The online racing simulator
Quote from JPeace :erm, can you imagine 30 fox cars going into 1st corner of AS2 with heavy rain? i dont think it will work to be honest.

It wouldnt work on a public server. But I'm sure that it would on a decent league with mature and calm people on it.

Quote :but it would be great to have realistic wet weather, but then would you have two hotlap ranks? a wet hotlap rank and a dry hotlap rank (like we have now)?

just a thought

I think there would be only one hotlap rank, like now, with optimal weather conditions(dry track). As you can see, currently there's not a windy hotlap rank, so I don't see the point on having a wet hotlap rank.

E : I'm too slow
Maybe the LFS community is not their main source of income, and they develop versions of LFS for professional customers, like this Czech simulator renting business, or this fair where they introduced the scirocco.

It would make sense. I doubt licenses bring enough money for them to live.
Quote from Juls :Maybe the LFS community is not their main source of income, and they develop versions of LFS for professional customers, like this Czech simulator renting business, or this fair where they introduced the scirocco.

It would make sense. I doubt licenses bring enough money for them to live.

Well it that's true we better hope it doesn't end up like NKP, the customer's coming last.
Quote from Juls :Maybe the LFS community is not their main source of income, and they develop versions of LFS for professional customers, like this Czech simulator renting business, or this fair where they introduced the scirocco.

I doubt that. The devs have stated many times that they do LFS because they like doing it. And professional customers are even more demanding (believe it or not) so they would probably make them do stuff in ways the devs don't want to.
Quote from JPeace :erm, can you imagine 30 fox cars going into 1st corner of AS2 with heavy rain? i dont think it will work to be honest.

formulas never race in heavy rain

Quote from Sponge :Some new cockpits / interiors too.. as they were planned for the previous patch, but were not done yet.. man.. that was over a year ago.. iirc..

that would be nice

It doesn't work now in perfect conditions either...
FZR in rain? hmm...

[/dream]
FO8 in rain?
Quote from Nadeo4441 :FO8 in rain?

With proper tyres and racers, that would kick ass. I wish I could experimente that one day.
Quote from mcintyrej :The simple 'O' is a huge letter in english, for example - If you remove the O from count, you get a much nicer word.

hmm yes, you so fun-nee.
If you want to drive under wet conditions, get an older LFS version before the tyre update some years ago. That was like driving in rainy conditions. Man, its been years since the last huge step forward for LFS. Hope to see more than just the Scirocco in the next patch, everything else would just be a bad joke.
I assume there will be tons of improvements, but none will be as pronounced as the Scirocco, making many people angry because "only the scirocco was added".
Quote from Micha :Man, its been years since the last huge step forward for LFS. Hope to see more than just the Scirocco in the next patch, everything else would just be a bad joke.

Very true.

Quote from ColeusRattus :I assume there will be tons of improvements, but none will be as pronounced as the Scirocco, making many people angry because "only the scirocco was added".

Man, sorry... if you don't feel the "tons" of improvements, then they're worthless and a reason to feel unhappy with the patch.
I must agree that after so much delay, it would be lame only to have the Sirocco in the next patch, or even a relatively small patch. I'd definitely expect the rest of the interiors to be done by now, and I hope that they're just waiting for the next patch to be included in the game. I'll just, you know... go back in my burrow and put the alarm for august or something.
Ahh all this speculation...
All I know is:

- There will be a new patch sometime in the future.

- It will contain *something*, like a new language or, maybe, a super duper content update and probably the scirocco.

- Some people will praise the new patch and some will rant about it.

That's all I know. I stopped thinking about anything else, because it just doesn't pay off...

Happy waiting!
lol, finally a guy that doesn't think that patch and Scirocco will be released in this month .
anyone still waiting? im simply having fun hosting school LAN games
-
(TiricK) DELETED by TiricK
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :It's never going to be released, if you just keep thinking that, you might acctually be happy when it comes out (which it won't)... Thats how I see it anyway

even tho it should come out?

today?
never assume
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :lol stop being so damn positive!!!!

lol I say the same , "maybe it will be released today", and "today" is 2 weeks ago
I don't long for the Scirocco, I don't mind that there is a delay in releasing this patch - All I want the devs to do is give us little updates like they did in the old days. Why would these be a problem now?

Nick

Small S2 progress report
We are pleased to report that S2 development is going well!

You can see three new cars in the screenshots. The XR GTR, the RA and the Formula V8.

Recent developments in the program include skid marks, better smoke and better online reliability, as seen in the new S1 patch. Also we have implemented a new tutorial system which is quite fun to work through, and very good for people who are new to Live for Speed. Various improvements have been made to the tyre physics which make the cars handle much better than they used to. It's easier to get the power down and go in a rear wheel drive car, and this is more realistic - in S1 you need to be more careful than you do in real life.

Now that the S1 Patch H update is complete, Scawen can carry on with the tyre temperatures and wear. Eric will be working on the remaining cars and then onto some final track updates. And finally we will reach Alpha stage!

added wed, jun. 25th, 2003 23.45
>Release date and new car announcement! Hello Racers!

This time we have a very nice update for you - we are now able to give you a release date with reasonable accuracy! And on top of that, we will also announce the long awaited "6th car", the LX6!
[url="javascriptopuppic2('JCS20')"][/url] Concerning the release, we have decided on a three week plan : This week - finalising to a first full version
---> Alpha Next week - testing / bug fixing / minor improvements
---> Beta Final week - thorough testing - no development allowed
---> Release Live for Speed S1 should then be released during the week starting Mon 14 July. The LX6 : We've added some new screenshots on our site, including some of the new LX6 - the quickest car in the S1 release. Being a lightweight car with a powerful engine, the LX6 has great acceleration and quick steering, resulting in having superior laptimes compared with all the other cars available. We must point out that although we originally said that a more powerful rwd car would be included, at that time we weren't exactly sure which kind of car it would be. When we had decided on the LX6, we changed that text to "a quicker rwd car", because in fact the LX6 has less absolute power than the turbo car, but is faster in all situations on the the track.

It's really fun to drive, and takes some concentration to handle!

Make sure you visit the screenshots section for many new screenshots! We look forward to getting S1 finished very soon!

LFS Devs.

added fri, jun. 13th, 2003 18.30
>LFS Progress Report Hello Racers, it's again time to let you know how we're doing!

The success and lack of major bugs in the E4 patch has allowed me to avoid bug-fixing and so I've been working with Victor all week on the new unlocking system. It's going well and I'm now onto the parts which are inside LFS and will store the cars and tracks in a secure way. It's quite hard to design but I'm making progress, and now the methods to use and how it fits together are quite clear.

[url="javascriptopuppic2('CS_5_1')"][/url] Here is a screen shot of five of the cars from the S1 release including the demo test cars. There's one car model we aren't showing just yet although it is in final testing stage.

Eric has been updating the South City track and found some areas that he decided needed more or better scenery and he's added a new pit lane as well. He's nearly finished with that so it's looking better and more polished, which allows him to move onto finishing the Drag Strip, which is his biggest task left.
So... all in all we are getting closer! We're still not able to give a release date - polishing and finishing is a strange thing where there's always a bit more to do than you expected. Anyway, it's not long until we enter a final testing stage, which will be very thorough, because S1 must go out as a high quality product.

Some new screenshots can be seen in the screenshots section.

Thanks for your support and being patient with us as you wait for S1!

added fri, may. 30th, 2003 6:30
>Progress Report
Hello Racers!

Just a little info about how things are going - patch 0.2E is very nearly ready with the new replay files and some fixes and improvements. We plan to release a test patch E1 in the next couple of days. With this patch, the new automated Blackwood hotlap tables will be opened!

As usual, things have taken a little longer than we hoped, but the results are good. We are arranging the new fixed ip connection for the master server which will hopefully be installed very soon. Eric has finished all cars except some texturing on the last car. Then he has a few holes to fill on South City, because Fern Bay is finished now. With the release of this patch I am free to do the final code needed for S1 - the authentication and unlocking systems.

[url="javascriptopuppic2('rb4-6')"][/url] [url="javascriptopuppic2('rb4-7')"][/url] We have put up some more screenshots of the new RB4 which is of course part of the S1 release - see them in the screenshots section on our site.

Thanks for being patient with us with the S1 release, it's getting closer!

added tue, Mar. 4th, 2003 04:00
> Patch 0.1W
Hello racers, a new compatible patch 0.1W is available.

I saw a master server error on Sunday and in fact all LFS versions since the beginning have not been able to view a list of games if there were more than 32 hosts. So this patch was needed. I put in some improvements from the dev version as well. Here's the list of changes, most notably the multiplayer distant cars fps speedup option (on by default) and exact remote player lap times.

FIX : Guest could not receive more than 32 games from master
FIX : Crash when using settings with long names
FIX : Warning if music file name is too long
View Option : Multiplayer FPS improvement (no update distant cars)
View Option : Multiplayer car draw distance
Remote player lap times are now exact (all need new version)
Lagged cars vanish instead of going off madly
SHIFT + M : Mirror on / off
Single player input update rate improved
Mirror FOV fixed at 60 degrees

(0.2 is still coming along - progress is good with new features still being added but i must estimate it's still at least a week away).

Scawen

added wed, Feb. 19th, 2003 7:00
> New patch T Here's another fully compatible patch for 0.1.

This was quick patch made to support mouse look or look devices that can work as a mouse (right mouse button sets to center), and also to fix the bug where a wrecker using a corrupted setup could cause a crash on non-dedicated hosts or guests.

View Option : Mouse look support (alternative to view with steer)
Minor sound improvement
Minor keyboard steer improvement at low speed
Avoid crash when remote player uses corrupted setup
added Sun, Sept. 15th, 2002 9:07 AM
Patch version 0.1E available. Way better controller support. All wheels and joys should work now (clutch and shifter not yet supported)
[url="http://www.lfs.net/?page=downloads"]www.liveforspeed.net/download.htm[/url][url="http://www.lfs.net/?page=downloads"][/url]
added Wed, Sept. 11th, 2002 17:07 PM
Patch version 0.1C available.
Scrutineering added for hosts.

added Fri, Sept. 6th, 2002 3:23 PM
There is a new full version 0.1B!
No patch from version 0.04, you have to get the full version. But there's a nice surprise or two in there... To keep your settings from 0.04 versions you will need to copy over the following files : cfg.txt
data\misc\cfg.sta
data\misc\fkeys.msg
data\misc\drv.nam
data\settings\*.set
Please report any problems you come across, in theory it should be more reliable and has worked well under testing. Hopefully no more ghost players and wierd bugs...
Have fun!
Quote from dontpannic :<Lots of stuff>

I had already forgotten how great things were before, thank you for the flashback.
So being negative is going to solve the devs problems of people moaning is it?.....

No!
>Announcing VW Scirocco
Hello LFS Racers.

We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week.

^^^^^^^
No problem devs i give you permission to use that
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG