The online racing simulator
Quote from sgt-KiLL :Developers of LFS,

stop f**king sleeping!!!! omfg :jawdrop:

:bananalla:hide:

STFU!! they arent sleeping! maybe u should read posts from devs... or nah... something else and get informed! ppl like u makes me ANGRY!
Quote from Dj-Aeri :Yeah... That's done in two weeks of work.

I think the basic things go first, and add-on cars and tracks arent.

it seems to be u know all... about lfs... it takes 2weeks
i trust with u u dont know how to start a linux server... LoL

it takes more than 2weeks to get realy good textures and interiors and some other stuff.... did u ever heard of reallife from Devs? theyre NOT a company... thats theyr "hobby" to make lfs....

SRY for double Post
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Quote from J@tko :As proven by the above post

He even took the German flag away from his name! Poor Zeug!
Quote from zeugnimod :It actually was 2 years (and 3 or 4 months) for the MRT and 3/4 years for the LXs.

Quote from zeugnimod :Ok, I thought the MRT was released in December 2004. But I was right about the LXs.

But, but, you said the MRT was released almost 2 years before the LX's! What are you smoking and can I have some?
Quote from McDee :But, but, you said the MRT was released almost 2 years before the LX's! What are you smoking and can I have some?

Hm, no, read the posts again.
-
Hey J@tko, look what you've done. Zeug is now somewhere in the universe.

Quote from zeugnimod :Hm, no, read the posts again.

Ahh OK, you just can't type

3/4 means .75

3,4 or 3 to 4 is what you were going for. I get it now.
there needs to be less private servers...
-
Quote from Dj-Aeri :That's the thing that I don't know because I don't see the progress reports like in the past.

When have there been any more frequent progress reports in the past?
If you check lfs.net you'll see there used to be progress reports. So much time has passed even the memory of 'em was long forgotten
Weildenixkannst
we gat wv when we get it. period ;O
lolz noobzz!!! anyways, how is everyone still here doing?
Scirocco where ???
Hello to all !!!

After taking along period off LFS, I have managed to find my way back. Due to real world problems couldnt managed to find the time to race.

Can someone fill me in on this new Scirocco and where can I find it ???

Also it is sad to see and hear that CTRA has closed its doors, Thats too bad it was really fun and realistic driving in those servers.

Great to know that LFS is still developing and moving forward and Scawen finds the time and effort to continue working on such a great project.

Thanks to all for your help in advanced !!!
#445 - xtm
Scirocco still hasn't been finished, you'll know when it comes out, the forums will be hysteric

CTRA did inded close down, the admin sort of ran out of juice - it's a hard work keeping up those servers, at their level of quality. Pity, it used to be THE server to be on..
I'm losing my patience. It was going to be finished in one week (11-19 Dec), but get postponed. Lets say Scawen really was moving house for two months and started working on Scirocco in mid February, it's three weeks now and still nothing. He know how big disapointment the postponment was for us and he know how much does community loves him and believe in him. He could at last release a test patch with bugged Scirocco and keep working on it in the no-moan silence.

The second way to stop moans would be release of FZ and FX interiors. For some reason they are not finished when they actually should be.

Quote from Scawen :Hello LFS Racers.

I'd just like to make a small announcement about some updates in a test patch that is planned for release today, and also a few words about progress and future updates.

Today's test patch will include updated interiors for the XF and XR (GTR and road) cars.

These caused some hotlaps to go out of sync due to things like the driver being in a slightly different position, so we took the opportunity to move (and lower) the centre of gravity of all the GTR cars and the XRT and RB4 to improve handling and hopefully improve class balancing. The XRT and RB4 have also had some small improvements to the rear suspension that make them nicer to drive. When Patch Z is released, the existing hotlaps for eight of the cars (XFG / UFR / XFR / XRT / RB4 / XRR / FXR / FZR) will need to be deleted.

While most people will be happy to see these improvements, we predict that some will be disappointed that the other GTR cars are not yet done. But don't worry, the FZ updates are near complete and we are keen to get that released along with the FXO updates as soon as possible - but not in time for Patch Z which will look very much like today's test patch and should be released next week.

The remaining GTR updates are part of the needed updates for LFS S2 to lose the ALPHA tag. Some other updates that should mostly be done to get out of ALPHA are :

- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors

I've noticed some discontent about the rate of progress and all I can do is assure you that no-one wants LFS out of ALPHA more than we do! Of course, by updating and releasing the clearly unfinished things mentioned here.

(post from June 2008 - ~9months ago)

Hope Scirocco will be released this weekend...
Who uses cockpit veiw anyway

I just want S2 to get out of freaking alpha stage, then beta and final, so we can start dreaming for S3.
Quote from Amynue :I'm losing my patience. It was going to be finished in one week (11-19 Dec), but get postponed. Lets say Scawen really was moving house for two months and started working on Scirocco in mid February, it's three weeks now and still nothing. He know how big disapointment the postponment was for us and he know how much does community loves him and believe in him. He could at last release a test patch with bugged Scirocco and keep working on it in the no-moan silence.

The second way to stop moans would be release of FZ and FX interiors. For some reason they are not finished when they actually should be.

(post from June 2008 - ~9months ago)

Hope Scirocco will be released this weekend...

And please tell me who you are to tell people that have been working for 7 years on the software what they should do and when they should do it?

If I was a developper of an online game, with a large community, it would be this kind of statements that would make me less inclined to work faster...
Quote from Amynue :The second way to stop moans would be release of FZ and FX interiors. For some reason they are not finished when they actually should be.

Are you kidding? Apart from TVE's remark ("who uses cockpit view" ), I'm totally amazed anyone who does use it cares about how the cockpit looks....
I think it's about time that a mod locks this thread.

The car will come when it comes, then all of you will be tired of it and want more.

None of you will be satisfied ever. There will always be something you want in the game.
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG