The online racing simulator
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I'm not getting impatient, really. I just cant understand why the fk it takes so long.

Sounds like impatience to me.

It takes so long because they want their product to be as good as it can be, wouldn't you? In real life, would you drive a car that was only half built properly, where they decided to miss out a few bolts so that it takes less time. No? You wouldn't.

If the speed of development bothers you, then go away and make your own game, rather than bitching about other people's.
Quote from spiderbait90 :Sounds like impatience to me.

It takes so long because they want their product to be as good as it can be, wouldn't you? In real life, would you drive a car that was only half built properly, where they decided to miss out a few bolts so that it takes less time. No? You wouldn't.

If the speed of development bothers you, then go away and make your own game, rather than bitching about other people's.

Here goes another fanboy. Hate them.. Why dont you just wipe your ass and leave those who are "impatient" alone. Why even bother to reply to us. Goddamn, YES we're inpatient. Does that make you win?
you can say whatever you want, as long as it's in a normal and polite manner. You're not doing that atm.
Let me explain it, Victor. How come we are always getting hunted by fanboys. Why arent there any normal persons left here. They all left us with kids. The way they handle "inpatient" members isnt acceptable, and you guys are just doing nothing. Everyday people are having war with eachother here, What are the mods doing in the meantime?

Most of the members here are just making names to themself, Why bother to talk to them then? They cant act serious.

I'm sorry that I turned this thread totally Offtopic, but anyway. Lets not make a war here. This forum and community is here to help eachother.

I'm sorry again.
lol, this is the first time I saw this topic..

Nice to know what's going on.

Keep it up and we'll see.
I kinda agree with Takumi. This forum is filled with fanboys, that won't take it if somebody's talking "bad" about lfs or its developers. There's so many ass kissers here it's just pathetic. This has to be one of the unfriendliest comunity forums I have ever seen! And that's the reason why I'm staying away from it, because if you speak your mind, you will get trashed.

As for the slow development...I stopped caring a long time ago. It's their game, their work, they chose how and when they do it.
And for the tyre physics news, I'm looking forward to it and I sincerely hope it will make FO8 a much more driveable and enjoyable car

Anyways, I'm off topic here, so feel free to move/edit/delete my post
Im sorry you think im a 'fanboy', but its not something I am going to loose sleep over.

I bought the game for what it already had, not what it would have in the future.

My post could have been worded better, and I appologise that you find it 'un-acceptable', but it looks ok in my eyes.

Games development takes a long time, and by the sounds of it, Scawen has re-written a few years worth of code. Maybe you should be encouraging him rather than asking a question which has been asked about 200 times already?, that's what im saying.

I am not 'ass licking', but they are giving this update for free [to S1 & S2 users], perhaps they should be getting a little more praise as apposed to the questions about development speed.

Im sure Scawen will release the patch as soon as it is ready, and tested and bug free. He isn't sitting here laughing at us bickering over it, lets face it, he isn't that mean.
Quote from SkyNet :I kinda agree with Takumi. This forum is filled with fanboys, that won't take it if somebody's talking "bad" about lfs or its developers. There's so many ass kissers here it's just pathetic. This has to be one of the unfriendliest comunity forums I have ever seen! And that's the reason why I'm staying away from it, because if you speak your mind, you will get trashed.

As for the slow development...I stopped caring a long time ago. It's their game, their work, they chose how and when they do it.

And I kind of agree with you. I can't even see anyone with a friendly mood. Everyone here just seems to be negative to whatever you post. They usually find a sentence or word that could be understood differently and take that and point it back to you as a gun so you will be trapped!

I am not aiming at a spesific person by the way. This is my general idea about this forum. And it feels good to see that I am not the only one that thinks this way.
Quote from SkyNet :This forum is filled with fanboys, that won't take it if somebody's talking "bad" about lfs or its developers. There's so many ass kissers here it's just pathetic.

Aren't we allowed to love (yes, not to like, but to love) LFS ?? That's not "ass kissing". It is just to show to developpers our feeling about the game.

If you're moaning all the time, it will affect the motivation of scawen, victor and eric in a bad way. That's not what you want, right?

So let's just assume that there are guys who enjoy playing lfs, and like to show and tell it to devs. As simple as that

edit : For example, if I say something bad about one of you're family member, wouldn't you defend him/her ? It's the same situation here (no, the devs are not members of my family lol ^^)
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I'm not getting impatient, really. I just cant understand why the fk it takes so long.

Let me ask you this: Have you ever programmed anything of significance, much less something of LFS' complexity? If no, why do you think you're in any position to evaluate whether the time it's taken to get to this point is reasonable or not? Honest question. What experience are you basing your "too long" opinion on?

As a programmer myself I can't even imagine programming something of this complexity in the time Scawen has done it. It's a truly staggering piece of work, and something for which he should be given a lot of credit. To expect a completely new tire model to be researched, developed, tested and tweaked in less time than it has currently taken is complete madness, and to me a dead give away that you're arguing from complete ignorance.
I don't normally mix in with the speed of progress discussions, but i was just reading a great BSD vs Linux article where the author wrote this (*) :

Quote :The difference [between BSD and Linux] can also be seen in the way core code is integrated. BSD tends to always shy away from hackish solutions when there's even a hint of a proper solution in the wings. The theory is that it's far easier to wait for the clean answer, than to integrate the dirty answer now, for several reasons. For one thing, if you integrate the dirty answer, that reduces the incentive to implement a better one. For another, once you dirty up the architecture to integrate something it'll never get cleaned up again. You know it as well as I do. Oh, sure, you'll say it's temporary. But you know there's nothing quite as permanent as a temporary stop-gap. And things grow. The only way to avoid giving a mile is to refuse to give the first inch. It's just like taxes; when was the last time you saw a temporary tax that ever went away?

I think that's a very good way of describing why you don't get LFS updates every couple of weeks, but why it normally takes longer and this time it takes extra long because there's a big change going on under the hood.

Does it stink that it takes so long? Sure.
Is there anything that can be done to speed it up? No.
Why does it take long? Because LFS is a quality product developed by 1 programmer.

So we can only ask for patience and understanding. Both from those who think it takes too long and from those that are annoyed by those who think it takes too long.
For us it's unfortunate to see both. But to be honest I'm not sure what we can do to make everyone happy. Maybe this post can bring some understanding again at least. And you can rest assured LFS will still be around for a while, constantly being further developed.

* link to quoted article
Quote from Victor : Maybe this post can bring some understanding again at least. And you can rest assured LFS will still be around for a while, constantly being further developed.

* link to quoted article

That was well put, and I hope people will get to read this. You may have to make your post appear to be the permanently-latest post so that people will read it after 4 more pages and on.
#538 - Dac
to quote Murray Walker..... Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnntastic!!!!!!
Quote from Takumi_lfs :
12 month's -(minus) 3-4 month's is 9 or 8. Oh come on. You can guys wait longer for the patch, because scawen is gonna have another kid of course. In the meanwhile I recommend you guys playing HL2 or something, model the devs ingame and kill them.

There are 4 type of people on this forum(i might miss some more ):
-fanboys(they are ok, if they are polite)
-neutral(they don't care)
-rational(they give constructive criticism, but they do not moan)
-moaners(agressive moaners are the worst )

In my personal opinion You are no better than those typical fanboys... You are not giving constructive criticism, You are saying over and over again the same stuff, You are abusive(model the devs ingame and kill them... yyy... even having such an idea is rude, or having fun of the way Scawen works(he is making another baby!? It might be considered a joke, but it's still rude)). I'm sorry, but to me You are equal to those guys saying "gtfo of here if You don't like the way devs work".

In times when good sims are rare, and independent devs(like Scawen) who are commited to their work for 5-6 years are even rarer, it's nice that LFS is living. Although we might not like how devs work, or how "rare" are the patches, we need to know that without paying anything we still get them, even such a BIG ones like big physics revision. They said that S3 will definitely be released! Yeah... it might be 2010, 2012... 2020? Don't know, but i don't see any affordable sim which is really good in physics department to be released on PC soon(Forza 3 might be interesting... but it's only on the XBox).

Furthermore... think a little about them, and not You(and if You will think a little more, You will notice that thinking about them might benefit You!). Remember, they can stop working on LFS anytime, and Your posts are not helping their motivation. They like they way they work, they will not change it, and Your posts are nothing more to them than irritation, and irritation is not a pleasant thing. So, if You want to motivate them... don't make fun of them(Scawen and the baby), and if You can't change Your behaviour... then better do not post at all.

Btw. Oh... sh**... now i've joined the fight .
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Let me explain it, Victor. How come we are always getting hunted by fanboys. Why arent there any normal persons left here. They all left us with kids. The way they handle "inpatient" members isnt acceptable, and you guys are just doing nothing. Everyday people are having war with eachother here, What are the mods doing in the meantime?

Most of the members here are just making names to themself, Why bother to talk to them then? They cant act serious.

I'm sorry that I turned this thread totally Offtopic, but anyway. Lets not make a war here. This forum and community is here to help eachother.

I'm sorry again.

Labeling people is the first reason you get "hunted". Nobody likes labels and calling people who defend the LFS development paradigm in a logical and reasonable fashion "fanboys" is guaranteed to get a response. Secondly, we do get sick of seeing the "when can I have..." posts. So, yeah, you're going to get flatblasted.

You're trying to get everybody to agree that you're right that things are taking too long, so yes, you're right, things are taking too long. Nobody is happy about that. But some of us understand the why behind the process. We don't like the time it takes, but we understand and we appreciate the results that we eventually get out of it. Quality takes time.

If you fail to understand that, or you fail to read the many threads on this subject, or if you just want your figgy pudding now, then don't blame the moderators if you get yelled at.
Like I said, We shouldnt make war here, Were are One community. Members are here to help each other like I also said before but oh no, there are more fanboys coming toward us (like we didnt have enough of them). There is totally no point in what we are discussing right now.
Personaly I dont want any new patch :arge:
LFS is perfect as it is now
Quote from Hallen :Labeling people is the first reason you get "hunted". Nobody likes labels and calling people who defend the LFS development paradigm in a logical and reasonable fashion "fanboys" is guaranteed to get a response. Secondly, we do get sick of seeing the "when can I have..." posts. So, yeah, you're going to get flatblasted.

You're trying to get everybody to agree that you're right that things are taking too long, so yes, you're right, things are taking too long. Nobody is happy about that. But some of us understand the why behind the process. We don't like the time it takes, but we understand and we appreciate the results that we eventually get out of it. Quality takes time.

If you fail to understand that, or you fail to read the many threads on this subject, or if you just want your figgy pudding now, then don't blame the moderators if you get yelled at.

Everything has been said. Good job
Yeah, sry , let's make love not war .
I don't understand how you can take the time to resapond to a question which no-one cares about but not respond to some of the serious questions regarding the new tyre physics... Ofcourse were going to be curious, if we can't have a go on it, we want to know more about it, my reason for this is its probably going to be more months before we get a release otherwise you'd have just kept quite and not released that update, yes im happy that lfs is still progressing but that worries me a little about how much more time it will take, i think your starting to push us a little too far, this can be seen by the number of active users. Were all fed up and bored of waiting and your not doing anything to help.
Pearcy, is that aimed at Victor?

I guess you just saw red letters, I don't think Victor knows details about tire physics and implementation(ing?) it into LFS
Quote from Byku :let's make love

Wait, what?

But seriously these wars have got to stop. Fanboys, just accept everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I don't understand how you can take the time to resapond to a question which no-one cares about but not respond to some of the serious questions regarding the new tyre physics... Ofcourse were going to be curious, if we can't have a go on it, we want to know more about it, my reason for this is its probably going to be more months before we get a release otherwise you'd have just kept quite and not released that update, yes im happy that lfs is still progressing but that worries me a little about how much more time it will take, i think your starting to push us a little too far, this can be seen by the number of active users. Were all fed up and bored of waiting and your not doing anything to help.

Victor = The web guy.

I dont really think he's really qualified to answer questions about tyre physics.
Quote from Victor :And you can rest assured LFS will still be around for a while, constantly being further developed.

All I need to hear ... Anyone in for a race?
Quote from Jakg :Victor = The web guy.

I dont really think he's really qualified to answer questions about tyre physics.

What so he can't answer if its faster or slower?

I still think they've ruined a large part of lfs just by the way they've handled this update, at this rate its certainly going to die a painfull death, yet they want to continue in this cycle of doing it when they want as slow as they want, if we have to wait a year for any major updates, sooner or later everyone will show the middle finger and i don't think they're taking this seriously at all.
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG