The online racing simulator
Quote from Tur8o :So being negative is going to solve the devs problems of people moaning is it?.....

No!

it's obvious the devs don't care if people moan or not.
Quote from evilgeek :it's obvious the devs don't care if people moan or not.

They're underestimating the holistic nature of marketing in the eyes of some people (not me yet) LFS has been turning into the next nKp, all kinds of speculative BS are flying around all over the (simracing part of the) 'net and the devs are doing naff to stop this bad word of mouth.

On the other side of the river, iRacing is churning out update after update, and everyday it's gaining more credibility.

Of course the devs entitled to ignore anything they want (like anyone else for that matter), but me myself I don't think this trend will be stopped for much time after the release of the next patch. I just hope they got an ace up their sleeve.
Three pieces of news I'd like to share!

1) Call me late, but I saw my first Scirocco in real ife today. I only saw the side profile as I was in a shop, but man, that has to be one of the sleekest lines on a hatchback ever! Even the stock chrome finished wheels matched the Silver met paint! Who needs a GTI now?

2) VW are preparing the Scirocco GT24 for another race around the ring:
http://www.worldcarfans.com/90 ... ng-with-scirocco-gt24-cng

Hope it won't be too long before someone makes a rep outta this.

3) This Scirocco is never coming out. (its a friday!)
bi-monthly LFS check....

Still boring, still nothing to shout about, still same-ish and dull.

Back to rFactor and constant new stuff and improvements, until next LFS check when hopefully there will be something new in LFS that is fun.
Just sign up to the newsletter and you'll be notified of any new patches
Quote from mr_x :bi-monthly LFS check....

Still boring, still nothing to shout about, still same-ish and dull.

Back to rFactor and constant new stuff and improvements, until next LFS check when hopefully there will be something new in LFS that is fun.

Same reason why I play rFactor, there's just so much content to work through

Imho LFS should be worried about rFactor 2 considering it's going to have rain, 1967 F1 car's and the old 67 Spa

Add all the other improved goodies like FFB and it's got LFS licked up in everyway! Some major LFS updates better be on the way, now wheres that S3......
You can't drift on rFactor though, it just doesn't do drifting at all, past a certain point, any slide is un-recoverable, you have to be very quick, the physics are parallel with GTR in this aspect.
Indeed, thats what drove me to LFS, I'm praying that Rfactor2's physics will be very different.
I just love rFactors mod-a-bility, i am loving the 91F1 mod, they are actually quite driftable
Quote from BlueFlame :I just love rFactors mod-a-bility, i am loving the 91F1 mod, they are actually quite driftable

There are some mods I've used that are ok. One of them is the 1 Series Mod?

Coming from me, (a self proclaimed Anti rFactorer and sworn hater of the blasted game) that's saying something!
Is it me or is this in the wrong section?
Quote from mclarenmatt :
Imho LFS should be worried about rFactor 2 considering it's going to have rain, 1967 F1 car's and the old 67 Spa

If rFactor2 has good graphics and sound, good content out of the box, a tyre model close from LFS one, improved FFB... we get a clear winner.
Quote from BlueFlame :You can't drift on rFactor though, it just doesn't do drifting at all, past a certain point, any slide is un-recoverable, you have to be very quick, the physics are parallel with GTR in this aspect.

Wrong.
two bucks says that the car won't be released before august, the anniversary of announcment
Quote from DracoN :two bucks says that the car won't be released before august, the anniversary of announcment

hm.. i think i'll put my money on june or july
I bet there are legal problems.

Think about it, the 11 DEC they figured they could release it in the week of the 19th DEC. Now it's four months later. I guess the car is in a quite decent state to be driven by the community but VW is giving the devs a hard time?
Quote from Matrixi :Wrong.

But it looks even less real than Gran Turismo 1, really. Does the car even have anything like a suspension??

... but now I know how they produced the scenes for F&F Tokyo Drift.

Quote from -V-Max- :I bet there are legal problems.

Think about it, the 11 DEC they figured they could release it in the week of the 19th DEC. Now it's four months later. I guess the car is in a quite decent state to be driven by the community but VW is giving the devs a hard time?

So the devs just sit there and wait? If it were legal problems, then why don't they just release the rest of the patch. And I also bet they could just add a different body and interior to what once was the Scirocco, tweak a few numbers here and there and we'd have another car without legal issues.

Me, I'm definitely in the "they gave up LFS" team. I think they'd have to do a lot of work just to catch up with IRacing - from what I've heard about IRacing, at least.
well its gonna be out!

just wait, bigger things then just a car, why is it so important if they hadnt of said anything and kept it quiet.. you think, none of this would be going on but to be honest the devs are going about it the wrong way keeping regular updates from us, if Scawen or Victor posted something about the progress would be some much less confusion non beleif and moaning

Tur8o
Quote from Bandit77 :But it looks even less unreal than Gran Turismo 1, really. Does the car even have anything like a suspension??

Well, D1 drift cars are pretty damn stiff on their suspension, stiffer than you would propably expect, though I agree the suspension could be a bit softer in this mod by default. I only proved it's possible to drift in rFactor, not how realistic it looks. Niels' C6 Corvette drifts just fine too, and that has a far more convincing looking soft road car suspension compared to these competition drift cars that the oversteer mod has.

Well, atleast rFactor has a proper mountain road (many of them actually) compared to LFS. Something that has been suggested to be added many years ago for LFS.
Totaly the wrong section
Probably posted it here so he could mislead people into thinking it was out.. Certainly had me fooled for a moment
Quote from JazzOn :this month or next .. but noone knows exactly ^^

it comes when its done

And when it's done, I buy S2! I just need the cash on my Paypal accont and there I go.
Quote from Tur8o :if Scawen or Victor posted something about the progress would be some much less confusion non beleif and moaning

You'll be replied it works the other way round

They said work is ongoing, so we should assume work is still ongoing. But if you discount the chance of another 'moving house' post with <cough> unpredictable delays <cough> then the next patch might be out tomorrow like it could be next xmas.

Let's just keep waiting for our VW badged Godot.
Why youre posting a new thread? There is a main Scirocco Thread.
they cant afford to release it next christmas
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG