The online racing simulator
Quote from runeman :I think it's about time that a mod locks this thread.

The car will come when it comes, then all of you will be tired of it and want more.

None of you will be satisfied ever. There will always be something you want in the game.

I agree.. I also can't wait for the Scirocco, but i think it get's 'over hyped' now.. the longer it takes before it's released, the higher the expectations get and i'm afraid people be disappointed in the end.

Let's just hope the Scirocco will be accompanied by some other awesome updates
Locking this tread means, that a lot of new moan-threads are created and that isn't better.

Mods! Clean this thread and make big post: Not released yet!

then there won't be ppl asking if it is released
Cherry I agree.

Sponge I think the car will make a fine addition to LFS. I wont mind driving it at all. Some people didn't get the perfect car that they wanted, so it's not the same to them. So they don't want the Scirocco, i'd just accept that car.

Amynue maybe it would almost be better releasing a buggy Scirocco.

But the problems would just worsen in my opinion. Releasing a bugged car through a test patch, isn't a very good idea. Then people will just complain how 'they' released a bugged car. They'd complain about every little pixel that wasn't perfect on it. Somethings can't be perfect, and if the developers release it when it's finished, people will except those small details as they are. But if the developers release it in a test patch that means it's not finished, so then people will began "I SEE A PIXEL THAT'S NOT PERFECT! FIX IT PLEASE!.", people will think that's supposed to be fixed to make the matter short.

So it's just the way it goes.
I know, it would make a fine addition, but i just think it won't take long before people find it to be "just another car in LFS" Hope the long wait is worth it.,
Quote from Amynue :Hope Scirocco will be released this weekend...

Hope I'm going to get laid this weekend... Unfortunately hoping doesn't seem to do anything.
Yea sure it's really boring for us to wait 2 months for a patch but it's nobodys fault
Quote from Neilser :I'm totally amazed anyone who does use it cares about how the cockpit looks....

We've been spoiled by the quality of the latest XF/XR interiors
You mean the GTR ones. The new XF/XR road car interiors are nothinig 'special', although saying that they're a decent improvement on the old ones.. although you lose the choice of customization.
I happen to like those interiors, not only the textures are more detailed but the underlying model is more of a 3D surface, it adds a lot to immersion.

Even those nice modded interiors look unrealistic because the model is too flat and the texture get stretched. But without those, the standard FXO and RB4 are guaranteed to make you cringe!
Quote from wheel4hummer :Hope I'm going to get laid this weekend... Unfortunately hoping doesn't seem to do anything.

Does more than you think.

Hope is a concept that deprives the mind of doubt. For some people anyway.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Hope I'm going to get laid this weekend... Unfortunately hoping doesn't seem to do anything.

Well actually you are one of the two (or more if you manage well) participants of that actions, which mean you can influence events to favor you, so go hit some clubs

(To everyone)
But what people fail to understand is that none of their forum post can have a positive action on the development speed, and can only lead to frustration from the devs whom, in return, may lower the speed even more.
If you want to participate to the development, build some tools and create tracks/cars/etc but don't moan
I actually "forgot" that a new car should be coming to LFS..... just too long, trying to enjoy the game as it is, squeezing out everything possible

I am no a moaner, but i have to agree, this is taking too long. I dont want to see a bugged car/patch. But atleast a test patch would do, even if it fixes/adds something minor, it would still signal to a lot of people that scawen and others are working "hard" on it.....
the scirocco is like time, simply an idea for now...
No, it's more like and abstract thingy, you can think of it, but never truelly have it.
Quote from obsolum :I'm wondering what all these arguments that "people are leaving LFS" and "it's hard to find populated servers" are based on. If you look at Scawen's post and the attached image it shows that the number of racers/hosts hasn't really dwindled at all. Rather, it seems to have increased, albeit only slightly.

Back in the day, there were mostly race servers with a few drifting servers. Now it´s cruising, drifting, destruction derby, banger racing or demo servers and at best a few S2 race servers with more than 5 people in them.

Edit: Hm, I replied to a post that was 2 pages back... Gotta pay more attention...
Quote from Kalev EST :Now it´s cruising, drifting, destruction derby, banger racing or demo servers and at best a few S2 race servers with more than 5 people in them.

Here's a recent snapshot of the_angry_angel's Stats Thingy ("a simple stats page that fetches data from LFSWorld and makes 'useful' graphs for those who run servers") which I edited to add "categories":

Luckily for us, Thanks to Scawen cruise servers can easily be filtered out.
Quote from Zen321 :Well actually you are one of the two (or more if you manage well) participants of that actions, which mean you can influence events to favor you, so go hit some clubs

(To everyone)
But what people fail to understand is that none of their forum post can have a positive action on the development speed, and can only lead to frustration from the devs whom, in return, may lower the speed even more.
If you want to participate to the development, build some tools and create tracks/cars/etc but don't moan

Even more? As far as we know, apart from a break due to moving house nothing has changed development-speed wise...
Quote from The Very End :No, it's more like and abstract thingy, you can think of it, but never truelly have it.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scirocco_(Forumitism) :
In general forumite doctrine the so called "Scirocco", though commonly visualized as a vehicle, is not an object that can be attained but rather a concept that can be contemplated to achieve insight. It symbolizes the fallacy that desire implies future achievement.
Despite not existing as an actual object it emerges as a concrete insight about the nature of change. It thus exists as a parallel to the trinity of the developer that is there, the developer that is not there, and the developer that wants to be somewhere else (also referred to as the developer that is moving houses).

Vain
Quote from felplacerad :...

I'm not sure if you're trying to agree or disagree with me but that snapshot proves my point. The two busiest (by far the busiest) servers are cruise servers, then there are a few drag/banger/drift servers and loads of demo servers. There´s only about 3-4 S2 race servers in the top 20 of active hosts. And even those aren't that high up ...
Quote from DevilDare :it would still signal to a lot of people that scawen and others are working "hard" on it.....

Why do people need a "signal" for that?
Quote from zeugnimod :Why do people need a "signal" for that?

Well 'cos I think a lot of people think that scawen and others are just taking a break and dont give a monkey about finishing Scirocco..... I hope i am wrong tho...
Quote from Vain :From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scirocco_(Forumitism) :
In general forumite doctrine the so called "Scirocco", though commonly visualized as a vehicle, is not an object that can be attained but rather a concept that can be contemplated to achieve insight. It symbolizes the fallacy that desire implies future achievement.
Despite not existing as an actual object it emerges as a concrete insight about the nature of change. It thus exists as a parallel to the trinity of the developer that is there, the developer that is not there, and the developer that wants to be somewhere else (also referred to as the developer that is moving houses).

Vain

Oh god
#474 - Rob
Quote from DevilDare :Well 'cos I think a lot of people think that scawen and others are just taking a break and dont give a monkey about finishing Scirocco..... I hope i am wrong tho...

I'm with you on this one.

No sign of an update makes it very difficult to know what's happening.

I appreciate that LFS is developed by a very small team of people, but the glacial rate of progress and the lack of regular updates on their progress means it's difficult to understand what, if anything, is happening.

I know a lot of people want the Scirocco, but this is probably due to boredom of the exisiting content. If they'd promised a Toyota iQ and failed to deliver it I'm sure people would still have been miffed about it...

Would be good to get some new content to reinvigorate people's appetite for what is now looking a very old game.

Rob
Quote from scawen :yes, this thread is basically spam so i'll close it now.

Just one small note for those (small minority) who think that comments, jokes, whatever about the scirocco are "motivational" for the devs...

Actually it's just a minor irritation, which doesn't affect development apart from wasting our time a little bit and making the forum a less pleasant place. As i mentioned before we are working on some things you know about and some you don't, so there are other things happening that further delay the scirocco. Don't think we are here working full time on the scirocco and somehow taking months to release it. We are quite happy working on various things and will release the scirocco when it is ready. That's just how it goes...

And by the way we don't "need" to employ more staff so we can release more stuff and make more money. As most people know, the reason for the existence of lfs is because we decided to leave a game company and work in a completely different way. We have seen before and don't wish for the responsibility of employees and running a company, with all that would bring and the inevitable consequences of turning lfs into a full-blown commercial product where money would become the most important thing. There is no problem here, lfs development simply continues, it takes a while but gradually gets better over time, and that's fine! We are quite happy with it!

Remember... if developing LFS for Scavier team will be pleasure, we will get S3 someday. They are their bosses, they can quit anytime they want so... don't annoy them(much ), and cheer them up(sometimes), so they will be happy developing LFS and so they will likely make S3. It doesn't matter when... it matters if! And "if" is dependent on Scavier's attitude towards development of LFS. And Scavier's attitude is dependent on the behaviour of the people here on the forum . Sure we can point flaws, but please don't moan every 5 seconds ^^.

Btw. We've already paid, we will not lose anything if they quit, but we might gain a lot if they will develope LFS further. The question is... are You really so dissatisfied to make the development of LFS a nightmare for our developers and so simply make them quit it? If yes... then for those who would like to see S3... quit LFS and NEVER come back.
(yeah... Scawen said that it is only a minor irritation... but someday one the moaners might cross a line... and them s*** will happen... :P)

Edit. This is not pointed towards anyone :P... i just wrote it... for the sake of writting it :P.
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG