The online racing simulator
Quote from Furiously-Fast : The development speed is worse than LFS's.

With like 100x times bigger content...
Stop this nonsense comparsion.
And probably couple hundred more people working on it....

/coat
LFS is developed by 3 people and is LOADS cheaper. It has also become a community. Stop whinging about the LFS development speed PLEASE.
I aint whining. I am just countering Devil's statement that GT5 has 100x times more content than LFS, by saying "but its also probably developed by couple hundred more people".
I'm talking about DEVIL 007.
Quote from shaun463 :I'm talking about DEVIL 007.

He never said nothing wrong about LFS's development speed. He simply said it's a stupid comparision, which it is!

Go play with your trainset child, and stay away from the big boy's discussion.
*whistles*

Ugh, were is a whistling smiliey when you need one?
Quote from DevilDare :I aint whining. I am just countering Devil's statement that GT5 has 100x times more content than LFS, by saying "but its also probably developed by couple hundred more people".

There are actually only about 70 people working on Gran Turismo iirc. That's including people who are in charge of small things like the "music data manager" and the creator of the menu music.
Well I just took a wild guess.
Quote from Gills4life :There are actually only about 70 people working on Gran Turismo iirc. That's including people who are in charge of small things like the "music data manager" and the creator of the menu music.

You know just about anything from GT5!
Quote from G!NhO :You know just about anything from GT5!

I bet he doesn't know the release date!
Quote from Furiously-Fast :I bet he doesn't know the release date!

We will never see its release because the world is ending in 2012 apparently.
But still you must consider that their budget is probably epic compared to what the devs run on.
Quote from Gills4life :We will never see its release because the world is ending in 2012 apparently.

Now you shouldn't talk down the London Olympics like that, they're putting in a lot of hard work.
Quote from MR_B :Now you shouldn't talk down the London Olympics like that, they're putting in a lot of hard work.

Who are? No one even gives a toss about it.
There is supposed to be a demo released on the 17th, right?
17th. PSN updates (in N.A. atleast) are thursdays.
Demo details

Looks a little "lite" for a demo, but meh, I'll DL it anyways, if only to see how the physics have improved from GT5p.
Quote from danowat :Demo details

Looks a little "lite" for a demo, but meh, I'll DL it anyways, if only to see how the physics have improved from GT5p.

It's not a classic demo, it's purpose is for that GT academy competition..
1 CAR?!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ****, I HOPE THEY WILL ATLEAST PUT 4 CARS IN GT5 NEXT YEAR!!
a
Wow, 2 cars... well, really just 1, 1 track and time trial. Very limited if you ask me. But then again, it is better than nothing.
Another fun tidbit:

For the North Americans.. there's a Canadian and American time-trial event... both for VIP packs to Indy500.
Quote :This demo was specifically designed for the GT5 Time Trial Challenge to challenge racing fans to master every straight-away, corner and bump of the track. We want to use this demo to find out who are the best racers in both the US and Canada. We also created this demo to showcase the realism of the brand new physics engine which is constantly improving before GT5 releases.

As Gran Turismo fans know, our GT games let you select between standard or professional driving physics and adjust a multitude of driving assists, but to make this a real "challenge" for all you racing fans, the GT5 demo has professional driving physics, and many of the assists are disabled. But don't worry. Even if this demo seems challenging, you'll be able to turn on some of those extra assists and enjoy GT5's 950 cars, its new and improved online racing, and several other features we have yet to disclose when it comes out.

http://blog.us.playstation.com ... allenge-starts-this-week/
I love how people are only now getting worked up over something which was public knowledge about 2 weeks ago.

Its a demo, for the purpose of getting drivers in for the GT Academy, that is the sole reason for this coming out it would seem. Its not a free game with a dozen tracks and cars, its a DEMO and its free ffs.

If people are going to bitch about things, can they at least keep up to date on these things, because it'd be handy if all the whiney folk could congregate for 1 day, get it out of their system, and we can all quickly forget about you instead of every day having someone moan about things from weeks ago.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG