The online racing simulator
Quote from S14 DRIFT :LOL

NICE! Me wanty an M4 full system! Very very nice my friend! How's the SV going, with the Gixer front end and all that?

Not gonna lie. The M4 full system is, in a word, badass.

Got the shock and shock reservoir mounted, too. My rotor mounting bolts should be arriving tomorrow, so then I can get started on the front brake system. Then all I have to do is make sure everything I touched is torqued to spec and I'm ready for the trackday weekend.
The M4 is indeed tooooo niiiiiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...Nice to hear it's all coming along nicely! Can't wait to see it personally.

Well, maybe. Order was confirmed, then they said there's a problem with it but with no details. Hope to have it sorted later today.
Quote from BigPeBe :Good thing I'm not addicted to energy drinks.

Only to coffee.

BTW for the sake of not getting too OT. Last friday I bought oil & oil filter, air filter, plugs & plug leads and a cambelt & tensioner.

theres the problem, im addicted to both so i really need to stop drinking one of them
I bought these 7 games for about £65, so averagely each game cost just under a tenner.

why did you buy FIFA 08 why not FIFA 09?
Thought I`d treat myself to one of these, since I`m getting too old and grumpy to be arsed sawing anything by hand anymore.
Attached images
handsawingmyarse.jpg
Quote from Ssr_Nick :Brilliant tires.. just horrible on the road!

Did you get the softer version?

Hmmm I've only seen one compound of the R888's

These are extremely sticky...I couldn't imagine them being any softer and still getting any miles out of them.

Don't tell me they're bad on the road they're going to be my street tires!

I think its all about where you live. I am in southern Cali in the middle of the desert. Its over 80 degrees most of the year and rains...infrequently. I'm putting them on something that'll only be on the road probably 3k a year and won't see rain unless something weird happens.
I once had the same on one of my motorcycles. They had hypersport tyres and unless you pushed them all the time on a very hot day (IE sweat in the shade day) they were useless. I now have a "sports touring" tyre and find them to offer 90% of the grip 100% of the time.

I also only use my vehicle on nice days and only during the wet and cold should I HAVE to.

If you find some nice canyon roads they'll probably be great when warm but they'll take a little while to get there..if you stop for a drink or to get some photos or something they'll be cold again by the time you leave again, and if you drive through a town something and you have stop signs and red lights, again your tyres are going to be cold again. And idk about car tyres so much but high performance motorcycle tyres go hard after a certain amount of heat cycles so I can imagine similar would happen with a car.

But hey, who cares. hey have awesome treadpattern.
Is the R888 an r-comp tire? Using r-comps on the street=fail
well, the r888's are the evolution of the RA-1's which are known for not heat cycling out. They grip relatively the same from new to chording. Pro race teams still change them out very frequently..but they also shave them to slicks before using.

Tires get pretty damn hot just from running them on the freeway for a few miles. Sure you can't hit the first onramp like a bat out of hell but by 2 offramps down you'll be able to do what you want.

Its not like you'll be able to be on the limit on the street anyways.

Most importantly they're cheaper than really good sports car tires and they last just as long if you don't abuse them...and you can drive to a track or an auto x and have r compound tires :P
Quote from swisscosmo :why did you buy FIFA 08 why not FIFA 09?

Because it was selling for about £4, i acctually hate football so i doubt i'll ever play it.
Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 was also selling for about £4 but that proved to be quite a bit of fun yesterday with my friends around.
Quote from spanks :Hmmm I've only seen one compound of the R888's

These are extremely sticky...I couldn't imagine them being any softer and still getting any miles out of them.

Don't tell me they're bad on the road they're going to be my street tires!

I think its all about where you live. I am in southern Cali in the middle of the desert. Its over 80 degrees most of the year and rains...infrequently. I'm putting them on something that'll only be on the road probably 3k a year and won't see rain unless something weird happens.

They do them in 2 compounds sticky and super sticky... There should be a G on the side wall.. one G = Sticky.. GG = Super sticky IIRC.

On the road they feel harsh, probably due to sidewalls being harder than a normal road tyre, not quite on the same level as slicks but still pretty harsh... also they're piss poor in the wet but thats obvious..
Thanks Nick.

They're bagged and in a closet for now..I had to stretch trash bags over them as they were just a few MM bigger than the opening was. I don't feel like digging them out to check.

Picked this up on Friday from the insurance auctions

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9734/gto0020700407.jpg

Its a little banged up
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8783/gto0110704697.jpg

42000 miles, 6 liter LS2 400 horse 400 ft lb and t56 six speed

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8247/gto0170707873.jpg

Will make 450-475 horse and will fly when its in the mazda

Damn album so good made me buy the actual CD.
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
Huge Amazon misprice involving 500GB HDD's for £25, £125 printers for £12 and 32GB iPod Touches for £8 - £200. No sign of the order coming though, debating contract law with the company atm...

XFX 9600GT - £4.97

DHL Collection for said graphics card from PC World Bedford - £6.99 + VAT

Windows 7 Home Premium - £44.99 (pre-order)

Windows 7 Professional - £80 (pre-order)
School laptop

Notebook cooler (doesn help shit)

Had some vouchers left, so I bought GTAIV.

I got this crappy KB for free with it:

New coolers for PC. 2x these:

New CPU cooler:

And new sound system y0:

And now.... I'm poor.
My new BlackBerry

(not my hand)

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG