The online racing simulator
#76 - SamH
No promotion of non-approved mods is tolerated on this forum. Posts will be removed and accounts suspended. You know the rules and you know damn well you're breaking them, and it will not be tolerated further.
#77 - Byku
I was just waiting for this . Seriously I was quite suprised that this thread survived for so long .
-
(hiroshima guy) DELETED by SamH
-
(SamH) DELETED by SamH
can u guys help me the horsepower and everything works good but i cant seem to add any more forward gears than 4
Quote from Byku :I was just waiting for this . Seriously I was quite suprised that this thread survived for so long .

I still think my words conveyed more emotion than Sam's words did
Quote from kamilek12 :can u guys help me the horsepower and everything works good but i cant seem to add any more forward gears than 4

for 5 gears set the min/max to 7 ( they include the N and reverse gear ), just go up from there, however it stops at 7 gears maximum.
ok thank you
Quote from Ricerguy :for 5 gears set the min/max to 7 ( they include the N and reverse gear ), just go up from there, however it stops at 7 gears maximum.

No you can actually keep adding on... I have tried with min/max to 12 that means there's 10 gears, it works, but the setup screen will be buggy, which is the gear ratio will be shown but the slider is actually the one controlling the Final Drive ratio. So, the practical limit is, I think... min/max 10, which is 8 forward gears+N+R.

Don't believe me, try it out.
Quote from commandermas :it was a demo car before the FBM came. now its not. so you can't use it, just that simple

Ah ok I didn't realise this, I just assumed it was still a demo car. Thanks for clearing that up.
#84 - Etem
i can´t use it
i don´t now why.
can anyone help me please?
Do you get any errors?
Quote from Etem :i can´t use it
i don´t now why.
can anyone help me please?

DL version .2 from the website (.3 didn't work for me), open LFS and type '/insim 29999', then open lfstweak. It should show up in the LFS window. I'm too lazy to read all of the other posts, so I hope I'm not repeating anyone.
OK I get an error that hasn't been mentioned. I put both files that came in the .rar into the same directory as settings.ini

Then i load Lfs (0.5z s2) and open the tweak exe and get this.
Attached images
error.jpg
Wtf settings.ini? Tweak Z doesn't use any external files except 1/2 dlls.

And you are missing framework 3.5. Why won't people read anything that comes before their post?
-
(13OB) DELETED by SamH
-
(G!NhO) DELETED by SamH
I can't change the number of gears on any 3 of the cars? who can? and how did you do it?
Quote from bubba2533 :I can't change the number of gears on any 3 of the cars? who can? and how did you do it?

On the min/max gears when your using the Cartype editor (applies for ANY car)...

Minimum is 2 which is (N + R) but you can't do that in LFS so it's minimum 3 (R + N + 1st) and vice versa for the numbers.

So let's say you leave the min&max gears at 9 that means you have 7 forward gears and Neutral and Reverse.

Geddit? Try around in the Tweak and you'll find out how.

P.S. Anyway so far have anyone done a preset that resembles a bus? (e.g. Mercedes O405... )
-
(Psygo) DELETED by SamH
I get an error message when i try running slicks, how can i use slicks on the xrt?? its the same error message as on pg1 of this thread, JIT debugging or something
-
(bubba2533) DELETED by SamH
-
(bubba2533) DELETED by SamH
-
(hiroshima guy) DELETED by SamH
"Nice" answer, mr. Hiroshima...

Actually the usage of the .net Framework 3.5 not documented in the first post in this thread, and not in the lfs-database articles.

The only reference to .net 3.5 is some "angry" posts about it here and under the discussion threads at lfs-database.

For someone not used to install ekstra undocumented "addons" the errormessages from the app is not very good.

To answer Bubba's question:
.net Framework is a Microsoft framework with commands and utils that independent developpers can use.

.net can be downloaded from Microsoft.com:
http://www.microsoft.com/downl ... 7d32a6&DisplayLang=en
@ Psygo

I used to have the same problem. It solved when i updated .net to 3.5
Quote from SniperX :"Nice" answer, mr. Hiroshima...

Actually the usage of the .net Framework 3.5 not documented in the first post in this thread, and not in the lfs-database articles.

The only reference to .net 3.5 is some "angry" posts about it here and under the discussion threads at lfs-database.

For someone not used to install ekstra undocumented "addons" the errormessages from the app is not very good.

To answer Bubba's question:
.net Framework is a Microsoft framework with commands and utils that independent developpers can use.

.net can be downloaded from Microsoft.com:
http://www.microsoft.com/downl ... 7d32a6&DisplayLang=en

It's on my site - in bold, red text and in bigger font. Some dumb f...s still refuse to read that.
This thread (that is presenting your software to the LFS comunity) does NOT reference your page. You do not have a signature with a link, just a lot of "angry" posts saying something about a Framework. Not even a link to where the Framework can be found.

Instead of "angry" posts about a (for some people, unknown) Framework, why not just add the link or info??

(BTW, This is a super piece of software, the only way I am playing LFS for the moment is offline with LFS TWEAK :-))
thank you SniperX. At least I know i'm not the only one that noticed he has no good information or referances to his said information
Quote from SniperX :This thread (that is presenting your software to the LFS comunity) does NOT reference your page. You do not have a signature with a link, just a lot of "angry" posts saying something about a Framework. Not even a link to where the Framework can be found.

Instead of "angry" posts about a (for some people, unknown) Framework, why not just add the link or info??

(BTW, This is a super piece of software, the only way I am playing LFS for the moment is offline with LFS TWEAK :-))

Google is your friend.

Go to www.google.com. Enter into the box 'Net Framework 3.5'. Press 'I'm Feeling Lucky'. Tada.
"The Insim interface was unable to connect to the remote Insim host."

Now I am getting this. I just installed the net framework 3.5 so what else could it be?

It connected before I installed the framework, but it crashed when I clicked on it in the game. Now it won't even connect.
Quote from Lible :Google is your friend.

Go to www.google.com. Enter into the box 'Net Framework 3.5'. Press 'I'm Feeling Lucky'. Tada.

Google is my friend And i even did post the result here (but I didn't use google for the .net 3.5 download link).

As far as I can tell there has been a lot of "error reports" about .net 3.5 in this thread and no info where to get it...

btw: Most developers looks at their users as "customers" and not "Some dumb f...s"...
Sorry for being a total nub... but is there a readme somewhere that explains how to install / use this app? I just extracted it and ran the exe... but then I don't know what to do with the .twk file?

edit: nvm I'm a nub. Did some searching and I found http://laplaya.site90.com/?pid=4. Got it working now, thanks!

LFSTweak for Patch Z released!
(577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG