The online racing simulator
Quote from geeman1 :You shouldn't use alt+tab. Use shift+f4 to make LFS windowed instead.
Using alt+tab with games is just a bag of hurt and should be avoided.

Is like 3 times faster alt+tab, because if you shift+F4 LFS would reload all the scenary (or similar)

@Sm0k3: in winVista, if you do ctrl+alt+del you'll get a new screen, instead a window like XP. And that's usefull in most of the freezes
Quote from Whiskey :Is like 3 times faster alt+tab, because if you shift+F4 LFS would reload all the scenary (or similar)

Might be, but alt+tabbing causes games to crash and have all kinds of weird bugs and there is not much you can do programming wise because alt+tab goes out of the game by force (It doesn't let the game know that the user is switching to another program).
So sure you can use alt+tab if you want, but be prepared that it can cause games to crash/get stuck/have weird glitches.
well i use alt-tab all the time to get out of many games including lfs and it rarly causes me a problem and never has in lfs
I'm getting an error message when LFS gains focus (e.g. when it first starts, or when I alt-tab to it or when it's windowed and it gets focus). The error is:

"DI : Effect - Unknown Error"

I don't notice anything wrong with I get this error in the chat. I don't know what more details to give.
Quote from AndroidXP :This is intentional, to minimise the amount of bug reports coming from an old test patch. Using anything but the newest patch and posting here is a complete waste of (Scawen's) time

Sorry, i have not installed the Z10, because not enoug change is made. I have Z9 and i guess i was online with Z9 at servers with Z3 before somebody changed the possibility.
hey this prob isn't a major thing but i found that in window mode in any car on any track with keyboard control holding down clutch button then leaving window and still holding clutch button coming back into game window the clutch is disabled while still holding the button.
Quote from driftoz :hey this prob isn't a major thing but i found that in window mode in any car on any track with keyboard control holding down clutch button then leaving window and still holding clutch button coming back into game window the clutch is disabled while still holding the button.

That's not a bug. If you minimize the game won't receive any new info, that's the reason why pedals, wheels and everything still in the same position.

I'm play with wheel and usually the engine revs up while minimised, even if the gas pedal is 0% before minimizing

Quote from Inouva :need the Screenshot format into jpg or png

That would be great, but bmp is an instant file, while jpg need compresion. That means that you'll lose some leaving the game without CPU.

But if this is an option, because you are in pause and what to take a shot, then, I'm with you
Well, I use Shift + F4, because it doesnt matter me about reloading and wasting on time, because it does it on 0,020 on me
Look at this picture. I saw first time it today 16.39h
Attached images
wt.JPG
Reported many times before.
Ok. Sorry guys, but i havent been watching this trough all the patches, but noticed these 2 bugs just today.
Helmet bug (it looks kinda collapsed and in the places where the skinning parts are attaching). Im sure that its not skin problem, its for all the helmets.
And windows bug, i dont know why, but i cant see smokes trough the window. Saw that only watching my pictures ..

And here is an image about helmet bug.

I'm sorry if those bugs were already posted and not fixed yet, just give me a sign about that.
@ feat:

smoke or dust cant be visible trought windows. Also you can see hitted object trought the front window borders (are with black dots)

The thing in the helmet seems to be a minor 3D update. I bet that's a Master Skinnerz template, and the black mask need to be modified. Happend the same with XFG in patch Z
Yeah but the point was that older versions of lfs didnt do that.

Ctrl + alt + del didnt help, had to reset..

Although it didnt come to my mind that I could try shift + f4
Most of these bugs seem nothing to do with the latest patch. If people stopped reporting old bugs maybe we'd get patch sooner
@ PATCH Z10
Went in Cruise server and when i got outta pit and drove few meters then picture messed up.

... Kinda similar bug was also with Z9 patch.
Attached images
whatthe.jpg
Quote from hazaky :@ PATCH Z10
Went in Cruise server and when i got outta pit and drove few meters then picture messed up.

... Kinda similar bug was also with Z9 patch.

Thats your graphic card problem not lfs.
Now this actually is a bug. (kinda)

TCS and ABS should be the other way round, yes? To make ABS below the Brakes bit and TCS below the TCS bit

Makes much more sense than they are in the below screenie (Z10)
Attached images
lfs_00000110.jpg
Thankyou DEV's
Love Patch z 10. I really enjoy all the physic's ABS, I would like to see ABS in all road cars or the option to. LX4 licence plate! take it off (FIXED) Disk brakes flash on movie mod.

I so love lfs (demo to lfs since 2002) (S2 2007)

Travelled distance:235297 KmFuel burnt:76675 LtrLaps:58312Hosts joined:4362Races won:1834Second:965Third:587Finished:4273Qualifications:644Pole Positions:300Drags / Wins:261 / 122
isnt it supossed to be like that?
Quote from J@tko :Now this actually is a bug. (kinda)

TCS and ABS should be the other way round, yes? To make ABS below the Brakes bit and TCS below the TCS bit

nice one.
Quote from J@tko :Now this actually is a bug. (kinda)

And I presume that it will need correcting for the VWS too as that has ABS and TCS (and whatever other electronic things)
Quote from gacek1 :Thats your graphic card problem not lfs.

You're wrong. That kind of issues may come only when videocard is hot. Ive had this problem before, but ... i have better cooling system on it now and card temp reached only 65C when playng 4-5 hours of IV. Its about LFS ... Im kinad sure
I don't know if that is reported before(i read this thread through and didn't find it here)
When I was driving and hit handbrake and brake together(i know stupid thing to do) and ABS on then this happened, what you can see in the picture. Tyres were tottaly cold, but they rear tyres went orange when i hit handbrake and brake together.
Attached images
lfs_00000119.bmp
When tires go orange, that means that ABS is like 'activated' on those wheels. Dont know why handbrake made ABS to work but ... Maybe u have ur brakes set to back side of the car.
Quote from Cherry :I don't know if that is reported before(i read this thread through and didn't find it here)
When I was driving and hit handbrake and brake together(i know stupid thing to do) and ABS on then this happened, what you can see in the picture. Tyres were tottaly cold, but they rear tyres went orange when i hit handbrake and brake together.

It is totally normal, please use logic, this forum is only for bugs.
Try in your real car, and you see that is identically, ABS don't make action in handbrake, make in brake. If you press handbrake but don't lock your tires and press brake, you rear tires will block, ABS will work. Another thing is if a tire is locked or in the air, and ABS can't to do nothing you will see a orange tire in F9 menu.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG