The online racing simulator
Quote from ponczak :http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2637/lfsbingonew.jpg
d5 , fanboy.
mcintyrej, good choose.

I think most of "moaning" people are just laughing of this situation.
BTW - I think real racers won't drive the VWS with ESP, ABS and other electronic stuff. This thread is about new improves in LFS, not FWD coldhatch.

That picture explained me everything. Congratulations.
But you still fail at trolling. You have lost. Have a nice day.
Quote from Bandit77 :Maybe "Fanboy" is the wrong word, really. I'm just fed up with the high degree of brown-nosing that's going on.

Fanboy? Brown-nosing? Listen to yourself!

Seriously, listen to how your posts sound and how ridiculous you seem.
I laugh at those throwing accusations of fanboyism around, most of those who aren't complaining about LFS don't because they actually have a life, the real fanboys are the obsessed ones, constantly beying for updates.

Funny thing about the 'fanboy' chart, is that all the things on it are true, and valid arguments.

It's not like your life depends on it, well I'm beginning to think that for some people, it does.

There's a great simulator at the moment called real life, the best thing about it is that there's something new every day.
Quote from Shadowww :Well, you have 15 000 km @ LC and you say you are not no-lifer?

LC was opened 14.02.2009, today is 19.04.2009. I had 64 days to drove 12581.6Km, it's only ~200km per day I just love playing LFS as it's the best driving game, even without badass Sciroccos in it.
Quote from Amynue :LC was opened 14.02.2009, today is 19.04.2009. I had 64 days to drove 12581.6Km, it's only ~200km per day I just love playing LFS as it's the best driving game, even without badass Sciroccos in it.

200km per day on cruise server?
Quote from Shadowww :200km per day on cruise server?

It's better than racing alone at empty racing servers.
Quote from Amynue :It's better than racing alone at empty racing servers.

You got that right.

Now, try some racing servers with people on them.

EDIT: Not to start a flame, but racing on empty racing servers is in fact better. Practice makes perfect.
Quote from Amynue :It's better than racing alone at empty racing servers.

You can't get even 105% of WR on any cruise server.
Quote from Shadowww :You can't get even 105% of WR on any cruise server.

I did try once.

They banned me.
Quote from Bandit77 :I don't give a sh*t if Scawen said that chocolate tastes better the longer you wait.

The ability to read is a virtue.

Well, I think I have to be very clear on that one:

Actually, Scawen didn't mention chocolate at all. Nor any other kind of candy. He did say though that the Scirocco isn't the only thing he is working on, and he hinted that there might be an update on suspension (especially, as LfS doesn't feature the Sciroccos real life suspension type yet), graphics and other things he hasn't even disclosed yet.

So, basically he had the choice between offering the "chocolate" as it was (a highly detailed Scirocco without it's proper suspension, graphical bugs and only some fixes) or something of a better quality (VWS with it's real suspension, no graphical bug for users of a certain GPU, more fixes, more features) at a later date.

I am sure you noticed the quotation marks around the chocolate. That indicates that I wasn't about actual chocolate, which, on a sidenote, doesn't make you fat if it has a cocoa percentage of 70 or above, but rather using it as a metaphor. In fact, I just reused a very fitting metaphor of another forum user which I found fitting, and to which I was answering directly.

Also, I seem to not have gotten the memo which says "if you don't bitch like a whiney little kid not getting sweets, it's called brown-nosing".
Trust me, I'd like to see the patch or a progress update like anyone else. But do I loudly complain if I don't get one of these right now? No, because I have more important things in my life than updates to LfS or LfS' developement progress.

I'd also like to add that I trust the devs to be honest. As long as they don't say otherwise, I assume they're still working on it. And even if they didn't, it would still be no reason to insult them on a personal level like many in here do.
I love this thread..

:munching_
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Excuse me, but why are the people waiting patiently/not caring branded as fanboys, but those saying (and I quote) "The lack of an LFS patch ruined my Christmas" aren't?

Meh.

Those who get labeled as fanboys are the people using the community mantras (some of them are in that infamous bingo pic) in the attempt to win an argument against someone they like to call a whiner. They're not doing any service to anyone, just pleasing themselves.

Those who say Scawen ruined their christmas shouldn't be payed too much attention. Just like the post count crowd who comes here to share insightful thoughts along the lines of 'zOMG how come this thread is still open?!?', 'STFU you moaners'

The rest of the LFS community (some are posting here, some are not) is in between, patiently waiting, speculating, wondering, thinking etc...
Quote from Sponge :I love this thread..

:munching_

Me too. Who needs the Scirocco when you can read this thread about moaners fighting each other 1 car they'll probably never drive irl?

Now gimme some of your popz plz!
Attached images
yo_dawg_scirocco.jpg
Jeez man, yodawgyo is dominating here....
Quote from Bandit77 :Besides not even being correct, this doesn't mean anything. But I don't want to imply that you think it's gonna be a high quality or big thing.

Sorry, but 9 months is actually bang on. Z was released on July 2nd, 2008. That was 41 weeks ago, which is 9 months and 17 days (not including today as a day). Like I said, around 9 months. It's just basic arithmetic, nothing fancy

It's your opinion if you say the patch will be shit, you have no proof of this. From past releases though, anybody with a bit of cop-on knows the amount of work that goes into them (whether it's visible or behind-the-scenes tweaks), and the quality product we get at the end.

Brown-nosing is also the complete wrong choice of words. Fed up with spanners coming here and bitching all the time is more correct. It's quite obvious to anyone that is not illiterate, that the last progress report we saw was that the Scirocco is delayed until further notice, which hasn't been received yet. What's the point in brown-nosing, as you call it, anyway? You think the devs pay users to suck up to them?

As you say, the ability to read is a virtue. The ability to think and comprehend seems to be even scarcer though
Quote from Shadowww :You can't get even 105% of WR on any cruise server.

Not everyone is fast enough to do that. They have right to drive at whatever pace they want.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Sorry, but 9 months is actually bang on.

Dude, not the 9 months were wrong. But 9 months passing between two patches doesn't mean the devs worked 9 months for the patch.

Quote :
What's the point in brown-nosing, as you call it, anyway? You think the devs pay users to suck up to them?

In general brown-nosing? How long have you lived on this planet?
LFS devs-related? Don't ask me, ask the brown-nosers.

Quote :
As you say, the ability to read is a virtue. The ability to think and comprehend seems to be even scarcer though

A fault confessed is half redressed, isn't it, Dougie?
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Not everyone is fast enough to do that. They have right to drive at whatever pace they want.

You advertise rTraktor in your signature, and there are no cruise servers in rFactor, so please, be quiet.
Since when? i find people merrily cruising along on The ring tourist variation all the time. Rfactor has nothing to do with this thread unless someone mentions a scirocco mod for it. Your just starting arguments left and right, and should give the keyboard a rest for a awhile.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Since when? i find people merrily cruising along on The ring tourist variation all the time. Rfactor has nothing to do with this thread unless someone mentions a scirocco mod for it. Your just starting arguments left and right, and should give the keyboard a rest for a awhile.

I bought this keyboard only a week ago, it needs proper test drive.

And stop OT pl0x.
Fanboys Bingo Forum THS IS NOT FUNNY .
i was in "bilernes hus" in Silkeborg yesterday and sat in an scirocco god its low and nice inside but even better outside then when we were driving home there were someone in a scirocco 2.0 tsi that fired it off jeez what a great sound

and an useless fact i ate an 80% fruit ice afterwards
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG