The online racing simulator
#ignore#
Quote from audimasta :In the vid from germany you can clearly see that Fern Bay will have a makeover in this patch. "New" graphics and more forgiving kerbs. Finally

Please read the thread before starting rumours. See quote below.

Quote from Chaos :this video is from the Czech Republic

Those are textures from the LFS Database, big thanks to the authors of those, we use them because of the added contrast... on the 301 there is an overhead projector with only 1024x768 resolution and during the day it was hard for people, who don't know the track, to find their way around as it was dark>tarmac, dark> grass, now its dark>tarmac, light>grass/sand...

Quote from Blackout :Please read the thread before starting rumours. See quote below.

OPS, big sorry I'll delete my post.
you could just visit 301.cz (which is visible around thousand times in the vid), cz isnt germany, is it?
Quote from Chaos :this video is from the Czech Republic and we got the Scirocco solely for the purpose of shooting this TV report (premiere will be on saturday 11.4. at 18.30 CET, here http://www.publictv.cz/cz/menu/4/online-vysilani/ (czech language, sorry, but I think english subtitles will be around soon )

Thanks for informing us! Does the Z12 comes with limited setups for Scirocco?
I assume that the Scirocco will be released to the public with limited setup options.
I for one think that the version we will see is 0.6A, and not Z12, which I think is an internal beta build.
[speculation]
hmm, TV show goes public with new Scirocco and info, the day after A Friday.
[/speculation]
/me stirs pot
Hmm nice one Jason :P
Quote from JasonJ :[speculation]
[/speculation]
/me stirs pot

I've got a bet going on CLC.
I have read some posts... Scirocco for Friday? let me laugh a bit
Hmm sooner the better i think, not because im desperate to drive it or anything (FWD SUX), although it will be interesting, more to just bring community moral up, full servers and just general enthusiasm for LFS again My first post in this thread, didn't think i would but was just on my ind how much the scirocco could effect LFS.
lol that would be fun for us too
Quote from JasonJ :[speculation]
[/speculation]
/me stirs pot

Interesting idea.. although i really doubt it.. but i do hope so
Dont be a bloody retard^^^

of course they arent dead if they were someone would find out

and secondly as i have posted before... dont moan just do something else untill i comes out instead of continuously, it is simple when people stop moaning the dev will post info
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :[...] I'm sure I'm not the only person on this forum who just wants to know for sure whether there will be a Scirocco or not... And When??? [...]

1) Yes there will be a Scirocco.
2) When? When the update that includes it is done..
Quote from Sponge :1) Yes there will be a Scirocco.
2) When? When the update that includes it is done..

The update and Scirocco, remember that Scirocco had many bugs (that's what Scawen said), maybe they still without work on it (that's why we haven't any news) and it can be true, if they work on their own schedules... otherwise it would be finished sometime ago, that I think... (patch and Scirocco)
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :I'm sure I'm not the only person on this forum who just wants to know for sure whether there will be a Scirocco or not...

What makes you think that there won't be one?
Quote from zeugnimod :What makes you think that there won't be one?

+1 ... so it takes a while.. that doesn't mean it's not coming..
I just hope that next time they announce a patch when it's really ready to come out.
Quote from H0ld3n :I just hope that next time they announce a patch when it's really ready to come out.

1. If they announced a patch which is really ready, i think that they will rather release it
2. I think that they won't do this announcing anymore due to this postpone.
Today is 2009.4.9..........Nearly 140 days after the 2008.12.19
Mate, look at Scawens profile and his history of posts... and You can see films of Scirocco on Czech tv which are on YouTube.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :
Are the devs really so stubborn that they refuse to give us any information on their progress unless everyone stops asking questions???

Maybe they just gave up

Well whatever is happening, they are not doing anybody any favors with "silent treatment"

Yes, I think they just gave up. They gave up announcing things that aren't 100% ready, yet, because doing otherwise results in threads full of spam and moaning and accusations against them.

I'm pretty sure that the devs try to develop a software that they are happy with as good and fast as possible and threads like this are just a constant distraction and irritation.

Just be a little more patient. I think it won't change your life significantly if the patch comes out a month sooner or later (or even half a year). :cool:
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :EDIT:Also, there haven't been any new test patches for a while, so maybe they did give up??

Nope.. they havent

And one other thing that I'd like to mention.. everybody is saying, that "oh.. WVS still has bugs"; " it's still being developed.." etc. Maybe it's not the scirocco.. there might be lots of other things delaying the realease.
Im waiting WVS as much as everybody else though.
If you don't care, what use would the info be to you?
If you have followed the wholen scirocco affair you know quite well why there's a dead silence from the devs. If not, let me summarize.

Scirocco was announced to be released a week after the announcement. Everyone was excited.
Then, during the Testpatching phase, which supposedly should've only shown some easily solvable quirks, some serious bugs appeared for a large number of those using the testpatch. Solving these bugs was more difficult than anticipated which pushed back the release. Which lead to many people saying very mean and stupid things.
Lesson learned: an announcement even one single week before the release is too early tro be 100% sure that it's doable. Thus, I think the earliest we will be informed of the next patch release is when Scawen uploads it.

Also, during the holidays, Scawen moved and got serious internet connection issues further preventing the completion of the patch, and Eric got seriously flamed which provoked the IMHO justified angry reply of him.
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG