready for it so he did a massive tank slapper, almost nailed a curb

then driving down the highway in third he plants in, back end starts to creep to the left, my best mate and his gf and going FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU in the back as the car is sliding sideways down the highway aiming at the trees hahaha

it was even funnier because there was nothing for them to grab onto in the back, atleast i had a jesus handle to hang onto :P
Quote from Klutch :went for a drive with a mate fri night, Jza80 supra
Me, My best mate, his gf, and the driver
Wet roads, Fog, and a hill run made for interesting times considering the supra is so tail happy under boost

Came into a hairpin, me and my best mate were like "careful, it goes in easy but tightens up badly on the exit"
he still went in way too fast, back end slides out, he wasnt ready for it so he did a massive tank slapper, almost nailed a curb

then driving down the highway in third he plants in, back end starts to creep to the left, my best mate and his gf and going FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU in the back as the car is sliding sideways down the highway aiming at the trees hahaha

it was even funnier because there was nothing for them to grab onto in the back, atleast i had a jesus handle to hang onto :P

it's the "post your car"" thread not the "post the idiotic things you did on public roads" thread
*shrug*

its car talk, still relevant to the thread in my eyes :3
Quote from Luke.S :it's the "post your car"" thread not the "post the idiotic things you did on public roads" thread

i bet you cant do these things in 0.9l KIA
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG