The online racing simulator
Ohh Please scawen, Set it up for the last meeting of BTCC And laser scan Brands hatch A Fox and Brands hatch will do me for the rest of my life.
scipy <3
Thank you for keeping us posted!
Scawen: I hope it's not a rude question, but how much does the laser scanning of the whole track, like Rockingham, cost?
Thanks for the reply Scawen, will read up more about this process
Maybe this helps people wanting to know more about laser scanning:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_scanner

Anyway, I'm glad the whole S1/2/3 thing is clear now (at least for me) it is just to make clear how much of the available content you can use, not the 'stage' the game is in. So now we can all stfu about it

Well LFS doesn't run on my laptop anymore.. something with crossover got screwed when i updated to 10.6.. but i'll be getting a S3 license as soon as it's available.. and I'm saving money to get me a proper 'gaming-rig' so i can actually play lfs the way it's supposed to be..
send version demo to my team for go testing Lol.

My english not good.
Quote from yuen_drifter :send version demo to my team for go testing Lol.

My english not good.

Neither is your brain
amazing........
Quote from yuen_drifter :send version demo to my team for go testing Lol.

My english not good.

I just lol'd my soul out!
was a joke, enderly angry
Quote from Sponge :
Well LFS doesn't run on my laptop anymore.. something with crossover got screwed when i updated to 10.6.. but i'll be getting a S3 license as soon as it's available.. and I'm saving money to get me a proper 'gaming-rig' so i can actually play lfs the way it's supposed to be..

Sponge, Crossover would have borked up because of X11 being changed/updated. If you wait and watch the Crossover site, there should be an update soon enough that will fix it.

EDIT: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXOfficeMissingX11 ... Maybe that's the issue you have?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Sponge, Crossover would have borked up because of X11 being changed/updated. If you wait and watch the Crossover site, there should be an update soon enough that will fix it.

EDIT: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXOfficeMissingX11 ... Maybe that's the issue you have?

I tried.. but i'll retry thnx

edit:
it runs again.. but very low fps.. even in singleplayer pretty much unplayable
Scipy, I want to have your babies. :lovies3d:

What's this about an update? :sleep2:
Quote from Scawen :One thing we discussed was the possibility of just calling the software "Live for Speed 0.6A" and forget about the Alpha / Beta tag.

Good decision, it's finally time to make this step after 4 years of alpha.
Quote from Scawen :One thing we discussed was the possibility of just calling the software "Live for Speed 0.6A" and forget about the Alpha / Beta tag. It's very stable software so doesn't really need those tags.

I always assumed that it was alpha because it didn't have all the desired features implemented. Since there's countless things that can still be added I figured alpha would stick around for years, then we'd be in beta for all of two weeks since you fix bugs as you go.

Alpha - not all features implemented
Beta - not all bugs fixed
haha, scipy. That's what I also did on that Tyre physics forum.. They are gonna hunt you!

Dont worry, Scawen is having another baby we can wait like um, another year for some fixes.

Forget about these barries, who hits them anyway
Thanks for explaining Scawen. Would be nice if you could also tell is Rockingham comming in the same patch as Scirocco and Tyres does.

Quote from Scawen :S1, S2, S3 and so on

Do you mean there is a possibility of S4 content or even S5?
Quote from Amynue :
Do you mean there is a possibility of S4 content or even S5?

:O
Dam
And there is goes, First we though that it will have only 3 stages etc etc. Now were gonna pay up for more. I hope that those stages will contain good stuff..
Quote from Takumi_lfs :And there is goes, First we though that it will have only 3 stages etc etc. Now were gonna pay up for more. I hope that those stages will contain good stuff..

Nobody forces you to pay. Take care
Quote from Takumi_lfs :And there is goes, First we though that it will have only 3 stages etc etc. Now were gonna pay up for more. I hope that those stages will contain good stuff..

if so, financing model would gonna change - 'cos the game will be more and more expensive for newbies and all the old users will agree with that situation but it is future
Quote from SkyNet :Scawen: I hope it's not a rude question, but how much does the laser scanning of the whole track, like Rockingham, cost?

It takes a lot of time.... i worked for a german company for a few weeks where we scanned a bridge for static purpose. only this bridge took about 1 day to scan and the engineer i asked meant that it takes much hours to create a 3d model only of a bridge
so figure out how long it takes for a whole race track, additional texturing and all lfs related thingys.
i think it took several months, because the devs are only three and they cant use only the scanned model, it would have too much details... so the had to make it good for the game so that it runs smooth in game at a high detail grade

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG