The online racing simulator
my bet was right! Way to go North Korea!

Hell I won enough to buy myself a PS3 !!
Quote from Intrepid :England can't play the passing game. They just don't have the technique. What England can do is route one. We should embrace it

Big defence... and hoof it son!

Aye I know this is the usual strategy, but we can only wish it changes for the better...
Get some confidence, you English people.

You really think you won't beat Algeria and Slowenia?
Brazil sucked.

Either they really do suck, which I think. Or perhaps it is just too cold for them.
Quote from Lible :Brazil sucked.

How?

Looking at the other matches, they were still one of the best teams.
Quote from zeugnimod :Get some confidence, you English people.

You really think you won't beat Algeria and Slowenia?

I think we'll beat them, it's just the matches after that :P
Quote from zeugnimod :How?

Looking at the other matches, they were still one of the best teams.

I've been working a lot so I've seen only a few matches but Brazil wasn't very good. The first goal was a goalie mistake, the defense was soft and there were very few cases of brilliance (second goal). Overall you would expect better from Brazil against such an opponent (N. Korea played well in defence but still). If what you're saying is true then most of the big teams suck this year.
Quote from spacedskunk :I think we'll beat them, it's just the matches after that :P

Oh, ok. Then, I agree with you. Especially, if you come 2nd in your group.

Quote from Kalev EST :I've been working a lot so I've seen only a few matches but Brazil wasn't very good. The first goal was a goalie mistake, the defense was soft and there were very few cases of brilliance (second goal). Overall you would expect better from Brazil against such an opponent (N. Korea played well in defence but still). If what you're saying is true then most of the big teams suck this year.

Most of the big teams DID suck. Germany, Argentina and Brazil were the only teams that didn't disappoint. IMO.

The World Cup as a whole sucked so far. There hasn't been one "classic" match yet and so many matches end with only 1 or 2 goals. I really hope it will get better in the KO rounds.
I think (or I'm hoping) it'll get a lot better in the next round of games. Nobody wants to lose their first match, which is why they've all been so cagey.
Quote from zeugnimod :How?

By struggling to get past the defense of one of the weakest teams in the tournament? (no offence to the North Koreans, but the team is quite weak).

What pisses me off is their attitude. Like "oh we can win whenever we want so I can do whatever I please now". Robinho was trying, moving around and all. Kaká was abysmal. Same about "the fabulous". Heh. And suffering a goal, come on!

If that's all we got, it's better to leave now.
Quote from Intrepid :The vuvuzelas get a big thumbs up from me.... anything to cover up this dross we have to deal with during England games http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6mMP5Gm_To

I love the fact they are playing a song about American soldiers escaping a POW camp. Retards. Yey lets play the theme to an American movie to support our ENGLISH football team!

On a more important note, GO NORTH KOREA, they lost in reality, but in spirit and effort, they won in my eyes, they played football like it used to be played, they didn't go to ground unecessarily and they just played football as it was intended to be played. With some bloody balls.

but I do agree entirely with De Souza, Korea were excellent no doubt about it, but Brazil looked lacklustre. They could of ended the game much sooner than they did. Maybe it was a case of them assuming North Korea would be an easy game and didn't want to push themselves but I'm glad that Korea made a damn good effort, it's just a damn shame that they got such a sucky group, but with the way Portugal played against Cóte D'Ivoire I wouldn't put it past North Korea to beat them. I will support them til they get ousted.

Can't wait for Hondouras V Chile tomorrow!
North Korea Brazil was actually a pretty good game... but by far the best part of it was hearing the announcers make fun of the North Korean propoganda...
according to the national team coach, Kim Jong Il himself built an invisible phone to phone in tactical changes to the coach. Add this to the North Korean players being amazed by one of their teammates' cellular phones (I think he plays in Russia? unlike the vast majority of the team), and it seems rather unlikely... one of the US announcers (paraphrasing here): 'It does sound unlikely, but then again, remember that this is the guy that shot 38 under par the first time he ever played a round of golf...'

there are rumors that the 'North Korean fans' are not North Koreans, because nobody has been allowed to leave the country. The rumor is that they are in fact paid Chinese actors, who are being paid to cheer for North Korea.
Also, North Korean games will not be broadcast in North Korea unless they are North Korean victories. I wouldn't put it past them to edit out the two Brazilian goals, and broadcast it as a victory with North Korean commentary...
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :
The rumor is that they are in fact paid Chinese actors, who are being paid to cheer for North Korea.

I heard this on British TV too.
Kaka's dive was seriously pathetic
Cristiano Ronaldo's dives were seriously pathetic.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :North Korea Brazil was actually a pretty good game... but by far the best part of it was hearing the announcers make fun of the North Korean propoganda...
according to the national team coach, Kim Jong Il himself built an invisible phone to phone in tactical changes to the coach. Add this to the North Korean players being amazed by one of their teammates' cellular phones (I think he plays in Russia? unlike the vast majority of the team), and it seems rather unlikely... one of the US announcers (paraphrasing here): 'It does sound unlikely, but then again, remember that this is the guy that shot 38 under par the first time he ever played a round of golf...'

there are rumors that the 'North Korean fans' are not North Koreans, because nobody has been allowed to leave the country. The rumor is that they are in fact paid Chinese actors, who are being paid to cheer for North Korea.
Also, North Korean games will not be broadcast in North Korea unless they are North Korean victories. I wouldn't put it past them to edit out the two Brazilian goals, and broadcast it as a victory with North Korean commentary...

Thats pathetic.
Ya'll are pathetic, I'm just sayin'.
Quote from Blas89 :Ya'll are pathetic, I'm just sayin'.

What kind of contribution to a thread is THAT?
Must admit I just loved it how the commentators kept talking about Brazil, Brazil, Brazil in the beginning of the game - everything Brazil did was brilliant and North Koreans were just 'let trough'.

A real shame about the goalkeeper mistake. That's why youngsters usually aren't goalkeepers at World Cup.
OMG de gebroeders ko....

They always make songs about the most uselss things lol.
Lol Honduras vs Chile

Next thrilling match will be Spain vs Suisse in about 2 hours
Chile is quite offensive.

What a save!
I wouldnt mind one of those world cup balls, they look so much more interesting then normal ones. Like the ones made for Germany, and funky designed and stuff

And well done Chile

Lets bring on Spain vs Switzerland

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG