The online racing simulator
Quote from ColeusRattus :Shouldn't that entitle him to a promotion to the Forum Rank of "no longer welcome"?

EDIT: skimming through the whole of 19 posts of him, I dare say he can be classified as "forum troll" anyway, so he wouldn't really be missed in here.

And yet some forum members output less content with 100+ posts
Well, somehow, for a very odd reason, you're his friend, so you actually would miss him obviously.
But if I had a say in here, there would be dozens of threads complaining that these nazi forums don't allow freedom of speech. There are lot's of people in here (including, but not limited to myself) that I'd had banned a long time ago...
Devs, when will be www.lfs.net "Cars" section updated ? Tech specs and other info.
Quote from Scawen :I don't think "Uximura" has only played the demo

Smells of the one featured in Todd's avtar
Quote from Kirill.D :Devs, when will be www.lfs.net "Cars" section updated ? Tech specs and other info.

When it's available, I'd guess.
i just came "back" (after just a few weeks, but anyway) and im so damn excited! the car looks so detailed in comparison to other fictional cars in lfs.
Funny how demo racers talk about the future when they don't even buy the damn game :o
Don't know if someone already asked this, if so sorry in advance...

The real car has wide torque & power bands (e.g. power is available from 5100 to 6000 rpm)...has this been recreated on the lfs model, or is it like the way we already have on the existing cars?
Quote from Uximura :Fact: "At some point" people lose interest and get interested by other products.

Fact: "At some point" sends the ball so far ahead in time you'll forget why or who had thrown it years before in case you happen to find it years later.

Fact: LFS has again the opportunity to compare itself with real world car (common one this time, the scirocco) and again the solution presented is half-baked like so many in LFS these recent years. Not even suspension geometry/type is of same nature. Fantasy la-la land continues.

Fact: The excuse over these years for half-baked, has been that after months of idling you work your butt-off for a month to make an artificial (self imposed or not) deadline. "there is no time for that" becomes the easy and handy excuse. Since GC there was no time to code a proper suspension for it? Shouldn't it have been a priority?

Fact: Confort is an enemy of will.

Fact: LFS will remain the sim that could but rarely is.

Well said, although we cannot know for certain how much work has been done.
Over the last year lfs hasn't received anything major. Some textures and minor tweaks which really isn't much. Including the modifications to how the tyres heat up which pretty much eliminated the use of the softest compound for the fastest cars.

What lfs needs is changes to the way it feels, not the way it looks. To mention a few things in need of improvement: realistic slip curves for slicks, undertray downforce, downforce relative to yaw(assuming this isnt modeled). Also the unbalanced classes, big gtr's especially, make for really dull endurance racing.
A new car won't change the issues that lie beneath. But I'll wait and give this patch a chance to impress. All I can say is that waiting 6 months for a new patch just to be disappointed is getting old.
Quote from 1303s_vortech :The real car has wide torque & power bands (e.g. power is available from 5100 to 6000 rpm)...

I would have never called that a wide power band is it a typo?
Perhaps it's time for you to move on to something else then. Also, I can't really agree to you. Of course everyone in here knows that the physics are still flawed, but as far as I can recall, most of the patches did more the the physics than to the look of the game. Additionally, the better and more complex the system is, the longer it takes to considerably improve it.
I do wonder how our glorious Devs recreated the flat torque curve.

Quote from FlyeThemoon :Phi i can replace models to drive Scirocco

For example Scirocco to XFG :P.

PS i never get S2 my mom said What ? you bought again stupid game.

Same here! That's why I convinced my mate's father to buy it with his creditcard, and in return I gave him the cash!
Quote :is it a typo?

Let's say it is... btw it's still wider than a regular engine max output...
Road tests says 230+ km/h.
Taking the risk of being unnatentive to details/not reading the whole thread, i've never noticed before on LFS that the wheels of cars when they move fast had the typical visual effect that makes them look like they're spinning on a contrary direction to the movement, or stopping, etc, which appears on the movie..

Is it new or i've been missing it all this time?
Quote from plehto :To mention a few things in need of improvement: realistic slip curves for slicks, undertray downforce, downforce relative to yaw(assuming this isnt modeled). Also the unbalanced classes, big gtr's especially, make for really dull endurance racing.
A new car won't change the issues that lie beneath. But I'll wait and give this patch a chance to impress. All I can say is that waiting 6 months for a new patch just to be disappointed is getting old.

Well said back.
The things you mention were AT SOME POINT said to be done AT SOME POINT.
I first heard it 4 years ago, how about you? And back then it was late by 2 years, because in late 2002 we had pc sim software with proper aero package where even push aero was modelled (meaning car in front also gets more speed from deflected air off his rear onto back car, effectively acting as one single car, draftlocked). Also missing undertray effectiveness due to height from ground and angle done with it (2axis).
This small episode just illustrates something bigger. All has been said at appropriate channels. Just didn't got the appropriate answer over the years, for LFS good that is. Because that's what we were talking about right?
I could speak of many areas where lfs could be adressed, but after years of could speech it rarely was.
Gold in front of the blind is just a rock.
It's not a feature, it's a simple coincidence, depending on the framerate, the symmetry of the wheels and the rotational speed of the wheel.

Let's take a 5-spoke wheel. If it turns a tad less than a fifth (or a whole) time around in the time of a frame, it will appear to you (because of how the brain works) as it would turn backwards slowly instead of forward.
Quote from Danny LFS :/me gets CMX Viewer

/me takes pics of VW Scirocco in LFS

/me attaches pics here in the forum

/me think VWS is awesome

Yo Danny thanks for the pics. I don't have the CMX Viewer for the new patch (V0.6A). Can't wait until next week!!!:woohoo:
Car is looking great guys, good work.
OMG!!!:jawdrop:
This is a wonderful notice!!!!!
And another wonderful notice is that I'll buy LFS S2!!!!!!
Quote from ColeusRattus :Perhaps it's time for you to move on to something else then. Also, I can't really agree to you. Of course everyone in here knows that the physics are still flawed, but as far as I can recall, most of the patches did more the the physics than to the look of the game. Additionally, the better and more complex the system is, the longer it takes to considerably improve it.

Assuming you are referring to me with "you", which really isnt adequate in forums.
You don't need to remember anything, just check the changelogs for patch z and y from lfs.net. It quickly becomes apparent that most of the changes to physics have been minor tweaks, excluding clutch heat, tyre heat and gearboxes.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Fact: people who utter assumptions as "facts" are retarded.

Touche sir, touche.

I suggest you don't reply to this message, or any other for that matter, if your input isnt something else than "go play some other game" or "you're a demo racer, you're wrong".
Quote from amp88 :Then, when everyone comes to the decision it feels just like the FXO (which it probably will...)

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling it won't be. I expect it to be better than the FXO.

No problem with not being excited about it though, if you start with low expectations, you can't be disappointed
Quote from plehto :realistic slip curves for slicks, undertray downforce, downforce relative to yaw

I like realism as much as the next guy, and I'd be happy to hear that any of the above have been addressed in a patch. But TBH, I don't think I'd notice very much difference from any of them. I wouldn't say, "Alright! This finally feels exactly like a real Raceabout!"

A new car, on the other hand, is very easy to notice. Bad undertray aero notwithstanding.
Nice to see the devs continue the "christmas present" tradition. Thanks v. much guys, looking forward to it.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco release plan
(695 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG