The online racing simulator
guy was a liar - nuff said....
Quote from CoolColJ :guy was a liar - nuff said....

Aww man. Just when I was hoping to see wet interiors.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
GT5 the best game! ever!.
GT5 is WIN ! Im very love FAN GT !.

I was play: GT,GT2,GT3,GT4,GT5p, and wait new GT5!.
OK. Good for you.
Quote from GT4_PL :GT5 is WIN ! Im very love FAN GT !.

I was play: GT,GT2,GT3,GT4,GT5p, and wait new GT5!.

You didn't play GT4p.
oh i forget! add GT4p xD
And what about GT:Concept Tokyo-Geneva 2002? I liked that one a lot. It was like a refined GT3 (in terms of physics).
roll-down windows, wipers ... how many buttons does a PS3 controller have?
Quote from ACCAkut :roll-down windows, wipers ... how many buttons does a PS3 controller have?

Loads:
http://playstationfeed.com/gra ... -5-release-date-unveiled/

Quote :UK online retailers CDWOW and Play have both stepped out and listed a release date for the long overdue racing simulation game Gran Turismo 5, on the product page you’ll find that the game is currently available for Pre-order and you’ll also see Gran Turismo 5 is Due for release on 24/09/2010.
We all knew this is the year for GT5, Polyphony confirmed the game will make it’s debute this fall but like always we were kept in the Dark about the Exact release date but now with two retailers spilling the beans this could be the real deal, well it wouldn’t be the first time retailers outed an official release date.
But with the long history of delays we can’t be certain until Polyphony comes out and confirms the release date, although it looks pretty promising to have retailers show the exact same release date but one thing for sure is that Gran Turismo 5 is coming out this year.
Regardless the release date we will definitely get our hands on the racing sim, GT5 is set to be one of the biggest PlayStation 3 exclusives, according to a recent study 33% of people who plan on buying GT5 don’t own a PS3 console. Which just goes to show the level of demand.

C'mon Cool Cool, after that 'rain going inside the car' debacle you should know better about posting stuff like this. That means nothing, let's wait for some official release..
Quote from Boris Lozac :C'mon Cool Cool, after that 'rain going inside the car' debacle you should know better about posting stuff like this. That means nothing, let's wait for some official release..

yes but a Sony exec also let a September release window slip out a while back, so it just might be true

don't know if this has ever been posted here before, but it details how PD replicates the cars

http://jalopnik.com/238136/fro ... scanned-into-gran-turismo

Quote :The key to the binary reproduction of the Corvette came in a box with a crew of two. In a darkened room a thin red beam of light shot from the box across the up on the rack Corvette, and relayed data through a three-quarter inch data cable snaking from the back of the black box on a tripod. Art and son Craig Morrison were both amazed.

"The first scan they did was the underside of the car. They did a pan of the chassis. As they were scanning it, in real time, there was a 3-D wireframe model being built of the car on the screen. You could actually see the relationship between the body mounts and the floor. You could see the exhaust and the clearance that the exhaust had. You could see the tread pattern on the tires, the horns, and all the fasteners holding those in place, the whole chassis, the headers, the oil pan - everything", said Craig.
After the bottom half of the car was scanned in the rack was dropped and the interior transferred into binary for a complete 3-D model.

"It was bizzare. A red line swept across the interior. It was sort of a spacey type of a deal. The room was somewhat dimly lit, and you would see this red line sweep across - bzzzzzzzzt. As soon as it finished it was producing a 3d wireframe model to scale on the screen", said Art.

When the scan was complete a full 3d model of the car was soon rotating around on the computer screen. With a click or two of the mouse the entire car began unfolding in three dimensions on a screen in front of Art and Craig's eyes. To fill in the wireframe back at GTHD central a four-person crew took video and still imagery of the car.
"They took video of me going through the gears, and the starting sequence of the car. Turning the wheel. Setting the e-brake. Pulling the hood release. Hi-beam Lo-beam. Everything." said Craig.

While the binary crew is likely to come along for some more work when the Vette goes out for track testing in April of 2007, the method in which actual car handling translates into accurate gameplay remains mysterious. Art Morrison asked the digital crew a question from an analog chassis builder perspective. "Obviously an F1 car handles better than a Toyota Corolla, but how do you make it handle better on the screen"?

The answer will remain a secret, but as the Gran Tursimo faithful know the cars on the screen really do handle like their genuine counterparts. To insure the car handles as it should the Project Manager on hand promised an advance digital copy of the Corvette to Art and Craig for an in-game handling test. Astounding is that it will likely take more hours to reproduce the digital version of the Corvette for Gran Turismo than did building the analog nuts and bolts version.
"They have a crew of 40 people that are going to spend the next six months building our car for the game. That's the amount of detail", said Craig.

PD usually needs the car's stats and measurements, and engine details etc to get the car to work like it should in the physics engine. You would have thought they would be asking the people behind it for the data
Quote from Boris Lozac :C'mon Cool Cool, after that 'rain going inside the car' debacle you should know better about posting stuff like this. That means nothing, let's wait for some official release..

The mind boogles, I find myself agreeing with Boris!
Quote from danowat :The mind boogles, I find myself agreeing with Boris!

Offcourse you do, i'm always right..

I'm loving the main menu btw

Can i just ask where this "rain going inside the car" subject came from? It sounds like you're saying it came from CoolColJ's "insider" quote, but i can only see he says about the rain droplets on the windshield casting shadows onto the dash inside...
Quote from GFresh :Can i just ask where this "rain going inside the car" subject came from? It sounds like you're saying it came from CoolColJ's "insider" quote, but i can only see he says about the rain droplets on the windshield casting shadows onto the dash inside...

Read again There's a part about windows scrolling down, and rain going in..
Heh, i see it now, that must be the fifth time i've read through it to find it, haha
Quote from Boris Lozac :Offcourse you do, i'm always right..

I'm loving the main menu btw

You can see it in motion here. The rims on the NSX are lush!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KiSWJYltkw

I'm guessing it might be like the home page in Prologue, except you can choose a few of your favourite cars and it display it like that
Quote from CoolColJ :You can see it in motion here. The rims on the NSX are lush!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KiSWJYltkw

I'm guessing it might be like the home page in Prologue, except you can choose a few of your favourite cars and it display it like that

Just about to post that, i'm loving this, looks awesome, and i was also about to say, that i'm hoping this garage will be 'your' cars, depending on which you drive the most often etc..
-
-
-
(speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
-
Quote from brandons48 :
Why are those crap little cars even in this game?

because someone might own it in real life, and want to drive, race and mod it

that's what makes Gran Turismo tick.....

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG