The online racing simulator
They can afford pretty much anything that they want. In the past, they've not been very moved by the community moaning; it shouldn't be different this time around.

Personally, I'd tend to assume that the legal problems explanation for the delay is the most probable hypothesis. Indeed, if they felt the car could be released back then in December, what could have gone so wrong with the physical or graphical development of the car that would make it non-patch worthy? We've got the model in the viewer, and it seems correct, at least there are no blatant bugs to be seen. So it has to be something much deeper, something that the devs can't work around very easily.

I don't think Scawen would release the patch without the Sirocco in it. Didn't he say that the patch containing the Sirocco would basically have nothing else in it? Maybe it's not true anymore, but if it still is, that means there's nothing else to be released for the time being.
Quote from boosterfire :
I don't think Scawen would release the patch without the Sirocco in it. Didn't he say that the patch containing the Sirocco would basically have nothing else in it? Maybe it's not true anymore, but if it still is, that means there's nothing else to be released for the time being.

So I'll ask again: While there are legal issues (which can't be solved by programming - for those who don't know), the devs don't do anything in the area of developing the game? and they don't even tell us so?

Ok. That's pretty bizarre.

Edit: do I have to explicitly state sarcasm?
"legal reasons" is not an explanation, it is a conspiracy theory based on nothing but assumption and presumption. I think it's weird how you folk can make something up, that you know is completely fictional, and then start to believe in it.. and then start to think things are odd when they don't fit with the fictional explanation you made up together.

Bizarre ways you guys think.
Trust me, this is the truth I tell you!

The truth is that the guys at VW were concerned that the LFS version of the Schirococoo didn't live up with the NFS set standard and top speed of 420 km/h and cornering forces of 5,7G.

Where do people get these hallusinations, facts and false truths I don't know. But my sources are legit.
Perfectly reasonable people can be led into believing to things that afterwards can only sound ridiculous. It's just psychology, can't change the minds of men.

But exactly because it's possible to do that and there could be people who may have an interest in doing so for the sake of hurting LFS' public image or make fun of the community, it means rumors should be properly dealt with, instead of left out there to thrive and multiplicate.
this is getting ridiculous. i think the dev's work for 3dRealms.
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999
On the contrary it's quite interesting. You can learn a lot about the people who dwell on these boards. Also makes for quick additions to the ignore list
Didn't read all posts, only some of them in some last pages, so please, don't kill me if i'm wrong.
Why do most of forum users think that patch isn't released because of Scirocco? Personally i think that Scirocco is done long time ago, and the don't have any problems with it. IMO they are doing something bigger/better, like track updates, interiors and so on. Also, it's possible that they are working on LFS so modders (let's call them so) will not be able to modify LFS, for example: put in LFS drifters wet dream - an old Toyota which replaces XRT.
I'm sorry if this text is pointless and stupid, and sorry for mistakes.
Quote from richukss :Also, it's possible that they are working on LFS so modders (let's call them so) will not be able to modify LFS, for example: put in LFS drifters wet dream - an old Toyota which replaces XRT.

unlikely.

Quote from wikipedia :This update was slated for release on the week ending on December 19th, 2008, but release was postponed after the surfacing of some bugs (mainly graphics-related).

Quote from Matrixi :Wrong.

That's with modded physics, with the standard cars the most driftable car is the BMWF1 and considering the BF1 on rFactor I think is quite realistic compared to the other standard cars.
I think LFSs tire model is little bit harder than in real... In drift with 180 C tires reactions of car are slower than in real and if your drift is going bad its hard to get it back jerky movement + clutch
"When is "early in 2009" ?

The new LFS-Community-Counter shows, how long the fans wait.

This year is now
107 days, 23 hours, 25 minutes, and 52 seconds old !
That means 2591 hours have passed !
29.56293017894075 % of 2009 is already over !
"

Whoever did that ^^

I've been waiting 0 days, personally.
Quote from SamH :"legal reasons" is not an explanation, it is a conspiracy theory based on nothing but assumption and presumption. I think it's weird how you folk can make something up, that you know is completely fictional, and then start to believe in it.. and then start to think things are odd when they don't fit with the fictional explanation you made up together.

Bizarre ways you guys think.

I said to me it was an hypothesis, and why would I know that it's something completely fictional? The complete lack of information leaves us free to make all the hypothesis we want. Whether that particular one is far fetch or not is very arguable, and in my opinion, it is not. I just don't see a reason for Scawen and Eric, which are both very competent, to spend 4 extra months on something they said was almost ready 4 months ago. I agree that jumping straight to the 'legal reasons' theory is probably not right, and that I'm sure we could find more plausible answers, but there's no way I'll believe the 'they're still working on it'.

Again, all this speculation and moaning could have been avoided if we had just a tad of information.
Quote from Amynue :http://liveforspeed.li.funpic.de/

If you made that, I'd love to throw something at you and tell you to get the 'eff over it.

They're developing the game at their own speed. Making stupid websites with stupid counters on only amplifies your own stupidity.

Also a quick point I've probably already made several angry posts back, how much difference is one front wheel drive car gonna make? All the whining people will drive it for 2 weeks, like it and then become bored. Guess what they're all gonna do - Whine about it.
I'll say it again.

Why all this fuss over an FWD hatchback, that isn't even real?

Why all this fuss over virtual racing/driving that is dangerously addictive as it is and isn't even real?

To be moved to the point of suggesting it ruined your christmas, or bothering to make a web page about it is laughably sad, get a life.

See you on track, although I doubt many of the serial whingers actually race LFS often.

In Soviet LFS, Scirocco complains about you
Quote from ..... :http://liveforspeed.li.funpic.de/

I want my 1.4548783736399753939 seconds back!

See, it's easy to be a nob.
Quote from boosterfire :I said to me it was an hypothesis, and why would I know that it's something completely fictional? The complete lack of information leaves us free to make all the hypothesis we want. Whether that particular one is far fetch or not is very arguable, and in my opinion, it is not. I just don't see a reason for Scawen and Eric, which are both very competent, to spend 4 extra months on something they said was almost ready 4 months ago. I agree that jumping straight to the 'legal reasons' theory is probably not right, and that I'm sure we could find more plausible answers, but there's no way I'll believe the 'they're still working on it'.

Again, all this speculation and moaning could have been avoided if we had just a tad of information.

Quoted you, but this goes to all of you with big imaginations

LINK
Quote from Scawen :
Yes, this thread is basically spam so I'll close it now.

Just one small note for those (small minority) who think that comments, jokes, whatever about the Scirocco are "motivational" for the devs...

Actually it's just a minor irritation, which doesn't affect development apart from wasting our time a little bit and making the forum a less pleasant place. As I mentioned before we are working on some things you know about and some you don't, so there are other things happening that further delay the Scirocco. Don't think we are here working full time on the Scirocco and somehow taking months to release it. We are quite happy working on various things and will release the Scirocco when it is ready. That's just how it goes...

And by the way we don't "need" to employ more staff so we can release more stuff and make more money. As most people know, the reason for the existence of LFS is because we decided to leave a game company and work in a completely different way. We have seen before and don't wish for the responsibility of employees and running a company, with all that would bring and the inevitable consequences of turning LFS into a full-blown commercial product where money would become the most important thing. There is no problem here, LFS development simply continues, it takes a while but gradually gets better over time, and that's fine! We are quite happy with it!

I suggest reading bold red text multiple times, just so it gets in your head already

Spring is here, go out and pick some flowers or something
Some thing we don't know. IMO that is just a word he uses so everyone not going apeshit since there really hasn't been much of update since 07. Guess the unexpected stuff is yet another Blackwood update.
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG