The online racing simulator
BUMP.

anyone have a working link to slickmod for 0.5 Z ?
-
(Lolo91) DELETED by Lolo91
The link doesn't work. Other web to download?
Thanks
Sorry to bump this thread for the hells of batman, but I have a question.

I'm currently running LFS in WINE 1.3.28, I'm able to use the steering lock mod, but I also want to use Tweak 0.6B. I can't get it running for some reason, is it possible to run tweak in WINE?
Quote from bkss :Sorry to bump this thread for the hells of batman, but I have a question.

I'm currently running LFS in WINE 1.3.28, I'm able to use the steering lock mod, but I also want to use Tweak 0.6B. I can't get it running for some reason, is it possible to run tweak in WINE?

Bump nobody?
Quote from Lible :LFSTweak has finally been released!

Includes:
  • Weight
  • Min/max gears
  • Drive (AWD, RWD, 4WD)
  • Min/max cylinders
  • Min/max displacement
  • Torque
  • General power
  • Idle level
  • Turbo
  • Engine type (flat, V, inline)
  • Cartype
  • Gearbox
  • Wheel settings
  • Fuel tank capacity
  • Revs
  • Slicks with all cars
DOWNLOAD

As always, you need to unlock LFS to use Tweak.

I can not download or missed an.....
it is for an old version of LFS, it isnt compatible regardless.
Something that really bugs me when tweaking in the game is how come figures like power, torque and weight are based off some random figures and not on a unit such as 1220 (for a 1220kg car) or 115 (for a car which does 115lb/ft of torque) rather than 0.15 or 1.6?

Is this a problem with LFS Tweak or LFS itself?
Trying to get 6 gears on my TDi, but I'm not getting more than 5 nomatter what I set it to. This is cartype 2. Any pointers?
Quote from Weasley123 :Something that really bugs me when tweaking in the game is how come figures like power, torque and weight are based off some random figures and not on a unit such as 1220 (for a 1220kg car) or 115 (for a car which does 115lb/ft of torque) rather than 0.15 or 1.6?

Is this a problem with LFS Tweak or LFS itself?

Same here i have no idea what the power and torque values stand for.

Quote :Trying to get 6 gears on my TDi, but I'm not getting more than 5 nomatter what I set it to. This is cartype 2. Any pointers?

Yeah that to lol.
Is that an actual example of the values of the units? They may be some nonsense internal thing, or maybe they are SI (like kW and Nm)?
The values are explained pretty well in the comments for LFSTweak. I'll repost them here.

Quote :
1) Engine and torque 1: what this does is basically increases both the power and torque figures. The higher this value is related to others, the higher your power and torque are.

2) Engine and torque 2: this basically changes the distance between peak power RPM and peak torque RPM, and it increases overall torque of your engine, related to power. The lower this value, the greater the distance between power and torque peak, and greater the ratio between power and torque gets, and vice versa. So, lets say 0,2 value will have 150hp@6000rpm and 300Nm @ 2000 rpm, and 0,6 value will have 150hp@6000rpm and 190Nm@4000 rpm.

3) Power and Torque 3: This is to me a very important value, and will see why. What this does is it flattens or sharpens the torque and power curves. The higher the value, smoother and flatter the torque/power curves will be. When making a engine, i suggest you first start with THIS value. If your engine will be something like a turbocharged petrol engine with really flat torque curve, you want a higher value, like 2,5 or 3, and then work other values after this. What this will do is it will make your torque and power curves flat, if you know what i mean. If you want a V-tec type engine, with lots of power at high revs and less power on low revs, then use value like 0,5 to 1. I use values 2,5 to 3 for turbocharghed petrol engines, about 2-2,5 for diesel engines, and 1-1,5 for atmospheric naturally aspirated engines, but again, it not fixed values, you have to play. Sometimes it takes me a couple of hours of tweaking and testing to get the engine absolutely perfectly, because i really am serious about it. NOTE: What this will also do is, the higher this value is, the faster (meaning on lower rpm) and before your turbo will spool up. For example, take and engine with 300 Nm @ 2000 rpm and 140hp @ 4000 rpm, which is your typical 2liter diesel. With value of 1, turbo wont spool up to full boost before 4000 rpm, with value of 3, turbo will spool up almost instantly (if your turbo speed is set to high) at like 1500 rpm. I hope this is clear, I cant explain it simpler.
4) Engine Torque: What this value does is simply it increased or decreases the rpm height or your torque and power peaks. Higher value puts your power and torque curves higher up, lower values lower down in rpm range. Also what it does it increased torque only with lower values, and decreases torque only with higher values.

Nice one - hadn't realised that info was there.
That explains a lot about how the torque (&power) curves are modelled within LFS...
Thank you for that info. I have figured out how to set the amount of gears its pretty simple and i cant believe i didn't realize it before. i went into the READ ME file that came with tweak and here we go

''Gear change''

''On the min/max gears when your using the Cartype editor (applies for ANY car)...

Minimum is 2 which is (N + R) but you can't do that in LFS so it's minimum 3 (R + N + 1st) and vice versa for the numbers.

So let's say you leave the min&max gears at 9 that means you have 7 forward gears and Neutral and Reverse.

Geddit? Try around in the Tweak and you'll find out how.''
Yes, Ihave tried that, with no success. Others have similar comments.

It's no biggie, though.
I tweak legal by developers. I mean what if i use it online on tweak server, and someone say im cheating, save replay.... how will people know im not cheater but using tweak?
Quote from frotto110 :I tweak legal by developers. I mean what if i use it online on tweak server, and someone say im cheating, save replay.... how will people know im not cheater but using tweak?

1-buy S1 or S2 license before using Tweak.

2-use only on servers with "modified" tag.
Quote from Whiskey :1-buy S1 or S2 license before using Tweak.

2-use only on servers with "modified" tag.

there are tweak servers on demo, people normaly use tweak. you say they should all be b...?

never saw modified tag... :S

but how will people know later when watching replay that i didnt used hacks, but tweak
G'day All,
The links don't seem to work for me, does anyone have a copy/working link etc?
I use to have it along with other mods but after a hard drive failure i've lost everything, car set ups the lot..so trying to get it all set back up again..
Thanks in advance
Tweak version 0.6H?
Cheers, got it sorted :-
hehe, yeah that would've been a good idea, oh well live an learn

LFSTweak for Patch Z released!
(577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG